Disney Resort & Park Questions...it's been a while!!

Justbranches5

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are going to be in Orlando the first week of June and haven't been to Disney in about 8 years. I've heard rumors about not being able to park at or visit the resorts unless you are staying there (we are off-site). In past visits, we have always visited the Boardwalk resort and hung out on the Boardwalk ...is that not allowed any more? If it is, can you still drive there and park in their parking lot? Is that true for some of the other resorts? Maybe it's just a parking issue...?

I also have reservations for the Grand Floridian Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and to make it more of an "event", I would like to park at the Magic Kingdom and take the water ferry over. Any issues with that?

Thank you so much for your help!

Lisa & Family

I also have reservations for the Grand Floridian Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and to make it more of an "event", I would like to park at the Magic Kingdom and take the water ferry over. Any issues with that?

Yes, you can do this if you want. I believe you will have to first get from the TTC to the main gate of MK and then catch the boat from the main gate to GF.

In past visits, we have always visited the Boardwalk resort and hung out on the Boardwalk ...is that not allowed any more? If it is, can you still drive there and park in their parking lot? Is that true for some of the other resorts? Maybe it's just a parking issue...?

Here is what is says on Disney's website about Resort Parking:

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

So, yes you can park at Disney's BoardWalk and enjoy everything the boardwalk has to offer.

What you may be thinking of is the scenario where someone tries to cheat the system (parking for free) by parking at a resort and taking transportation to a theme park. That is a big NO-NO.

However, Disney would love you to visit all of their resorts, so you can start thinking about your next trip before you even finished your current one.

Yes many of the resorts will not let you park there unless you are staying there, have dinning reservations or plan to use the valet parking. Poly, GF, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk - yes last week we stayed here and the sign was out, Beach Club, Yacht club have a big sign up as you pull into the security guard area that say parking is restricted to those staying or dinning at the resort.

Last edited:

Thank you so much for your help!

Lisa & Family
Just to mention, There is no parking at the Magic Kingdom.
You park at the Ticket Center, then ferry or Monorail to the Magic Kingdom.
So, to do what you are suggesting you would so the following
Park at TTC, ferry or monorail to MK, then get on the boat and ferry back to GF. It's a really roundabout way to get to GF from TTC. Possible but time consuming.
Or you could
Park at TTC then walk from TTC to Poly and to GF
or
Park at TTC get on Resort monorail and ride to GF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter