Disney Parks Mobile Magic Apps

Interesting. Any other info on what else the app might do?

I don't know anything else, after I read this today I called and that was all he knew. And that isn't even guaranteed to be the case when it does come out. I am going to try it as I don't have an iphone and want a decent disney app so bad. I won't get my hopes up to high as I know how disney and computers go hand in hand:rotfl2:

We are very excited for this app and cant wait to try it out. I hope it works as well as it sounds like it will!

Well, if it is a true "web app" it should be provider and phone agnostic, requiring only a web browser. Long therm I think this will be the dominant phone app. It means you write an app once and it works for every phone OS. They are possible now but will increase in popularity and functionality once html 5 is more widely supported by mobile browsers. They also won't need any approval from different stores. The market will decide if they are approved by whether or not they are purchased.

Despite the maturity of the mobile phone the phone as a computer is still in the early days.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...rks-mobile-app-details-screen-shots-unveiled/

Highlights:
Mobile Magic is bringing attraction wait times, FASTPASS return times, extensive information on character locations and more for Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks

here’s been an investment in the backend infrastructure to support Mobile Magic and offer actual wait times based directly on Disney Parks information.

mobile maps are GPS-enabled.

If you are not a Verizon Wireless subscriber, you can still use your mobile phone to access select information via text and on the Disney Parks Mobile Web site.

Can you post on the Dis from the app?

Man that would be sweet if that was included.

I just wish there was such an app for the Iphone ;)

This app was finally released and it wont work with my phone. Apparently it doesnt work with windows mobile smart phones. I have one of thier most expensive phones and I cant use this app. I am not happy!! They better release a version for windows mobile soon.

I tried to download the app and they said it won't work on my phone either. :mad: I have the LG Dare. I might give them a call and see if they know if they will be doing a version that will work on my phone.

Kim

What phones does it work on? I went to the website and it doesn't say. We had to have all of our data blocked on our phones because verizon was charging us when we didn't use it.

What phones does it work on? I went to the website and it doesn't say. We had to have all of our data blocked on our phones because verizon was charging us when we didn't use it.

If you try to purchase the app from the Media store on the Verizon Wireless site, when you get the window that says the app doesn't work on your phone, there is a link that gives a window with the available phones. The Droid isn't on the list. I wonder if I am going to have to downgrade my phone so I can get this app.

I spoke to a live person at VZ Wireless and they didn't know why the app wasn't designed for our phones. They tried to say maybe Disney wanted to limit the phones this was available on. I even said I was thinking about the Droid and then he asked if there were other apps that would do the same thing. When I said the closest thing was on the iPhone and I was thinking about switching to AT&T he said there were 2,000 apps for the Droid. I said the Mobile Magic app was what I wanted and he said he would register my complaint.

Kim

It won't work on any of our 4 phones either.:confused:

I have a Palm Centro smartphone. DH has an LG Voyager, DS #1 has a Samsung model something or other, and DS#2 has an old Motorola Razor.

"This app is not available for your phone"- for every single one of them!!!! :mad:

So who IS it for??

I actually don't believe it exists...:rolleyes1

While I was doing my Sunday chores I started thinking about getting another phone just for this app, and then I realized I was being WAY too obsessive. :lmao: I guess I will have to wait and see if they actually come up with the app for MY phone. HHHMMMM. Maybe we should complain to Disney. After all, this is costing them money.

Kim

Does anyone know who or how to contact disney to complain about this? If enough of us complain maybe they will release a compatible version.

Does anyone know who or how to contact disney to complain about this? If enough of us complain maybe they will release a compatible version.

Maybe we can find the blog that announced the app on the Disney site and try to find an email address for him.

Kim

ETA I posted on the blog with the fact the app doesn't work with the more advanced phones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter