Disney Magic January 27, 2014

Thanks Jan for your quick response about dining rotation.

I have another question for you veterans;
I (Frank) like to have my wine at dinner. Is it cheaper to bring my own wine onboard or should I go for the wine package ($111 for 4 nights).
I understand there is a corking fee ($20) plus the price I pay for my wine if I bring my own bottle to dinner. What do you veterans suggest?

I've searched online and I get a mix of conflicting comments.

Anyone travel with kids with food allergies (milk, soy & fish) and what was your experience on the cruise. I know at the parks they are amazing with us.

I have called guest services to check on a few food items that my son eats. Hoping since they do it at the parks they can do it on the cruise.

Thanks,
N

Sorry another question

Online check-in;
We are still in the process of getting passports for our children at the moment (very lengthy process here in Canada for first time passports for children)
We are able to do online check-in on Nov 13th but fear the passports will not be ready in time.
Can we use the children's Birth certificates in the meantime for online check-in?

Thanks Jan for your quick response about dining rotation.

I have another question for you veterans;
I (Frank) like to have my wine at dinner. Is it cheaper to bring my own wine onboard or should I go for the wine package ($111 for 4 nights).
I understand there is a corking fee ($20) plus the price I pay for my wine if I bring my own bottle to dinner. What do you veterans suggest?

I've searched online and I get a mix of conflicting comments.

Frank, As I understand it, there is the $20 corking fee but no charge for the bottle of wine you bring. If you need a link to the list of wine in the wine packages, let me know and I can find it for you. I'm thinking, too, that with the $20 corking fee there may be an auto gratuity of 15% added. So, for four nights, it's a minimum of $80 for the corking fee. Also, I like wine but it takes me usually the length of a cruise to finish it, and have others help me, as I have about 1/2 glass each evening. The opened bottle of wine follows me to each dining room, including Palo if I want to drink some there. Frank, you can always bring your own corkscrew and have a drink before and after dinner! I have read on these boards that the room servers will bring guests corkscrews, glasses and ice for the "refrigerator" to keep wine colder.

Jan

Sorry another question

Online check-in;
We are still in the process of getting passports for our children at the moment (very lengthy process here in Canada for first time passports for children)
We are able to do online check-in on Nov 13th but fear the passports will not be ready in time.
Can we use the children's Birth certificates in the meantime for online check-in?

It's not a problem not having passport info at time of check in. When you get the passports, contact DCL or your TA and provide the info. I don't know if there is even a question about birth certificate info for kids for online check in.

Jan

Anyone travel with kids with food allergies (milk, soy & fish) and what was your experience on the cruise. I know at the parks they are amazing with us.

I have called guest services to check on a few food items that my son eats. Hoping since they do it at the parks they can do it on the cruise.

Thanks,
N

Nanette, the DCL chefs and other food service CMs are amazing when it comes to guests' allergies. Your head server will work with you regarding this issue. Check on the DCL website for the form to fill out regarding allergies. My grandson is a Type I diabetic and his dad is a Type I and gluten free. The staff was so accommodating. They went over and above!

Jan

My niece has peanut/tree nut allergies and the dining staff was great to work with. I think you'll find the same attention to detail that you see in the parks. Be sure that you or your TA calls DCL to note the food allergies on your reservation. Then on embarkation day, you can meet with dining staff if you have any questions. I believe we met with them where they were taking Palo/Remy reservations on Dream. You can ask a CM or check the Navigator when you board the ship.

As for the corkage fee, you may or may not be charged it. I think it just depends on the server. If not, yay bonus and extra gratuity :) But I don't know of any way to 100% prevent being charged a corkage fee except for uncorking in your cabin. But it's really nice that your wine will follow you to your next dining room if you don't finish it, no matter where you bought it.

I'm excited for the Captain America meet & greet!

We'll be on this cruise as well!!! My first (and only) cruise experience was back in 2002 for my honeymoon cruise (4 nights at the Wonder). Now, after over a decade, we'll be going back, this time the family grew :grouphug: - me, DW, DD (10) and DD (4)

Family name: Jandorno
Family:
husband (Flavio),
wife (Mireillie),
daughter (Giovanna, age 10)
daughter (Maria Clara, age 4)
:dance3:

Stateroom: 1058 (any thoughts on being on deck 1?)
:beach:

We'll be on this cruise as well!!! My first (and only) cruise experience was back in 2002 for my honeymoon cruise (4 nights at the Wonder). Now, after over a decade, we'll be going back, this time the family grew :grouphug: - me, DW, DD (10) and DD (4)

Family name: Jandorno
Family:
husband (Flavio),
wife (Mireillie),
daughter (Giovanna, age 10)
daughter (Maria Clara, age 4)
:dance3:

Stateroom: 1058 (any thoughts on being on deck 1?)
:beach:

Welcome to you and your family!

I have no personal experience being on deck 1, but I've read reports on the board that people like it. I know a room host who is often assigned to deck 1 on the Magic, his name is Jonathan, if you are fortunate to have him as your room host.

Jan

Thanks again, I spoke with Guest Services and they have the food my little one likes:cheer2: (very picky eater).

My question, my DH and I would love to take one night have and have dinner at Palo for a few hours. Since this is our first Cruise we do not want to miss any of the rotational dining. Which night is the best day and time to book Palo?

Thanks,
N

:thanks:

They always reserve some palo reservations for when people get on the cruise. Once you get your keys to the world it has your dining rotation on it, so you would know which day the rotation was the same. You can then go book palo. They have a specific room set up when you first arrive on the ship.

Hi All -
Happy Friday! Can you believe we only have 11 or so more weeks until our cruise....YEAH!!!!!
I am looking at the FE list and will be posting it soon. If you have not yet sent or posted me your family info please do and we will be sure to get the spreadsheet uploaded this weekend.

What we'll need:
Family Name
Individual Names (ages for the children please)
Cabin #
Any pertinent information ie. celebrating birthday, anniversary, favorite character etc.....

Have a fabulous and MAGICAL Weekend all!!
Colleen R:cool1:

Thanks again, I spoke with Guest Services
My question, my DH and I would love to take one night have and have dinner at Palo for a few hours. Since this is our first Cruise we do not want to miss any of the rotational dining. Which night is the best day and time to book Palo?

Thanks,
N

:thanks:

I believe there are actually 4 different menus for our cruise. You will get the 3 regular rotations, plus one night of pirate night (so a repeat of one of the restaurants, but a different menu). So my understanding was that in order to do a dinner at Palo, you'd have to miss one of the 4 different menus.

We tried to book brunch at Palo since this is our first cruise and we didn't want to miss any of the dinners, but it looks as though it's only offered on one day and it was full when I checked in last night. I understand we might be able to get reservations when we board, but we'll probably just skip it this time and enjoy the time with our family.

I believe there are actually 4 different menus for our cruise. You will get the 3 regular rotations, plus one night of pirate night (so a repeat of one of the restaurants, but a different menu). So my understanding was that in order to do a dinner at Palo, you'd have to miss one of the 4 different menus.

We tried to book brunch at Palo since this is our first cruise and we didn't want to miss any of the dinners, but it looks as though it's only offered on one day and it was full when I checked in last night. I understand we might be able to get reservations when we board, but we'll probably just skip it this time and enjoy the time with our family.

Don't give up on missing Palo for either brunch or dinner! The Navigator you receive when you check in at port will list the place and time to make MDR and Palo changes/reservations. If for some reason, Palo is booked, you can be put on a wait list. Cancellations, once on board do happen.

Jan

Good Morning all

We just booked Castaway Cay for our wedding on this cruise... super super happy now!!!!:dance3:

What a great location for your wedding! :) Do you have your choice of locations on CC? Mine would be the Heads Up Bar - great views, including the ship. Heads Up Bar is my favorite bar in the whole wide world!!!

Jan

I have a question about Nassau,
I had my honeymoon there back in 2000 and don't care much for any of the excursions. My question is, how close is the ship docked to Atlantis? We would like to show our 2 boys (8&11) the area and knowing it is a safe tourist area to look around. Just don't want to be wandering around other areas with 2 small children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter