Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by kdgeek, May 15, 2012.

1. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

curious, did you cancel?? i am still considering it, but i can make reservations the 9th if i PIF by then, so I am torn. Do you happen to recall the IGT rates on the other galveston 8 day cruises?? the price i mean? i was thinking something like $1650?? but I cannot remember and I didnt write it down.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. m4travel

m4travel <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

For the 2/15 and 3/1 cruises, IGTs were going for $698/pp [OGTs for $798; VGTs for $898]. IGTs haven't been offered yet on any of the other 8-nt Bahamian cruises, but I believe that all 6 categories of inside cabins (10A-C & 11A-C) are still available at least for May The Royals and 2-bdrm suites are booked. I don't know how up-to-date these figures are, but there seems to be cabins in most categories available for the May cruise.

4. OhioInlanders

OhioInlanders Earning My Ears

Hi s232271,

After an extensive discussion with my TA last night, I didn't do it. I have a good price right now, and she is pretty sure that if the better rates are offered, she can re-book us at the new rate even if we are within the 75 day period.

For now the strategy remains "wait and see" and make the TA do all the hard work if a discount is offered.

5. OhioInlanders

Based on info posted above by others, I have created the chart below to help visualize dinner rotation and attire.

Day Night Rotation 1 Rotation 2 Rotation 3 Attire
    Fri 1 L A P Casual
    Sat 2 A P L Formal
    Sun 3 A P L Casual
    Mon 4 P L A Casual
    Tue 5 O O O Open
    Wed 6 A P L Pirate
    Thu 7 P L A Semi
    Fri 8 L A P Casual

Note: the chart looks better in excel ;)

I am leaning towards Rotation 3, but the family has not yet weighed in. Which do you prefer?

6. wajones2

wajones2 Mouseketeer

OhioInlanders - love the chart! I was attempting to do something similar using a print out of "Your Cruise At a Glance" that was posted, but I like yours better. Much easier to see how it shakes out for the week on all 3 rotations.

7. lovetotraveltx

lovetotraveltx DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what theme our formal night will be.

We asked for rotation 1 but 2nd guessing, lol:banana:

8. OhioInlanders

lovetotraveltx,

For the January 18 sailing the Formal Night was the second night and the menu was Prince & Princess. Is that what you are asking?

9. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

call me crazy , but i spent hours, :surfweb:, lookiing at what is left for inside cabins and there are 94 empty inside cabins and tons of ocean view.....havent made it to check balcony's yet.....so I am thinking now they might need to put those GT rates out there to fill the ship! JUST my opinion.....but the ship is pretty empty from looking at the deck plans and highlighting the available inside/oceanview rooms alone.

10. lovetotraveltx

Yes thank you! On one of my other threads she said on 7 night cruises it was golden mickeys for formal night!

11. lovetotraveltx

I know it's kind of early but are we going to all meet at some point?

Where is everyone that's driving to the port parking?

12. wajones2

wajones2 Mouseketeer

So maybe we will not have problems getting the departure time/part we want for the WDW day on Saturday when the booking opens up :)!

13. OhioInlanders

You're not crazy :thumbsup2

14. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

somehow i missed this from before, THANKS, i am so torn about cancelling....it would save me $925, but I am one who doesnt want 1/2nd deck and therefore, not sold on giving up my deck 6 cabin.....sorry to drive you all nutz with this.

15. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

they just posted OGT/VGT rates for March 1st cruise, again, but NO IGT.

16. OhioInlanders

s232271,

How do YOU know when these rates are posted?

--Adam

17. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

i check the website daily in the morning and night as if i am booking the cruise and they will show up. Right now it's only for two people, but that is what I have....this is the 2nd time they have shown up for March 1st, they pulled them off and a few weeks later here they are again.

18. wajones2

wajones2 Mouseketeer

Found the cutest pic of Mickey And Minnie on Castway Cay in DD's passport today. I had wondered what happned to it after the last cruise. I can't wait to show it to her when she wakes up from her nap!

19. Zandersmom

Zandersmom time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Woohoo! Just booked our ride to Disney Studios and Palo for Mother's Day Brunch!!! I can hardly wait:cool1:

20. OhioInlanders

Got it...I couldn't see it before because I had children entered for my ressie. Thanks for the info! :hyper:

21. s232271

s232271 Mouseketeer

AFter long discussion with daugther we decided to keep our ressies and not wait on GT rates, so I too booked my Palo Brunch and didnt even realize it was

mother's day! and we are going to EPCOT on 630 bus so we can use the early entry at 8 am :)

i also filled out my online check in and got the 11 am checkin time too! :cool1:

I am ssssupeerrr excited now that it's all coming together!!!:woohoo: