Disney Lost and found

My wife left a sweater on CC some years ago. She did not notice it until we were on the ship. She notified L&F and they kept us informed about the search for the sweater 'til we got home and beyond. They did not find it (perhaps someone on the ship borrowed it or a crab was making a nest), but we feel DCL gave it their best shot. They want happy campers on and off CCay. We were impressed.

On one of our first Disney cruises, a woman left her camera in the stroller outside the Disney theater, and it was gone when she came out. She was more upset about the pictures on it than the camera. It was never found. Also our stateroom neighbors (and grandmother and her granddaughter) had their cell phones taken out of the nightstand. She thinks it happened when the room steward left the door open and was in another room at the time. It happens everywhere unfortunately.

This isn't about DCL lost and found but about the parks. We visited pandora on Sunday and when I got back to the room I realized my drivers license was missing. We returned to AK later in the day and I asked if it had been found. It had! So glad for such efficiency.

This might be why the mouse's parks and ships cost a bit more...super customer service.

This isn't about DCL lost and found but about the parks. We visited pandora on Sunday and when I got back to the room I realized my drivers license was missing. We returned to AK later in the day and I asked if it had been found. It had! So glad for such efficiency.

You also have to be glad for public honesty when stuff gets turned in too ;)

We recently went on the Disney Dream Cruise (4/17-4/22/17) and had a blast. My son left his wallet on board and once he noticed it was left I contacted lost and found immediately.

He left his wallet, $42, A Disney Gift Card ($30) and 10 souvenir park tickets from the years he has been.
They found the wallet with all included and informed me that we would be getting back the wallet but the cash was sent to finance. We would receive a check separate from finance for the amount of the cash. We got everything back with the exception of the gift card. The gift card was noted on the voucher along with the type of wallet, money and park cards so I believe they knew it was there once it was turned in. Just confused as to why we did not get the gift card back. They are looking into why the gift card was not sent and will get back to me.

The service in lost and found is awesome and I really do appreciate that they are doing all they can to help us out. So if you think it may be lost forever, call and report it missing immediately and you should get it back. DCL Lost & Found: 407-566-3734.

Great experience on all levels...will update status on Gift Card when we hear something.

UPDATE: The representative from the Cruise Line was in contact with me in regards to the $30 gift card. It seems that if they find a gift card, they immediately destroy the card. You need to call the gift card number (which DCL can provide) and give them the card number from the gift receipt. Unfortunately, we did not have the receipt anymore, but receiving 2 out of 3 items that were lost when we debarked was not bad and a good lesson to teach our boys. I did not expect the gift card and considered it a loss. I just received an email stating that DCL will be sending us a $30 gift card. I have not had noting but exceptional service and was absolutely speechless with their generosity. There is a lag in communication because of the time emails are read and you must be patient and persistent. They do not contact you right away but definitely are working on your claim/case. My ears are off to Kimberly Crawley, Executive Guest Correspondent, Disney Cruise Line. This lady is definitely an asset. Hope this helps everyone.

I just wanted to bump this thread for the valuable Lost and Found phone number. These people are great! I totally freaked out as we were leaving the cruise terminal on debarkation day (Magic Western) because I suddenly realized we were missing a whole bag that had all 5 of our jackets (one of them with sentimental value), a pair of brand new shoes, and some misc toiletries in it. I then realized what had happened. We ate in Lumiere's the final morning (7 am) and near the end of breakfast, DS8 had to use the bathroom so he left by the main door to go over to Beat Street. Shortly thereafter they closed off the main door to accomodate debarkation lines in the atrium and you had to enter through the side door, which DS didn't even really know about. So we grabbed up our things, said goodbye to our servers and went off to find him. In this haste we totally forgot the bag that he was in charge of and which was way under the table near his seat.

As soon as we exited the terminal, realized the loss, and got on our way to the airport, I got on the phone and alerted DCL right away (just got a voice mail) and later sent an email (the email reply simply said to contact Lost and Found at the above number, which I had already done) and just hoped for the best. A few days into the week, Dick at Lost and Found called me and said he was sorry but he had searched everything they had and there was nothing like I described. I said thanks and he said that sometimes items don't make it off the ship until the following week's debarkation and that he would not close the case. I called back again this past Saturday and left another message just to check and within 5 minutes he called me and said I must be psychic because he was just trying to call me as I called him. He had our bag! He sent it out that Monday and did not accept my offer to pay for the shipping. It cost them $17 and arrived two days later. Everything was exactly as we left it. There was no identification on the bag (just a large plastic gift shop bag) or any of items, so I was extremely grateful to get them back. The sweetest part was my daughter's face when she realized her shell collection from Castaway Cay was in my jacket pocket.

They are very nice there! In addition to Dick, there is also a very nice lady named Cindy. If you lose anything at all, call then right away and leave as detailed a message as you can. They really seem to care. :)

Wow what a great story, glad they're so on top of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter