Disney Reward Dollars

chipscinderelly

<font color=3399cc>Victim of a drive-by tag attack
Has anyone cashed in and used their rewards yet? I have some in my account from last month and didn't know if it was a good idea to cash out a little at a time or to wait until I am almost ready to go to Disney - planning on using the rewards at WDW.

Also - according to the information the dollars can be used on "select merchandise" and at "select locations"... anyone have a list of these locations?

Thanks!

Nobody seems to have a list of the locations. Even the certs themselves don't have anymore info on them, I'm told. I haven't cashed out yet--but someone here has (I don't know if they've used them yet). I don't have enough to cashout yet, but I was figuring I'd just wait until about 2 months before our trip. But then knowing me, I'll probably cashout once I hit 20.

Remember, you have to have earned 20 pts(dollars) before you can cashout.

Some other things to think about. They claim it takes 6 weeks for the certs/cards to arrive, but I think the person that cashed out got them faster. The points you earn expire 5 years after they're earned. The certs/cards have their own expiration dates, but I can't find any info on when that is.

I cashed out at $20. The certs arrived in 2 weeks. They have the same vague language about "select merchandise and locations". I guess I will find out at the end of June.

Thanks for the replies!

Snwwhite - after you head out this summer please post back on any restrictions.

I've used them last week!! :)

I forgot to use them on our room, but asked if I could have, and they said yes.

I actually forgot to use them when we were buying our AP's, but asked if I could have, they said yes.

We were at Mama Melrose's at MGM and I remembered this time!! I asked and they said no problem.

Worked well. I'm already planning the next trip!

BTW, it took less than 2 weeks for mine to arrive. I think it was 8 days. Also, once you cash them out, the certs expire December of the following year (the certs I had had an expiration of 12/31/04).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter