Disney Parks Mobile Magic Apps

wdwowner

Mouseketeer
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...rks-mobile-app-details-screen-shots-unveiled/

Highlights:
Mobile Magic is bringing attraction wait times, FASTPASS return times, extensive information on character locations and more for Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks

here’s been an investment in the backend infrastructure to support Mobile Magic and offer actual wait times based directly on Disney Parks information.

mobile maps are GPS-enabled.

If you are not a Verizon Wireless subscriber, you can still use your mobile phone to access select information via text and on the Disney Parks Mobile Web site.

The one thing the "official" version always lacks is honesty. If I want sugar-coated, I will go straight to the Disney website, no doubt. If I want user-opinions, I come here to the Dis. The wait times will be a good addition but I love the planning aspect of Project X as well as it the iPhone interface of the Dis. Of course, I have an iPhone which right now is only offered to AT&T, not Verizon so I may be a bit biased.

Hmm...let me see. A web app from Disney or the DIS, which would I prefer??

For the record, I have neither verizon or an iPhone.

Cool!!! So there's the Disney option for Verizon smart phone users, and the DIS option for AT&T iPhone users.

Different strengths, different audiences.

Wonder what the price for the Disney app will be? I didn't see that on their site.

I agree that only Disney has access to the data to make the wait-times and FastPass information work well, so it's nice to see them putting that feature into practice.

I'm on the iPhone, so the DIS app is the one that works for me, and I'm looking forward to the new trip planning features and the improved interface to the DISboards.

I'm another who's been to the parks often enough that I don't have much need for the maps, but I can see that being a cool feature for newer travelers on both platforms.

As a Verizon customer this seems like a terrific option. The fastpass and wait times option seem awesome and hopefully they don't stop there!!

They don't have a price yet and they don't seem as close to launching this as the DIS app is. So will have to keep an eye on it.

Wonder how long it'll take Disney to release this for the Iphone? Or if they have any intention to?
Having access to the actual wait times is a great USP and I'd probably buy the app just to have access to accurate times from the palm of my hand whilst in the parks. That's if they ever release it for the Iphone.

I thought their comment policy was quite interesting -
"Thanks for visiting the Disney Parks Blog. We welcome your comments. Please understand that this is a moderated blog. Blog comments will be reviewed prior to posting. As a result, there will be a delay in the posting of comments. Not all comments will be posted. Comments may also be removed after they are posted."

So they pick and choose the comments...can't see them adding any negative comments, can you??? I know they are well within their rights to do as they please, I just found that interesting!

By what I found out from a friend that works at Verizon. It is supposed to be out next month(nov). It is supposed to be a subscription service and cost 9.95 for six months of usage. So you will have 9.95 added to your bill every six months. Sort of like Verizon navigation that charges you 9.99 a month for the service.

Humph......Imagine........someone putting out an app for only one type of service. :rolleyes1
And charging a subscription for it to boot. :confused:
I can't wait for all the negativity towards Disney for such a selfish move. popcorn::

:goodvibes

Humph......Imagine........someone putting out an app for only one type of service. :rolleyes1
I can't wait for all the negativity towards Disney for such a selfish move. popcorn::

Hilarious! Howdy buckaroo! :goodvibes

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am sure there will be a VERY GOOD REASON why this is the PERFECT model when others are not. Can't wait to hear it!

By what I found out from a friend that works at Verizon. It is supposed to be out next month(nov). It is supposed to be a subscription service and cost 9.95 for six months of usage. So you will have 9.95 added to your bill every six months. Sort of like Verizon navigation that charges you 9.99 a month for the service.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am sure there will be a VERY GOOD REASON why this is the PERFECT model when others are not. Can't wait to hear it!

Lets hope, for those that can use this app, that Disney IT was not involved.
Who wants an app that crashes every time you need info? :confused3
Maybe they will include the on-line ADR part as well....that'll help....

Interesting. Any other info on what else the app might do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter