Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

Can't believe how close the cruise is!!! :)
We are getting so excited!

Question for everyone... does anyone have any suggestions for things to do, restaurants or stores to visit near the George Bush airport?

We are flying in 2 days early and staying at the marriott at the airport and were hoping someone might be able to suggest some things to do in the area... it will be our first time in Texas!!!! ;)

There are such fun things in Galveston to do like moody gardens, tour a submarine and battleship and the paradise pier would you consider staying in Galveston instead? That's my suggestion. Plus the beach is there too.

Are there any other non-sun people out there? I will be very limited at CC because I am extremely sensitive to the sun. I have a long sleeve swim shirt and swim tights (which my sister lovingly refers to as my swim burqa) so I can go out a little. But...Sun=bad.

My nick name is Drac. I'm definitely not a fan of the sun but a large part of it comes from my eyes, which are naturally photo-phobic and have been made worse by cataract surgeries and secondary cataracts.

Since Amy can't swim CC isn't a big thing for us. We plan to sleep late, take a lazy stroll to see the lovely flowers, grab lunch at Serenity Bay and than head back to the ship. May come out every so often for character photos. The 5K is tempting since I do run for the Navy but as I've gotten older my legs like the running less and less and I definitely don't want to be sore when we get to WDW.

Jim

I think you just show up at a specified location on the island? I couldn't find anything on the DCL website that was specific. My husband was thinking about running it. I do know you get something in the end. Check with Guest Services.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to seriously consider this! I haven't trained in several months but I can at least walk it!

Just finished my FE gifts, all 55 of them (I have extras) I didn't anticipate how they would screw up my sewing machine so I had to do the last five by hand *chuckle* Just need to print the tags, put them on and pack them!! :dance:

My FE itself is just about ready to put together. It's almost all decorated. :)

Just finished my FE gifts, all 55 of them (I have extras) I didn't anticipate how they would screw up my sewing machine so I had to do the last five by hand *chuckle* Just need to print the tags, put them on and pack them!! :dance:

My FE itself is just about ready to put together. It's almost all decorated. :)

Hi! I just booked for the May 10 cruise this morning! Is it too late to join a FE group?

Hi Everyone! We just booked our spots on the May 10 cruise aboard the Magic! This is the first ever Disney Cruise for me, my husband, and our 3 yr old daughter! Thank you DCL for the military cruise pricing! :yay:

Is it too late to add our names to the FE Gift Exchange list? I understand if it is. I know everyone has worked hard to put their gifts together. We are just hoping to make this experience as fun and memorable as possible! Thanks

Britt

Hi Everyone! We just booked our spots on the May 10 cruise aboard the Magic! This is the first ever Disney Cruise for me, my husband, and our 3 yr old daughter! Thank you DCL for the military cruise pricing! :yay:

Is it too late to add our names to the FE Gift Exchange list? I understand if it is. I know everyone has worked hard to put their gifts together. We are just hoping to make this experience as fun and memorable as possible! Thanks

Britt

Welcome! This is our 2nd Disney cruise and our DD will be celebrating her 3rd b-day on board!:cool1:

Finished my FE gifts yesterday! Just checked to see if any of the cabin number had changed, and I realized I need to have my original list which is at work - oh well it is early!

The late entries list is really growing fast!

16 DAYS!!!
:jumping1:

Looks like there are quite a few military coming along. Who are we all?

I'm a Navy Reservist, an E6 (ET1) with 18.

I see one person is retired/retiring and another celebrating getting home.

Jim

GArriola said:
Thanks for the info! I'll have to seriously consider this! I haven't trained in several months but I can at least walk it!

I heard that they put the details of when/where for the 5k on the navigator for that day. I found a thread here on the boards about it, I need to find it again and post the link.

Gennie

Book reservations at Hotel Galvez which allows you to park at the hotel and gives complimentary shuttle service to and from terminal. A great way to start.

16 days 2 hours 19 minutes and 1.. seconds and counting

Tim and Amy

I'm glad some of you found the late entry sheet for FE. I think we are closing it tomorrow to give us all at least two weekends before the trip. So you all just made it! :)

Thanks for the info on the 5k! The more I think about it the more I want to do it. Anyone else plan to do the 5k... walking? hehe

We have a reservation for Thursday night at the Tremont House. It's a sister property of the Hotel Galvez. The cost is less for our crew, so you might check the prices. They said we will get a voucher for parking at Hotel Galvez. So we won't have to pay and can take advantage of the shuttle and free parking there.

Looks like there are quite a few military coming along. Who are we all?

I'm a Navy Reservist, an E6 (ET1) with 18.

I see one person is retired/retiring and another celebrating getting home.

Jim

My husband was a Marine for 10 years (E6). He always thanks the Navy for the ride they give the Marines! Looking forward to meeting everyone. It will be here before we know it.

I'm so ready for this vacation! Off to ENT with DD to have ears rechecked! I really hope the ears look good because we don't need ear problems when flying or on the cruise!

We're in the B group for FE and signed up for kids only...I thought it was pretty obvious that meant we really didn't need anything for the adults, but would really appreciate gifts for our two girls. After reading some threads about FEs, I realized it might be taken as we are only GIVING gifts to kids. Just want to clarify that is not the case.

I'm sure it's not an issue, but just wanted to throw that out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter