• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic - July 6, 2016 Northern Europe

Anastasia Travel has set up this potential itinerary for us. Looking for others who might be interested in the same tour. Contact Katherine at Anastasia with your interest.

8:30-9:00 exit thru passport control
9-10:30 city tour including Tchaikovsky's grave site
10:30-11:30 drive to Pushkin
11:30-1:00 visit Catherine's Palace and Amber Room
1:00-2:00 drive to Peterhof
2:00-3:30 tour around Peterhof Fountain park (no visit inside)
3:30-4:00 hydrofoil trip to downtown
4:15-6:00 visit Hermitage
6:15-6:45 visit Church of the Spilled Blood
6:45-8:30 evening folk show or canal boat trip (we will take the canal tour but you can choose)
9:00 back to ship

That's an excellent trip.

I'm late to the thread, but traveling with DH, DS-9 And DD-13. The DS will turn 10 when we dock in Sweden, so any advice on making his day special since we are not at home would be helpful. Also, I'm interested in the fish extender list.

Name: Camille
# adults: 2
# children: 2 (DD 12, DS 9)
Email: camcol24@hotmail.com

This is our 5th cruise, but first in Europe.

I'm late to the thread, but traveling with DH, DS-9 And DD-13. The DS will turn 10 when we dock in Sweden, so any advice on making his day special since we are not at home would be helpful. Also, I'm interested in the fish extender list.

Name: Camille
# adults: 2
# children: 2 (DD 12, DS 9)
Email: camcol24@hotmail.com

This is our 5th cruise, but first in Europe.
Welcome to the group, has anyone contacted you yet about the FE list?
If not I will send you an email.

We are looking forward to joining all of you on this great cruise. We will be visiting DLP for 2 days prior to sailing to celebrate my 60th birthday and the cruise will be a celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We are interested in alternatives for excursions in St. Petersburg and have been reading these recent posts.

Hi KDG! Sorry to be a lurker dropping in on someone else's upcoming meet and greet folks - I just booked an opening day 7 Night Northern European for June 2017 and I'm already trying to get some ideas to plan the trip. Since we are only doing a 7 night cruise I am looking for ideas on how to spend more time in Europe before/after the cruise and find your post interesting that you plan to spend time in Disneyland Paris. My kids would love that idea! But would you mind me asking how you will make that work logistically such as where are you flying in/out of and how you are getting up to Copenhagen from DLP? Wish you all great trips this summer!

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,
We are flying on Icelandair from Denver to Reykjavik and then on to Paris. We will leave baggage at the airport and take a train into Paris to spend the rest of the day, then go back to the airport, retrieve baggage and take the TGV train directly to DLP (a 10 minute trip). We will stay on property for a day and a half, then take the TGV back to CDG to catch a flight to Copenhagen. There are several flights per day to choose from. We looked into taking a train but couldn't find reasonable connections. You could also rent a car.

I've been to Paris before and if you have the time, I would certainly recommend you spend a few extra days visiting the beautiful sites of Paris. I'd also recommend the website Allears.net. There is an article written by Michael A. Walsh who took a very similar trip and wrote a couple of articles on his trip to London and Paris (including DLP) as well as the Northern Europe cruise itself.

Hope this helps!

http://allears.net/ae/issue842.htm
http://allears.net/ae/issue847.htm

Ok so it is official. I had my first "Packing" dream last night, where I forgot to pack certain items and we were way over our weight limit. Only means we are getting closer...of course the first thing I did when I woke up was check the airline to verify the amount of luggage/weight we are allowed to bring. I think I am going to "pre-buy" one more piece allowed....Does anyone else have these crazy dreams, or am I just crazy?

Ok so it is official. I had my first "Packing" dream last night, where I forgot to pack certain items and we were way over our weight limit. Only means we are getting closer...of course the first thing I did when I woke up was check the airline to verify the amount of luggage/weight we are allowed to bring. I think I am going to "pre-buy" one more piece allowed....Does anyone else have these crazy dreams, or am I just crazy?

Just shows you are getting really excited :)

Can anyone tell me what excursions might already be sold out in St. Petersburg? I'm a lowly silver cruiser and can't book until next week. Also wondering if there are any private minibuses still available...would appreciate any help! Thanks!

They are sold out :( But I did book a private tour with an outside company.

Hello!
We are so excited to find this group and would love to join the fish extender group. I am not sure how to do a PM (Is that on Facebook or on this board?) so here is our basic info. Please let me know how to get you more info like our room number, ages of the kids, etc. Thanks so much!

*** JOIN THE FISH EXTENDER LIST ***
Name: Koste Family
Number of adults: 2
Number of kids: 2
Email: lisakoste@gmail.com

I would like to participate as well but am finding PMing more complicated than initially thought :)

Just booked Norwegian Air from JFK-CPH for the cruise. Flying out of JFK isn't exactly the closest, but the price could not be beat. With the money we save, we can easily get a car service to take us to and from the airport.

Awesome! sounds like a great plan

*** ADD US TO THE FISH EXTENDER LIST ***

Name: Leslie
Email: lmossm@yahoo.com

Am working on PMing but it is proving difficult. Thanks so much for coordinating all of this activity!!

That is funny, the areas you would like to visit are the areas we wanted to go, but I could not coordinate the DCL excursions to go everywhere. Below is our itinerary with Anastasia:

8:30-9:30 - exit ship (depends on actual port arrival time)
9:30-11:00 City Tour
11:00-12:00 Drive to Pushkin (Tzar's Village)
12:00-2:00 Catherine's Palace and Amber Room
2:00-3:00 Drive to Peterhoff
3:00-5:00 Peterhoff Fountain Park
5:00-5:30 Hydrofoil boat trip
5:45-7:45 Hermitage
8:00-8:30 Savior of the Split Blood Church
9:00 Back to the Ship

The DCL Minibus is still available. It holds up to 16 people for $2200. This cost DOES NOT include the entrance fees for any of the places you go to, so make sure you take that into consideration as well.

Thanks!! This was very helpful

Name: Leslie
Email: lmossm@yahoo.com

Am working on PMing but it is proving difficult. Thanks so much for coordinating all of this activity!!
I just sent you an email to get you set up for the fish extenders. Glad to have you a part of our group!

Does anyone know if you can exchange $ for rubles at guest services onboard? If so, are there any exchange fees?

Hi I'm new to the thread, but with school winding down am finally able to work on the cruise. This is my 10th Disney Cruise and 3rd to Europe. I have not done this itinerary, so I am greatly looking forward to it. I will be traveling with a family of 11. We have 3 cabins so I am hoping to add all of us to the Fish Extender List. My information is as follows:

CABIN 1 - 2628

Name: Dione and Rick
Number of kids: 3
Email: dionecolon@msn.com

CABIN 2 - 2632

Name: George Jr.
Number of adults: 1

CABIN 3 - 2630

Name: Geaorge and Arlaen
Number of kids: 0

Thanks in advance for adding us!!

Dione

Hi I'm new to the thread, but with school winding down am finally able to work on the cruise. This is my 10th Disney Cruise and 3rd to Europe. I have not done this itinerary, so I am greatly looking forward to it. I will be traveling with a family of 11. We have 3 cabins so I am hoping to add all of us to the Fish Extender List. My information is as follows:

CABIN 1 - 2628

Name: Dione and Rick

CABIN 2 - 2632

Name: George Jr.
Number of adults: 1

CABIN 3 - 2630

Name: Geaorge and Arlaen
Number of kids: 0

Thanks in advance for adding us!!

Dione
Wow! That is a lot of cruises. You seem to stay with the classic ships, is that because of the itineraries or because you like the smaller ships? I sent you an email about the FE list. Hopefully it went through to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter