Disney looking into sequel of Mary Poppins

I can't speak for the film rights, But London/Broadway Producer Cameron Mackintosh acquired the rights for a stage adaption from P.L. Travers in 1993/1994 on the condition that only English-born writers (no Americans or anyone involved with the movie) were to be directly involved in the creative process of the stage musical. Which is why the new music was written by Stiles & Drewe.

It wasn't until 2001 (after Traver's death in 1996), that Mackintosh and the head of Disney Theatricals began to discuss the idea of the musical we have today.

Thanks for the information......See I learn something from someone else every day.

Yes, very interesting information. Thanks for posting. I believe Travers had a son. Wonder if he's still around and has control of the copyrights?

Edit: Camillus Travers, P. L. Travers' adopted son, died in 2011.

Last edited:
Yes, very interesting information. Thanks for posting. I believe Travers had a son. Wonder if he's still around and has control of the copyrights?

That is a strange story. There were twin boys that she took in, but sent 1 boy back and kept one. I don't know if it was just a foster care situation or actual adoption.

She was not a nice person.

AKK

I consider 2 years "right after" In the context of animated movies...

Reality is that was really the "last movie" of his professional life... At least on that kinda scale.

This is more quick and easy...

Eisner got fileted for the "cheapquels" on VHS...

Iger will get roasted for the live action plugins after they hatch a few stinkers... Which is inevitable.
May be being too picky, but the last film Walt worked on was The Jungle Book just before he went into hospital. Just keeping the record straight for folks.

May be being too picky, but the last film Walt worked on was The Jungle Book just before he went into hospital. Just keeping the record straight for folks.
He didn't do a lot to Jungle book. He definitely had influence on it but he never saw the finished product or anything.

I covered that later...accounts I've read were that walt had tired of the animated feature a bit after sleeping beauty...

I'm sure he was there and tinkering - but he was known to "move on" throughout his professional life. By all accounts he was in the process of "moving on" from Disneyland and the magic kingdom -
Even before it was built - in his final years. It was all
About the tech city in Florida...

So from one perspective...it is quite possible that Mary was it for him.

To be fair...Julie Andrews probably thinks it's 1968, calls herself "mumsy", and has been trying to arrange tea with John Lennon for years...
Sad but she will go down as one of the best actresses of all time, truly one of the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter