Disney Visa best sign up offer right now?

What categories would earn a higher % using Disney vs Amex? Just curious.

None. If Amex/Disney Visa (and Chase Freedom) are all at 1% for a particular category then I use the Disney Visa to earn rewards for my next trip.

Thanks OP! Because of this I got them to add $35 disney rewards to my account! Every penny counts for our trip this summer. Took about 24 hours for them to do it for my account. Now I am waiting on my husband's. Yes, we have two seperate accounts. We didn't communicate very well when applying!

thank you for the link to the $200 sign up offer!!! I have been approved and I can't wait to scoop up the free money.

Do this offer for a $100 Statement Credit:
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/disney/wph1/?CELL=6Y4X01

Note: Although the link was intended for Annual passholders, it is open to the public. I got mine through this link.

After you get your card, email customer service, telling them about how some new customers are receiving a $200 enrollment bonus, and that you would like 100 Disney Reward dollars to be added to your account to bring you up to that $200 number. They will credit your account 100 Disney Reward dollars. They did it for me. If they don't, call them and keep calling until you get it.

Link to both "public" offers for the two options. Obviously not as good as the above link for the regular Disney Visa.

http://www.disneyrewards.com/cards-overview-apply?CELL=6JGC11

Hmmm, so you can really stack these and get $200 back and ultimately have the premier card with 5% rewards for 3 months....

1 - use 1st link and apply for regular card with $100 bonus after first use. After you get the first $100 bonus (I wouldn't feel comfortable calling for the $200 but to each their own)...

2 - upgrade to Premier card using the offer on Chase's website - get $100 credit PLUS earn 5% on everything for 3 months

Limited-time offer:

Earn a total of 5% on card purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations for the first 3 months

Respond by April 30, 2012 to qualify for this special offer.

Annual Fee of $49.

My mom and I are cruising this summer and the balance is due at the beginning of January. If my mom used this method to pay her 1/2, I figure she could have $309.25 Disney Dollars:
$100.00 = for opening regular Disney Visa
$100.00 = upgrade from regular to premier Disney Visa
$133.25 = 5% of her 1/2 of cruise cost
$25.00 = 1/2 of OBC given for paying cruise in-full with Disney Visa
-$49.00 = premier card annual fee
$309.25 = 11.6% of 1/2 cost of our Fantasy cruise back in Disney Dollars!!!

Heck, this would pay for an excursion or two. :woohoo:

My own results won't be as dramatic since I already have a Dis Visa card (so no $100 for opening regular acct) and since I've already paid the $1k deposit using my regular Dis Visa. But I may upgrade anyway and get 5% on the balance of my portion plus I could get the 5% on my airfare....

Hmmm, so you can really stack these and get $200 back and ultimately have the premier card with 5% rewards for 3 months....

1 - use 1st link and apply for regular card with $100 bonus after first use. After you get the first $100 bonus (I wouldn't feel comfortable calling for the $200 but to each their own)...

2 - upgrade to Premier card using the offer on Chase's website - get $100 credit PLUS earn 5% on everything for 3 months

Limited-time offer:

Earn a total of 5% on card purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations for the first 3 months

Respond by April 30, 2012 to qualify for this special offer.

Annual Fee of $49.

My mom and I are cruising this summer and the balance is due at the beginning of January. If my mom used this method to pay her 1/2, I figure she could have $309.25 Disney Dollars:
$100.00 = for opening regular Disney Visa
$100.00 = upgrade from regular to premier Disney Visa
$133.25 = 5% of her 1/2 of cruise cost
$25.00 = 1/2 of OBC given for paying cruise in-full with Disney Visa
-$49.00 = premier card annual fee
$309.25 = 11.6% of 1/2 cost of our Fantasy cruise back in Disney Dollars!!!

Heck, this would pay for an excursion or two. :woohoo:

My own results won't be as dramatic since I already have a Dis Visa card (so no $100 for opening regular acct) and since I've already paid the $1k deposit using my regular Dis Visa. But I may upgrade anyway and get 5% on the balance of my portion plus I could get the 5% on my airfare....

Your account has to be open for 12 months to be eligible for the upgrade.So no it would not work.

1 - use 1st link and apply for regular card with $100 bonus after first use. After you get the first $100 bonus (I wouldn't feel comfortable calling for the $200 but to each their own)....

Also, you do not have to call. Just email them through the Credit Card website that you heard of a $200 enrollment bonus and want to know if you can have it too. I was more than willing to accept a "no, you do not qualify for the $200", but instead they gave me the 100 Disney Rewards dollars. There is nothing unethical about that in my opinion.

This is news to me. Thanks for the post. I have the capital one card where we get 2% back on everything, but we pay for most of our Disney vacation with our Disney Visa due to the discounts and financing. Now that we are DVC members, i am not sure if our costs will be enough per year to justify that increase. $4900. I wish I had knew about this before I put the downpayment on our membership!

Hi - just a follow up question on this thread....

I have had my disney visa for years, and am planning to upgrade it. Is there a way to upgrade, get the 5% bonus on spending and all that, AND get the $100 enrollment for annual passholders? The enrollment websites seem mutually exclusive.

Just wondering if anyone has done this?

So you have to crunch the numbers ... You are paying $49 per year for an additional 1% of Reward Dollars in some categories. $49 is 1% of $4900. Will you spend more than $4900 per year at restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, and at Disney? If so, the you are essentially paying $49 of real money for a Disney Gift Card in the amount of 1% times that amount you will spend.

Hm, well, my plan is to purchase in full our cruise in 2013 during this 5% period, along with the deposit for our Disney trip this fall. I think you get 5% for flights too, so I got those during this 5% period along with the park tickets through their YES program, so I hope that counts too.

Whatever Disney Reward points I accrue this year I'll put towards the final payment of the hotel for this fall, then downgrade the card so I only pay the annual fee one time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter