Disney Magic - May 8, 2016 Western Caribbean

Woohoo!! Can't wait to get back on the Magic. My last two cruises were on the Fantasy. This will be our first time cruising as Gold Castaway Clubbers'

We are 90% sure we are taking this cruise. We were so stoked when we found out that BBB is going to be on Deck 10! Love DCL! This will be our first cruise on the Magic.:mickeyjum

We just booked yesterday! It will be my family of 4 and my sister 's family of 3. Can't wait! This will be our second Disney cruise and second time on the reimagined Magic.

Hey guys a first time cruiser family here, has anyone started a Fish Extender group yet, we defiantly want in :)

Hi Everyone! :wave2:We will be on this cruise now! It will be myself, my DH, & our DD10princess:. This is our 2nd Disney cruise but first on the Magic.I'm excited this cruise has so many Port days! We are definitely interested in partcipating in a FE! :ccat:

My husband Joel and I will be going as well! Celebrating a milestone birthday, I cannot believe I will be turning 50 when I feel only 30. I hope some of you will help me celebrate my bday Thank you!

has anyone started a Fish Extender group yet, we defiantly want in

We are definitely interested in partcipating in a FE

Has anyone started a FE group yet.?
It appears that no one here on DISboards has started a Fish Extender list for your cruise. There may be other sites that have FE groups, but they are not DISboards connected.

A little information if someone wants to take up the baton:

SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

My family and I will be on this cruise. We are coming from Seattle and will be sailing in stateroom 6571. Im traveling with my DW, DS10, DS13-14 (Birthday), DGM, DGF, and DF. Done a few Disney cruises in the past. Excited to see Key West.
Look forward to seeing you all on board.
MRIPA

Hi, My family and I just booked this cruise. I know we are pretty late for booking, but we got lucky! Is there a private group for this cruise?

It will be me, my husband and my 5 year old daughter traveling together. This is our first Disney cruise and our first cruise with my daughter.

We just booked!!!! so excited. We will be a family of 4 (mom dad and 2 boys age 6.5 and 3.5) so much to do in so little time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter