Disney Visa Voucher Question

dteague

Earning My Ears
:confused:
My family and I are going to Disney in September (Thanks to this site for getting me deals on my room by buying DVC points and here for telling me about Connections for some Meal Vouchers and Tickets)...

My question is that I will have $150-200 of Vouchers from my Disney Visa card. I am wondering if when I get to OKW if I can just put those on my account for stuff I will purchase over the week that I don't have food vouchers for.

I would think so, but was wondering if anyone has done this already.

Thanks!

-Dennis
http://www.theteagues.com for my current countdown to Disney!

On the back of the reward dollar is says:

This rewards certificate may be redeemed only towards select merchandise, recreation, lodging, food, beverages and Walt Disney World admission tickets at participating locations at Walt Disney World Resort and on disney Cruise Line ships.

I don't know if that helps you any, but I don't see why you couldn't do it.

I will be in OKW in January of 2004 & am wondering about this Disney Visa and receiving vouchers good for food and etc? How does this work? Thank you much! Always looking for ways to save $$.

I received our vouchers in the mail the other day, they say on them that you can only use $20 worth of vouchers for every $50 purchase. I was a little disapointed, but oh well!

you can only use $20 worth of vouchers for every
$50 purchase.

That is VERY disappointing! So can you NOT use them UNLESS you spend $50 as well? No vouchers for Mickey bars? :(

So they limit your "earnings" to $750 a year, and then they limit how you spend them in the parks. They would be of no use to anyone for their rooms (ok - $20 off :rolleyes) and no use to anyone on tickets unless each one was bought individually.

It will really take a great deal of thinking and planning to be able to use these vouchers.

I am NOT happy. :mad:

Originally posted by BethR
That is VERY disappointing! So can you NOT use them UNLESS you spend $50 as well? No vouchers for Mickey bars? :(

So they limit your "earnings" to $750 a year, and then they limit how you spend them in the parks. They would be of no use to anyone for their rooms (ok - $20 off :rolleyes) and no use to anyone on tickets unless each one was bought individually.

It will really take a great deal of thinking and planning to be able to use these vouchers.

I am NOT happy. :mad:
I think you may be reading something into this that may not be there. It doesn't say you're limited to only using one $20 certificate, it says you can only use $20 worth of vouchers for every $50 purchase. I read that to mean that if you buy up to $50 you can use one $20 certificate, $100 you can use $40, $150 you can use $60, etc. If they were going to limit you to only using one certificate no matter what the price, they would have said something like "limit one certificate per purchase".

As far as your Mickey Bars goes, everything I've seen indicates that you can use them for an ice cream but it will be the most expensive ice cream bar you ever had. Disney Visa clearly states that there is no cash back if your voucher is more than your purchase.

All of this will become much clearer as people start using these rewards in various circumstances and they relate their experiences to everyone. Right now it's much too early in the game to make assumptions.

Here is what is says on the cardboard wallet that came with my DDRDs " Your Disney Dream Reward Dollars are here! .........They can be used for the partial amount of a purchase--you can redeem 20 reward dollars towards a $50 item and pay the remainder with cash or credit card. ....."

What they mean is that if you want to buy something worth more than the reward dollar amount then you can just pay the remainder with a different method.

I plan on doing just what the OP was mentioning, using them toward room charges. I do understand from using them earlier this year that you need to spend at least the amount of the DDRD or you will not receive change back from the transaction if your purchase is less than the reward dollar amount.

HTH!

Thank you Golden Oldie and welovedis for showing me some reason. Guess I really was being presumtious about this whole voucher thing. :(

You are right, of course, about the "most expensive Mickey bar ever," Golden Oldie - I DID know that there was no change given with these vouchers, I wasn't thinking.

So tell me welovedis, say that we go to Pecos Bill's for lunch or dinner and the bill is $40. Could I use $20 worth of vouchers towards that meal?

Probably in reality, what I WILL do, is use them towards our dinners at the 1900 Park Fare and Hollywood and Vine.

Thank you again for explaining this to me. :)

So tell me welovedis, say that we go to Pecos Bill's for lunch or dinner and the bill is $40. Could I use $20 worth of vouchers towards that meal?
Absolutely! You could even use $40 worth if you want. I used one of them for a meal on the Boardwalk and it worked out fine. The CM that cashed me out told me that they cannot give change from these though so that is why I added them to the room charge to make sure I got the full value of them.

HTH!

Wow, I was about to be very dissapointed there. $50 min. purchase to use $20. That would make these rewards even worse than they already are. I would be switching back to my old rewards card.

But I going to stick with the masses and assume that is incorrect.

I hoping to have at least 10 of these $20 vouchers, so I guess I'd have to make at least 10 purchases of 50 or more to use them all. Not that that is hard to do in WDW, but It sure would be a hassle.

I just called Disney Visa to find out exactly how the vouchers have to be used. A very nice guy named Paul told be that for every $50 purchase you can use up to 20 Disney Reward Dollars and that your minimum purchase must be at least $50. And, that you could use 40 Reward Dollars on a $100 purchase and so on. He said that many people have called after receiving thier vouchers with questions about the redemption policy. It won't be hard to use them, but I was thinking they were something along the lines of Disney Dollars. Too bad!:(

If this is the case, then these are really not much on the value side then. I'll have a $150-200 that I will not have much to spend them on except when we go out to a really nice meal, and then, I'll only save $20.

I would have gotten more value if I would have put everything on Discover then.

Weird that they they say $20 off of $50... Since they are in $10 increments per the Website.

Has anyone actually used them at WDW that can give an answer? I guess I could email Disney and ask them.

-Dennis

Hi Dennis!

I know how you are feeling. I was feeling the same way this morning. But take a look at what p2oh shared:

Originally posted by p2oh
I just called Disney Visa to find out exactly how the vouchers have to be used. A very nice guy named Paul told be that for every $50 purchase you can use up to 20 Disney Reward Dollars and that your minimum purchase must be at least $50. And, that you could use 40 Reward Dollars on a $100 purchase and so on. He said that many people have called after receiving thier vouchers with questions about the redemption policy. It won't be hard to use them, but I was thinking they were something along the lines of Disney Dollars. Too bad!:(

So it sounds like you can use up to $20 is Rewards Dollars for every $50 purchase. If you spend $100 - you can use $40, if you spend $150 - then you can use $60, etc.

I am sure that if you are staying on WDW property, that you will be able to use them to make a nice dent in your room bill. Or a nice chunk off of a nice meal.

I think that it is not as bad as I origanally thought...

Also, if you read welovedis's posts, he/she HAS used the Rewards Dollars and it does not sound as if there were any complaints.

:)

Well, my room is already 100% paid for (DVC points) so I will not be able to use them against it. :( I have already bought my year long passes and paid for them... Another :( because I can't use them against that bill.

Personally I think we should be able to use them anyway we want. They have made the program so restrictive... i.e. pick if you want them at DW, DL, or DS. Why not make them like cash (accepted everywhere:D )

Just frustrating since I have been using it just for the reason of my trip in September, and now find out that money that I could have gotten as cash thru another card (even if less $$$) would have saved me more on my trip.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think it's a misunderstading - on the cardboard folder that they come in it states "They can be used for the partial amount of a purchase -- you can redeem 20 reward dollars towards a $50 item and pay the remainder with cash or credit card."

Sounds like you could use 10, 20, 30, 40 or even 50 towards a $50 purchase.

There is phone # 1-800-300-8575 for questions.

Again, I hope someone is just misinformed. If you have to spend 75k for a lousy 750(1%) rebate. Then you would have to spend 1125 of your own money before you could use the rewards up. That is a raw deal. When on some cards you could earn well over 1200 CASH for that same amount of spending.

It sure sounds like (from the people who have actually used them) this is incorrect. I sure hope so.

I too am disappointed with this deal....we are DVC so forget putting them against the room and right now have park passes..I am seriously thinking of getting the SPG card and using it for building up rewards to stay at the S&D when we are out of DViC pts

So if you book a trip through Disney Travel and pay for the room before you arrive, you can't use the rewards there....

If you purchase your hopper passes before you leave to get the discount, you can't use the rewards there...

When and where is the best place to use these things???? It seems they have it worked out where you can't use the rewards AND get their best prices..

Ok, I just re-read the Program Terms and Conditions and there is no clause about having to spend $50 for every $20 in Visa Vouchers.

In fact, that wouldn't even make sense considering they make it very clear that you won't get change back if you purchase an item less than the value of the voucher. If you CAN'T use a $20 for a purchase less than $50, why would they even have to mention not getting cash back in change?!?

Peggy

I used one at the food court to pay for my dinner, I used 2 at ESPN on a bucket of wings and a football ice cream and four drinks came to ($42). I used one $10 voucher for a boat rentalthat cost $20. I used several in the gift stores buying stuff like T-shirts, hats, flashlight key chains(got 4 for $10). Used one to get a new trading pin at downtown disney also. I had 7 $10 vouchers, All of my purchases were over $10 but no where close to $50.

I could of used more for eating out, so I'm alraedy saving for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter