Disney Visa Card Summer Discounts out!!!

Our dates are 6/13-6/20. We had the first 3 days first on the public discount, then later on the AP discount. Any date you have from the 16th forward is not on the spring discount. It expired on the 15th, but the 15th is included in that spring discount. I am certain your TA is wrong on this- the previous discount does not apply on any dates past the 6/15.

You will have to book it as a split stay in order to keep the current discount you have. We just did ours this morning and it's a room only discount.

Yes, exactly what I thought. Thanks, and we'll see you in the parks 6/13-6/20!! :-)

I just got my email as well.

"Book your stay today before this offer becomes available to the general public on March 23, 2015!"

Glad I checked here today! I had to move up to a garden view(standards were all gone) at POR, but I saved $144. As mom says, "That's better than a poke in the eye!". I'll take it!

Lucky me! My discount was applied! 5 nights at the discount and niw just 2 at rack rste

YAY Lucky us! The discount was applied to our stay, we saved very close to $400 on our 8 night CBC reservation!

You have to pay your deposit with your Disney Visa.

We did not, she did not take another deposit (original deposit not on that card)-nor did she ask for the card information. I did have it nearby just in case though. I wonder if you do have to use your DV if you are making a new reservation though or perhaps they ask randomly if you are applying the code to an existing reservation?

Lucky you! Strange though, we were told there were no courtyard views available at all. We had one booked and had to switch to a woodsview for the 2nd half of our trip.

I'm sure it has to do with the dates of your stay. There's only so many rooms of each category allotted for the deal and with so few bunk rooms yet fairly desirable I bet they go fast. They said no courtyard available at all? Not just w/ bunks? Never hurts to call back - with so many people changing things something could pop up.

I'm sure it has to do with the dates of your stay. There's only so many rooms of each category allotted for the deal and with so few bunk rooms yet fairly desirable I bet they go fast. They said no courtyard available at all? Not just w/ bunks? Never hurts to call back - with so many people changing things something could pop up.

Our trip is mid- June. We previously had 2 courtyard view rooms and did not have bunks. We actually didn't want bunks- all that was available was woods view, bunks. That's what surprised me. Bunk beds are usually in high demand, or so I thought. No courtyard of any kind, no standard view of any kind. We have 2 rooms with bunks now. 1 room is 2 adults, the other is 2 adults and a toddler. He's going to want to be in that top bunk and no way he gets to sleep up there! Just very strange that's all that was available.

I checked back a couple of hours ago and that was still all the availability they had, even spoke directly to a supervisor with guest services. They were very nice, but insisted that was all they had. Perhaps the AP will have more. I plan on calling Monday when it's released to the public, but I'm guessing it all comes from the same pool of rooms.

We're glad to get the discount and we'll manage with the room change and bunks if we have to. Would've just preferred no bunks, courtyard views. The savings was very nice though!

Our trip is mid- June. We previously had 2 courtyard view rooms and did not have bunks. We actually didn't want bunks- all that was available was woods view, bunks. That's what surprised me. Bunk beds are usually in high demand, or so I thought. No courtyard of any kind, no standard view of any kind. We have 2 rooms with bunks now. 1 room is 2 adults, the other is 2 adults and a toddler. He's going to want to be in that top bunk and no way he gets to sleep up there! Just very strange that's all that was available.

I checked back a couple of hours ago and that was still all the availability they had, even spoke directly to a supervisor with guest services. They were very nice, but insisted that was all they had. Perhaps the AP will have more. I plan on calling Monday when it's released to the public, but I'm guessing it all comes from the same pool of rooms.

We're glad to get the discount and we'll manage with the room change and bunks if we have to. Would've just preferred no bunks, courtyard views. The savings was very nice though!

I see. For the toddler issue - sometimes there are stickers on the beds that say upper bed not for children under 7. When we shopped for bunks all the beds had that sticker on them and I think at one resort we stayed at had that. Just another "not our fault" thing if you choose to put your kid up there to cover their rears. Not sure if that's some standard for bunks or what. Look for the sticker (or even make one) and just tell them that's the rule so sorry. :goodvibes

Good luck!! But yes the discount rocks regardless.

Definitely get on the phone when this offer is released to the general public. They are not from the same pool of rooms. Visa Card offer has their own block of rooms and the general public offer has their own block of rooms set aside. Just call as soon as the phones open. Good luck!

Definitely get on the phone when this offer is released to the general public. They are not from the same pool of rooms. Visa Card offer has their own block of rooms and the general public offer has their own block of rooms set aside. Just call as soon as the phones open. Good luck!

Thanks! I'll definitely call then!

Anyone know how long after public discounts before they release the AP discount? I know it's usually not a lot better, but it did cut $100 off our first 3 days.

YAY Lucky us! The discount was applied to our stay, we saved very close to $400 on our 8 night CBC reservation!

We did not, she did not take another deposit (original deposit not on that card)-nor did she ask for the card information. I did have it nearby just in case though. I wonder if you do have to use your DV if you are making a new reservation though or perhaps they ask randomly if you are applying the code to an existing reservation?
I had to use my Disney visa. I made the orif=ginal deposit with an different visa, and was asked to use this one for another 200.

ha
I had to use my Disney visa. I made the orif=ginal deposit with an different visa, and was asked to use this one for another 200.

Believe me, I was wondering about the confirmation email-until it finally came. Luck of the call center CM draw? Have a great vacation!

Why didn't I get this offer??!!! I'm a Disney Visa cardholder, didn't get an email, went to Disney Visa website and looked in all the right places, but this offer is not on the Disney Visa website for me!! However, I am happy to report that I called Disney reservations and was able to use my Disney Visa to book our reservation using the 30% offer described in previous postings in this thread. BWI Club Level in July, yay!! Whew. Happy Friday!

Last edited:
Interesting...I called yesterday at 1:30 (the first time I was free all day!), and there was no availability for a 5 person room at POR. Upgrading to any other room/suite would have added a minimum of $1500 to our package. It's a first time for us needing a 5 person room and haven't had a problem getting discounts before. Both the CM and the Guest Services CM I talked to afterward said that the Disney Visa and the general discount pool of rooms is exactly the same. Question- if Thank I currently have a package booked at POR but decide to book a new one either online or on Orbitz, I should be able to cancel and get my full deposit back, right? It also shouldn't affect ADRs that I made?

I can't wait till Monday when it becomes available to the public. We will need to move to Riverside from POFQ, but we will make the move for the savings...

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone, but I called to find out if any of the suites are included in the discount. I have a trip already booked for late August (the Labor Day agency exclusive mentioned frequently here). It's roughly 45% off rack rate, so I knew I wouldn't get a better deal. But I'm planning another trip for next January and I was curious whether any of the suites would be included. Doesn't guarantee they will be in what ever discount they run for next year, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask and it might give me an idea what to expect. So the 1 BR and 2BR suites at AKL are included in the deal. The deluxe rooms at WL are also included, but the ones at the BC are not.

No rooms available for me at POR, dates June 29-July 7th. :(I have a standard room booked already, but no standard or garden rooms available with the discount. Boy, that has never happened before and I have called a few days after the discount comes out. She did say to try again on Monday just in case. It is possible more rooms will become available. Pool view and royal rooms with the discount were more $$ than my current reservation. And I don't want a pool room anyway. I feel pretty disappointed as I was really counting on saving some money. I did look into upgrading to WL and that was $300 more for a standard, so kept my current reservation for now and hoping they open more rooms up on Monday, but I don't feel too confident about that. I am feeling a bit disappointed with my Disney vacation planning skills at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter