• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Light'Ears: Press Conference & First Live Video

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone !

I´ve just found two interesting new videos.

The first one is the press conference for launching the new Light´Ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA5pPJt5qhU&feature=youtu.be

and the second one is the Dreams show with these Ears in fully function

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8jNIv1n8_s

:wizard:

What do you think about it ?

I don´t know. It looks good but by myself I think that these Ears will only be succesful when everyone wears them and they are not too expensive.

I´ve heard that a pair would cost 20,- € that would mean 80,- € for my family.

A lot of money and if we would be the only ones or part of a small group that wears them the effect will be worthless.

Let´s wait and see....

It would cost out family ¬80 as well although I did think they looked great!

Can see what you mean tho it will loss the effect if most people aren't wearing them! I hadn't realised they weren't released yet!

It was a press release to build up the hype for the Summer season (when the ears are officially in use) to make you want to buy them. Its ¬120 for our family if we bought them!!!
I'm hoping that May half term and the very late opening hours bring the ears into play though, but with 8 of us there, it would cost even more if the grandparents wanted them too. So my gorgeous Pirate and I are going for a weekend too in July, and he promised me I could have the ears ;-)

I'm still not convinced of this idea but am prepared to wait & see if it will work. I doubt I would buy them for myself though and I think the pricing and the number of people in families will also be put off.

ATM it would be approx £70 for a family of 4 to buy them!

when we go in December my DH said he wants one, so we will probably got one... I guess there will be more families that only some of the parties will buy them...

I thought they were an April Fools joke! :faint: How cool that hey are real. Have to go back again now. :)

I might want one, just to have it, and that's it. But then only because I could get an AP discount (hopefully?) on them.

To actually use them when watching Dreams, untill I've seen it for real: no thanks.

They maybe have special areas for people with the hats, but I think when you end up behind one of those areas with all the ears, it'll be super annoying with all those lights in front of you flashing, I feel like it'll distract you from actually watching the castle carefully and focus on what's happening there.

I want one! Just to have one! lol
Are they released in parks now?? Or will they be relased in time for 19th June??
I might have to just treat myself and other half just to have them so we can be flashing during dreams!! I dont quiet no how my other half will agree to this but im sure i can pursuad him!! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter