Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

We booked Cat. 11B several months ago because IGT was not available and with the thought that as the ship filled up DCL might offer us an upgrade at a reduced price.

Since there remain about 4 - 6 cabins in Cat. 11B, and since there remain that many cabins in several other inside and ocean view cabins and since KSF would work great for us, and since we're not too concerned about cabin location (as long as we are onboard the ship), I think the risk of gaining a $1,200 savings vs. paying an extra $400 is worth it.

So we're going to take the risk and cancel our current booking. Then watch for special offers and watch how the ship is filling up everyday, and then re-book and pay-in full within the 75 day mark.:surfweb:

This strategy makes me nervous and I am not generally a risk taker, but weighing the risk vs. the reward, for us this plan makes sense.

--Adam :rolleyes1

curious, did you cancel?? i am still considering it, but i can make reservations the 9th if i PIF by then, so I am torn. Do you happen to recall the IGT rates on the other galveston 8 day cruises?? the price i mean? i was thinking something like $1650?? but I cannot remember and I didnt write it down.

curious, did you cancel?? i am still considering it, but i can make reservations the 9th if i PIF by then, so I am torn. Do you happen to recall the IGT rates on the other galveston 8 day cruises?? the price i mean? i was thinking something like $1650?? but I cannot remember and I didn't write it down.

For the 2/15 and 3/1 cruises, IGTs were going for $698/pp [OGTs for $798; VGTs for $898]. IGTs haven't been offered yet on any of the other 8-nt Bahamian cruises, but I believe that all 6 categories of inside cabins (10A-C & 11A-C) are still available at least for May The Royals and 2-bdrm suites are booked. I don't know how up-to-date these figures are, but there seems to be cabins in most categories available for the May cruise.

curious, did you cancel?? i am still considering it, but i can make reservations the 9th if i PIF by then, so I am torn. Do you happen to recall the IGT rates on the other galveston 8 day cruises?? the price i mean? i was thinking something like $1650?? but I cannot remember and I didnt write it down.

Hi s232271,

After an extensive discussion with my TA last night, I didn't do it. I have a good price right now, and she is pretty sure that if the better rates are offered, she can re-book us at the new rate even if we are within the 75 day period.

For now the strategy remains "wait and see" and make the TA do all the hard work if a discount is offered.

Based on info posted above by others, I have created the chart below to help visualize dinner rotation and attire.

Day Night Rotation 1 Rotation 2 Rotation 3 Attire
Fri 1 L A P Casual
Sat 2 A P L Formal
Sun 3 A P L Casual
Mon 4 P L A Casual
Tue 5 O O O Open
Wed 6 A P L Pirate
Thu 7 P L A Semi
Fri 8 L A P Casual

Note: the chart looks better in excel ;)

I am leaning towards Rotation 3, but the family has not yet weighed in. Which do you prefer?

OhioInlanders - love the chart! I was attempting to do something similar using a print out of "Your Cruise At a Glance" that was posted, but I like yours better. Much easier to see how it shakes out for the week on all 3 rotations.

Hi s232271,

After an extensive discussion with my TA last night, I didn't do it. I have a good price right now, and she is pretty sure that if the better rates are offered, she can re-book us at the new rate even if we are within the 75 day period.

For now the strategy remains "wait and see" and make the TA do all the hard work if a discount is offered.

call me crazy , but i spent hours, :surfweb:, lookiing at what is left for inside cabins and there are 94 empty inside cabins and tons of ocean view.....havent made it to check balcony's yet.....so I am thinking now they might need to put those GT rates out there to fill the ship! JUST my opinion.....but the ship is pretty empty from looking at the deck plans and highlighting the available inside/oceanview rooms alone.

lovetotraveltx,

For the January 18 sailing the Formal Night was the second night and the menu was Prince & Princess. Is that what you are asking?

Yes thank you! On one of my other threads she said on 7 night cruises it was golden mickeys for formal night!

I know it's kind of early but are we going to all meet at some point?

Where is everyone that's driving to the port parking?

call me crazy , but i spent hours, :surfweb:, lookiing at what is left for inside cabins and there are 94 empty inside cabins and tons of ocean view.....havent made it to check balcony's yet.....so I am thinking now they might need to put those GT rates out there to fill the ship! JUST my opinion.....but the ship is pretty empty from looking at the deck plans and highlighting the available inside/oceanview rooms alone.

So maybe we will not have problems getting the departure time/part we want for the WDW day on Saturday when the booking opens up :)!

You're not crazy :thumbsup2

For the 2/15 and 3/1 cruises, IGTs were going for $698/pp [OGTs for $798; VGTs for $898]. IGTs haven't been offered yet on any of the other 8-nt Bahamian cruises, but I believe that all 6 categories of inside cabins (10A-C & 11A-C) are still available at least for May The Royals and 2-bdrm suites are booked. I don't know how up-to-date these figures are, but there seems to be cabins in most categories available for the May cruise.

somehow i missed this from before, THANKS, i am so torn about cancelling....it would save me $925, but I am one who doesnt want 1/2nd deck and therefore, not sold on giving up my deck 6 cabin.....sorry to drive you all nutz with this.

s232271,

How do YOU know when these rates are posted?

--Adam

i check the website daily in the morning and night as if i am booking the cruise and they will show up. Right now it's only for two people, but that is what I have....this is the 2nd time they have shown up for March 1st, they pulled them off and a few weeks later here they are again.

Found the cutest pic of Mickey And Minnie on Castway Cay in DD's passport today. I had wondered what happned to it after the last cruise. I can't wait to show it to her when she wakes up from her nap!

Woohoo! Just booked our ride to Disney Studios and Palo for Mother's Day Brunch!!! I can hardly wait:cool1:

i check the website daily in the morning and night as if i am booking the cruise and they will show up. Right now it's only for two people, but that is what I have....this is the 2nd time they have shown up for March 1st, they pulled them off and a few weeks later here they are again.

Got it...I couldn't see it before because I had children entered for my ressie. Thanks for the info! :hyper:

AFter long discussion with daugther we decided to keep our ressies and not wait on GT rates, so I too booked my Palo Brunch and didnt even realize it was

mother's day! and we are going to EPCOT on 630 bus so we can use the early entry at 8 am :)

i also filled out my online check in and got the 11 am checkin time too! :cool1:

I am ssssupeerrr excited now that it's all coming together!!!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter