• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Card

Sorry I'm late to the party on this thread, but I have two questions about the credit card.
1) Can the redemption card be used towards actually paying for your vacation or is it only good for "play money" for your trip?
2) How do you go about getting sign up offers for the card? Is it just as simple as calling the card co and asking them to mail me information?
TIA!

1. You can use your reward points for anything Disney related. They can be used for your room, tickets (through Disney, not a 3rd party), popcorn on Main Street, the local Disney Store, etc. basically anywhere on property that has the ability to swipe a card. So that would leave out a few traveling kiosks, and any cash only places. You can also use the rewards for airline tickets (to anywhere, not just Disney) but you have to charge the tickets to your Visa and then request a credit to your bill using your points which can take a month or two.

2. There is always a public offer for signing up for the card. It can be found at www.disneyrewards.com. As for the higher offers, those are address/name specific and I don't know the secret to triggering one. They are similar to the PIN offers for trip discounts. If you receive one, it is specifically for you and no one else.

I already have a Chase Visa card that earns 1% on everything and 5% on certain purchases. We have been debating whether or not we should get the Disney Visa. I called Chase about it, and the customer service rep told me the card I had was better (I guess that is a matter of opinion with the perks). She actually told me that I would have to give up my current card in order to get the Disney card. I spoke to someone at the Disney CC customer service number, and they said this wasn't true. I was just wondering if anyone has an answer or holds the Disney card and another Chase Visa. I could probably get around this by having my DH sign up, but the whole thing is just bugging me for some reason.

I have a Chase Freedom Visa card, and a Chase Disney Visa card. :)

I have a regular Chase card and a Disney Chase card. I also had the chase card that Was through Amazon (which I cancelled in my own). So I would say that you for sure are allowed more than one.

I haven't seen any new 2014 offers (which generally precede the public offers). Am I missing something?

I applied and was approved for the Disney visa last night. The promotion was too good to pass up. $200 statement credit after your first use. You do not have to use it on Disney for the $200 offer either.

I logged on to My Disney Experience to make my final payment and saw the offer. I decided that the $200 credit would come in handy for tips etc (we are doing the "Stay, Play & Dine" deal.

However, I do not get the 0% financing for 6 months as you have to pay for your entire trip with your Visa to get that. Since I have it almost all paid for it would have been a pain to have it refunded and than repay with the Disney Visa. It is not a big deal as I will pay it off before the statement cuts anyways.

We will use it for the perks at Epcot. It is probably the one I will keep on file at the resort too.

I applied and was approved for the Disney visa last night. The promotion was too good to pass up. $200 statement credit after your first use. You do not have to use it on Disney for the $200 offer either. I logged on to My Disney Experience to make my final payment and saw the offer. I decided that the $200 credit would come in handy for tips etc (we are doing the "Stay, Play & Dine" deal. However, I do not get the 0% financing for 6 months as you have to pay for your entire trip with your Visa to get that. Since I have it almost all paid for it would have been a pain to have it refunded and than repay with the Disney Visa. It is not a big deal as I will pay it off before the statement cuts anyways. We will use it for the perks at Epcot. It is probably the one I will keep on file at the resort too.

Head up you can get the 0% when only paying a portion of your trip on the card. I have done it 3 times now. Last one was just 2 weeks ago.

Head up you can get the 0% when only paying a portion of your trip on the card. I have done it 3 times now. Last one was just 2 weeks ago.

Really? That would be fantastic! I wouldn't rush to pay it off so fast then. The lady at Chase said I had pay for the entire trip with the card. I kinda wondered how they would know what the full cost of the trip was anyways!

and asked about getting the card to put my Disney dollars on, because I am going next dec. She said when I got to D.W. I could grab a card in any shop and have them call the visa 800 number and they can load the rewards right then on the blank card. Does that make since.:firefight
I signed up for the $200 offer right off of the Disney sight when I was looing for hotel rooms.

Really? That would be fantastic! I wouldn't rush to pay it off so fast then. The lady at Chase said I had pay for the entire trip with the card. I kinda wondered how they would know what the full cost of the trip was anyways!

You get 0% for 6 months on any disney vacation package charge over $200. I got the 0% 6 month when I paid our down payment of $200 and then it applied again when I paid the trip off.

and asked about getting the card to put my Disney dollars on, because I am going next dec. She said when I got to D.W. I could grab a card in any shop and have them call the visa 800 number and they can load the rewards right then on the blank card. Does that make since.:firefight
I signed up for the $200 offer right off of the Disney sight when I was looing for hotel rooms.

You can request a rewards card online, or they can do it over the phone.
Find the disney rewards website.
There used to be only a place in DTD that you could do your rewards at, not what you are being told.
Don't know if things have changed, but what they are telling you is not my experience.

Rewards cards do expire, and you can only transfer certain amounts, so wait until closer to the date to do it (about 2 months before.) and make sure you leave enough (it's either more than 10 or 20 that has to be transferred) so you can transfer your last minute rewards.

Ok, I was half right, and they were half right. Here's the info from the site:
How to Order a Redemption Card
Order online
Request a Disney Rewards Redemption Card from Chase.com

Order by phone
Request a Disney Rewards Redemption Card by calling 1-800-300-8575.

Pick up at Disney Theme Parks
Pick up a Disney Rewards Redemption Card at the Guest Relations locations listed below. Present a photo ID and your Disney Visa Card.

Walt Disney World® Resort, located directly inside and outside each Theme Park

Magic Kingdom® Park Guest Relations Window
Magic Kingdom® Park Guest Relations at City Hall
Disney's Hollywood Studios® Guest Relations
Epcot® Guest Relations
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Guest Relations
Downtown Disney® at Walt Disney World® Resort
Downtown Disney® Marketplace Guest Relations
Downtown Disney® West Side Guest Relations

ETA: I would ALWAYS get my rewards card BEFORE my trip. If you get there and have issues, You are out your rewards money and/or time.
Also, I tend to use mine at the resort before I even go to the parks or DTD.

Are there any current incentives for signing up? I've been thinking about doing it in anticipation of our trip.

We love this card. We use it a lot. We put all of our expenses on it each month, everything, and then pay it off at the end of the month.

Gas, groceries and restaurants earn you 2%!

In doing this, we have earned over $1000 in Disney Reward Dollars to spend at Disney these past two years. We didn't have to pay anything out of pocket for food for our October trip, and half of our December trip was covered.

I love it as far as rewards cards go.

Are there any current incentives for signing up? I've been thinking about doing it in anticipation of our trip.

I am curious as well.

It's $200 for signing up for the Premier card (annual fee) and $50 for the Rewards Card for new card members. Notice, you'll have to spend $500 in the first 3 months to qualify.

We love this card. We use it a lot. We put all of our expenses on it each month, everything, and then pay it off at the end of the month.

Gas, groceries and restaurants earn you 2%!

In doing this, we have earned over $1000 in Disney Reward Dollars to spend at Disney these past two years. We didn't have to pay anything out of pocket for food for our October trip, and half of our December trip was covered.

I love it as far as rewards cards go.

I just signed up for the Premier card for the $200 gift card and the 2% reward points! And that 6 months interest free makes it a bit more convenient to go!

We booked our trip thru aaa this past June. Our trip is March 29-April5. We just received our premier card -- can we still get the bonus points/money if we place the balance of the trip on the card? Does the fact that we booked so long ago thru aaa matter? We got the card solely for the points. We are going to turn around and pay off the card/trip.

We booked our trip thru aaa this past June. Our trip is March 29-April5. We just received our premier card -- can we still get the bonus points/money if we place the balance of the trip on the card? Does the fact that we booked so long ago thru aaa matter? We got the card solely for the points. We are going to turn around and pay off the card/trip.

You get points for any purchase, so, yes, you'd get points. What I'm not sure about is whether you'd get the 0% financing for 6 months.

You can get your rewards added on at Disney as long as you have over $10 worth of rewards in your account.

I was shocked at how quickly the gift card came in the mail. I think it even beat the first month's bill! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter