Disney Magic - May 8, 2016 Western Caribbean

We are looking for FE as well
It appears that there is no Fish Extender group set up here on DISboards. There may be other sites that have FE groups, but they are not DISboards connected, and links or search directions to those are not allowed.

I posted some information on "how to" set up a FE group, if anyone is interested. Post #16.

Have fun.

It appears that no one here on DISboards has started a Fish Extender list for your cruise. There may be other sites that have FE groups, but they are not DISboards connected.

A little information if someone wants to take up the baton:

SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

Has anyone started the FE yet? I will step up to get it started! Who wants to join? I'll set it up this evening!

Hi, My family and I just booked this cruise. I know we are pretty late for booking, but we got lucky! Is there a private group for this cruise?

It will be me, my husband and my 5 year old daughter traveling together. This is our first Disney cruise and our first cruise with my daughter.

We just booked as well and this is our first cruise with our little ones also.

This is going to be our first cruise ever. It's our honeymoon! Also bringing our 4 year old son. Did the FE group ever get started? I looked for 2+ hours and couldn't find one anywhere.

I would be interested! Thanks Jana
My daughter and I would be interested in joining the FE. We already have a lot of gifts bought. My daughter is 23 but has Asperger's disorder. She is more like a 12-13 year old child. She is very excited about the Disney cruise and the FE. I hope we meet people who can understand her. SEE YOU ALL SOON!!!!

Would also like to join FE group

I would be interested! Thanks Jana

Hi Jana, our family would be interested in joining the FE group. We are first time cruisers.

Did the FE group ever get started?

My daughter and I would be interested in joining the FE.

I don't know for sure that it got started. @Jana Hatok said:

Has anyone started the FE yet? I will step up to get it started! Who wants to join? I'll set it up this evening!

But she's not been back on the bords since then (Apr 3). Maybe someone else will need to get things going? I posted info in post #16 (first page) on how to set up a group.

I haven't been able to find an FE group for this cruise yet. I know some families are interested in this happening so I will start the group. Because it is our first cruise and I've never organized an FE group before, not to mention we are only 21 days out from sailing(yea!!), I would like to limit the group to 15 families. The first 14 responses I receive to this thread will be included in group. Please let me know room number, number of adults and children in family and any allergies. If you are ok with me posting a list on this forum I will have it ready by the end of the week. So if you would like to join you have from tonite until Thursday nite to let me know. As I stated before the first 14 responses I get will be included. Looking forward to hearing from you!! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:tinker:

I haven't been able to find an FE group for this cruise yet. I know some families are interested in this happening so I will start the group. Because it is our first cruise and I've never organized an FE group before, not to mention we are only 21 days out from sailing(yea!!), I would like to limit the group to 15 families. The first 14 responses I receive to this thread will be included in group. Please let me know room number, number of adults and children in family and any allergies. If you are ok with me posting a list on this forum I will have it ready by the end of the week. So if you would like to join you have from tonite until Thursday nite to let me know. As I stated before the first 14 responses I get will be included. Looking forward to hearing from you!! ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:tinker:
Just as a note, you can post the list in a conversation. Those are private to whoever you invite into the conversation. Up to 20 participants can be in one conversation. Another note, to participate in a conversation, you (the general "you" not the specific "you") must have at least 10 posts here on DISboards.

Just as a note, you can post the list in a conversation. Those are private to whoever you invite into the conversation. Up to 20 participants can be in one conversation. Another note, to participate in a conversation, you (the general "you" not the specific "you") must have at least 10 posts here on DISboards.
That means who ever I invite must also have 10 posts also correct?

Okay, so I feel stupid and I have less than 3 weeks until my wedding and honeymoon, so I think stress has effected my brain. Do we post here or how do we get into a conversation for the FE group. I know time is ticking and I don 't want to miss out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter