Disney Magic Renovations CONFIRMED

Surprisingly, the interior cabins will NOT be getting the virtual portholes. From and an article on Cruise Critic the designer said they were "Cost prohibitive"

Meghatron said:
But haven't they already been switching out the bedding on the classics for the last year or more?

Not on the Magic. The Wonder received new bedding. It looks like the Magic will be getting the new beds (same/similar to Dream class).

Surprisingly, the interior cabins will NOT be getting the virtual portholes. From and an article on Cruise Critic the designer said they were "Cost prohibitive"

I believe this. We had a choice for a full veranda cheaper than an interior with this. So...we got the veranda, and loved it! and watched the sunrise etc. Can't really compete with that. But its a neat idea, but I doubt people will buy an interior at a higher cost than a veranda? At least, I wouldnt!

changes look great and it is about time they changed those beds and bedspreads. off to check what dates would work for us

Two questions
Does anyone know if they are going to replace those old hair dryers in the bathrooms to regular ones? Any changes to the teen club?

Animator's Palette is the best experience on the ship, really regret they would change that.

I have never been on a classic ship and have always wanted to see the AP show. Glad I am booked on The Wonder next summer. I imagine it will be getting some changes after its dry dock.

I have never been on a classic ship and have always wanted to see the AP show. Glad I am booked on The Wonder next summer. I imagine it will be getting some changes after its dry dock.

We seen both, and love the newer interactive version.

I was wondering the same...

The cost to put up HD cameras and the video monitors on each room is not that expensive. But the renovation part on adding video lines and power to the empty wall could be...

Seriously, we are only looking at 24" screens even if they get a round frame. Not too expensive. The video distribution system is also not that expensive either. But the wiring labor might be.

HD wifi doesn't cut it with metal walls...

So looks like I better hurry up and switch to a secret port hole from my interior then...

We're sailing on a 5 night over Thanksgiving. I've never been on the Magic, just the Dream. Will all dining rotations have 2 nights at Animators Palate or would I have to request that? I'd like to see both "shows". TIA

There still will be the classing color changing show in AP. Just with new screen tech instead of the system they have now.

We're sailing on a 5 night over Thanksgiving. I've never been on the Magic, just the Dream. Will all dining rotations have 2 nights at Animators Palate or would I have to request that? I'd like to see both "shows". TIA

You are right. Maybe the Animation Magic show will be the standard one, while the color "Drawn to Magic" may be additional. They could also do the other show for the final breakfast. I think that would make it so all rotations see both shows.

Haven't seen anything about adding a concierge lounge. That is one of the things we really like about the new ships.

I cruised the Magic in '06 and '09 and the Fantasy last month. While I love the Magic, these changes still make me partial to the Fantasy. Here's my take:

1) So long Parrots Cay

2) glad they are keeping ap black and white because I loved having my drawing come to life, but other than that I prefer ap on the Magic.

3) thank goodness for the new bedding. That was so dated.

4) the new slide looks cool, but no thanks on aquadunk.

5) too bad getting rid of shutters was not part of the overhaul.

I want to go on the Magic now, but we are booked for the Wonder with friends over New Year's this year and Spring Break on the Dream with my oldest daughter. Those we can't change and no way I can afford to add in the Magic between any of that. *sigh*

We are booked on the Dream for New Year's next year. Looked at that and for about $300 more, we could do the Magic instead. It would also be a day longer. But I don't know....it's a surprise trip so I can't ask dd12 what she'd prefer. *sigh*

Does anyone know if there are plans to make the verandah dividers adjustable like they are on the new ships?

ooh last night we decided that WDW was off the plan for us next year and we'd get our mickey fix with a 4 day europe cruise as it would be half the price. Today we're really glad we made that decision. We loved the Magic in 2011 when she came to Europe, really looking forward to seeing the new improvements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter