Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

We are thinking of booking this cruise. We leave Friday on a 4 day cruise on the Magic out of Galveston with our two granddaughters. I am going to probably book while onboard. I am reading the posts to catch up. We will let you know when we get back from this cruise. Sherry:banana:

Welcome kglynnek! Sherry, have a great time on your cruise!

I wonder if our ship has space since people moved to the KSF cruises? While I'd love that promotion (we enjoyed it on a Mexican Riveria DCL cruise), it wouldn't really help us this time because we booked adjoining staterooms for our family of 5. I've heard that you must have 2 adults booked to a room for the KSF discount.

It's been a lot of fun to read about the experiences from those who just completed our identical cruise. Can't wait for it to be us!:beach:

Zandersmom said:
Welcome kglynnek! Sherry, have a great time on your cruise!

I wonder if our ship has space since people moved to the KSF cruises? While I'd love that promotion (we enjoyed it on a Mexican Riveria DCL cruise), it wouldn't really help us this time because we booked adjoining staterooms for our family of 5. I've heard that you must have 2 adults booked to a room for the KSF discount.

It's been a lot of fun to read about the experiences from those who just completed our identical cruise. Can't wait for it to be us!:beach:

I bet you're on to something here!

Has anyone heard if we are going to be moved to the Wonder boat? My cousin just returned from the same cruise we are all going on & said their server informed him that the may cruises were getting the Wonder out of Galveston. They were sending the Magic to Europe! That would be a fun cruise too! We'll just cruise on over to Europe with the boat!!!! (Jk).

Just "wondered" if anyone had heard anything on that! :)

Becky

Hi Becky,
As it's scheduled now, we are the last cruise out of Texas for the Spring, then on to Europe! Then the Wonder will be coming in the Fall. They could always surprise us though, and the Wonder is a beautiful ship!
Have a great night!

I see a May 20th cruise on Wonder out of LA to Vancouver as she is doing Alaska this summer, so not sure Wonder will be coming here until the fall. But then again stranger things have happened.

OhioInlanders said:
Extra Magic Hours won't help us since we're not staying on the resort ;)

Our sailing doesn't look very full yet given all the categories you can still book. I wonder if DCL will announce a discount after the 75 day mark to try to fill the ship a bit more.

We may risk it and cancel 76 days out and re book closer to 70 days once the possible discount is or is not announced. Anyone else thinking about playing this game?

We too were considering this but just not sure.....haven't seen the cheaper rates for end of march or April due to KSF I'm sure, but would be sad if they showed up and I lost out...however, we have an inside sideways cabin booked on deck 6 and I'm skeptical to let it go.....waiting to see what my friend gets for her March 2 cruise via the IGT rate. Also, I would only consider the VGT ($500 savings over my inside) yet it is a gamble as too where the cabin is located....so many variables.......let me know whAt you decide to do as final payment is getting closer......thanks!

Oh any any other opinions on this appreciated!

I'm looking at the navigators posted from the first 8 night WDW itineary out of Galveston. Looks like they stayed late in Port Canveral - all aboard time was 1:45 am! Some other interesting things to know about WDW day - you must be in the terminal to clear customs by 9:30am & the first motoroach back to the ship is 3pm, the last is 9:45pm.

Link to the navigators compliments of HippoHappy:
http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/u...igators?&_suid=135955311753202377409660786406

password - disfriends

Also found 3 dining rotations for our cruise are posted as well:

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP

I'm looking at the navigators posted from the first 8 night WDW itineary out of Galveston. Looks like they stayed late in Port Canveral - all aboard time was 1:45 am! Some other interesting things to know about WDW day - you must be in the terminal to clear customs by 9:30am & the first motoroach back to the ship is 3pm, the last is 9:45pm.

http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/us...ary/Navigators

password - disfriends

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP

couldnt get the link to work, tried hippohappy as name and disfriends as password to sign in , no luck either.

http://s1263.beta.photobucket.com/us...ary/Navigators

password - disfriends

1) LAAPOAPL
2) APPLOPLA
3) PLLAOLAP

O is the WDW day and I finally found the dining options given on the 1/18 sailing for that evening:

Lumieres (open seating) 6:00pm-9:00pm
Parrot Cay (buffet) 6:30pm-9:30pm
Topsiders (buffet) 9:00pm-12:30pm
Pinocchio’s Pizzeria 7:00pm-1:00am

We too were considering this but just not sure.....haven't seen the cheaper rates for end of march or April due to KSF I'm sure, but would be sad if they showed up and I lost out...however, we have an inside sideways cabin booked on deck 6 and I'm skeptical to let it go.....waiting to see what my friend gets for her March 2 cruise via the IGT rate. Also, I would only consider the VGT ($500 savings over my inside) yet it is a gamble as too where the cabin is located....so many variables.......let me know whAt you decide to do as final payment is getting closer......thanks!

We booked Cat. 11B several months ago because IGT was not available and with the thought that as the ship filled up DCL might offer us an upgrade at a reduced price.

Since there remain about 4 - 6 cabins in Cat. 11B, and since there remain that many cabins in several other inside and ocean view cabins and since KSF would work great for us, and since we're not too concerned about cabin location (as long as we are onboard the ship), I think the risk of gaining a $1,200 savings vs. paying an extra $400 is worth it.

So we're going to take the risk and cancel our current booking. Then watch for special offers and watch how the ship is filling up everyday, and then re-book and pay-in full within the 75 day mark.:surfweb:

This strategy makes me nervous and I am not generally a risk taker, but weighing the risk vs. the reward, for us this plan makes sense.

--Adam :rolleyes1

Hi Becca!

This will be our first Disney family cruise, and we are interested in participating in the FE.

Our room number is 8546.

We are:
(DD) Antonio
(DM) Larra
(DS) Nicholas (3)
(DD) Sophia (7 months)

Yay!!! We are so excited!!! :woohoo:

OhioInlanders said:
We booked Cat. 11B several months ago because IGT was not available and with the thought that as the ship filled up DCL might offer us an upgrade at a reduced price.

Since there remain about 4 - 6 cabins in Cat. 11B, and since there remain that many cabins in several other inside and ocean view cabins and since KSF would work great for us, and since we're not too concerned about cabin location (as long as we are onboard the ship), I think the risk of gaining a $1,200 savings vs. paying an extra $400 is worth it.

So we're going to take the risk and cancel our current booking. Then watch for special offers and watch how the ship is filling up everyday, and then re-book and pay-in full within the 75 day mark.:surfweb:

This strategy makes me nervous and I am not generally a risk taker, but weighing the risk vs. the reward, for us this plan makes sense.

--Adam :rolleyes1

I wish you all the luck :) hope it works out, I am still Leary as I don't see any other 8 day cruise with the rates now and the cat I have is priced $200/$300 higher......but man what a sweet deal it will be if those IGT rates do pop up! Decisions decisions

Hello Friends on the May 10th Cruise!
I was glad to add a couple more families to our FE list, which you can view at this link-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkIxIiMtjoLedHZ5S2lObHhjWDlxZVQ5MWhPNnoxT0E&usp=sharing
If you would like to join the fun, please PM or email me at becca.zpack@gmail.com.

Can't believe it's only a little more than 3 months away. Looking forward to our reservation window opening up soon! I have been enjoying the Navigators that were shared and hope you are too! :thumbsup2

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and we would like to particpate in the fish extender list.

Keith - DH
Wendy - DM
Ava - DD (turns 3 on 5/11/13)

Cabine # 6154

We are all so excisted about this cruise.

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise and we would like to particpate in the fish extender list.

Keith - DH
Wendy - DM
Ava - DD (turns 3 on 5/11/13)

Cabine # 6154

We are all so excisted about this cruise.

You're all set on the FE list. Hooray for another cruise birthday! party:
We are all going to have such a great time. Personally, I think it's a perfect itinerary for relaxation and fun....just 95 more days to go! :drive:

Sitting in the terminal waiting to board the Magic.... Fog delay so.... Might get on by 2:00. One thing good in May No Fog!!! I hope!

I saw that weather alert this morning. I believe this is the 2nd time in a month they have arrived late due to fog. I think you are right that by May the risk of fog will be very small.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Bon voyage.

We pulled up to port at 11:00 and the ship was here but they told us to come back in 2 hours. So we went to the Disney store. Haha
We did receive an email but we had already left home. I could have slept in. Grrr they didn't contact us till after 10.00 this morning and our boarding time was 11:00.
People are getting anxious and I'm just really hungry!

wajones2 said:
I saw that weather alert this morning. I believe this is the 2nd time in a month they have arrived late due to fog. I think you are right that by May the risk of fog will be very small.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return. Bon voyage.

Thanks I'll let you know what else happens!!! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter