Disney Light'Ears: Press Conference & First Live Video

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by ThBa, Apr 5, 2013.

1. ThBa

ThBa DIS Veteran

Hi everyone !

I´ve just found two interesting new videos.

The first one is the press conference for launching the new Light´Ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA5pPJt5qhU&feature=youtu.be

and the second one is the Dreams show with these Ears in fully function

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8jNIv1n8_s

:wizard:

What do you think about it ?

I don´t know. It looks good but by myself I think that these Ears will only be succesful when everyone wears them and they are not too expensive.

I´ve heard that a pair would cost 20,- € that would mean 80,- € for my family.

A lot of money and if we would be the only ones or part of a small group that wears them the effect will be worthless.

Let´s wait and see....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. K11C12

K11C12 Mouseketeer

It would cost out family ¬80 as well although I did think they looked great!

Can see what you mean tho it will loss the effect if most people aren't wearing them! I hadn't realised they weren't released yet!

4. rachbelle

rachbelle Mouseketeer

I don't think they are released yet! They just used them for the press!

5. Lisa_C

Lisa_C Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

It was a press release to build up the hype for the Summer season (when the ears are officially in use) to make you want to buy them. Its ¬120 for our family if we bought them!!!
    I'm hoping that May half term and the very late opening hours bring the ears into play though, but with 8 of us there, it would cost even more if the grandparents wanted them too. So my gorgeous Pirate and I are going for a weekend too in July, and he promised me I could have the ears ;-)

6. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

I'm still not convinced of this idea but am prepared to wait & see if it will work. I doubt I would buy them for myself though and I think the pricing and the number of people in families will also be put off.

ATM it would be approx £70 for a family of 4 to buy them!

7. netimka

netimka DIS Veteran

when we go in December my DH said he wants one, so we will probably got one... I guess there will be more families that only some of the parties will buy them...

8. Nubbedy

Nubbedy <font color=darkorchid>I was born without a 'Hidde

I thought they were an April Fools joke! :faint: How cool that hey are real. Have to go back again now. :)

9. moorhunhe

moorhunhe Mouseketeer

I might want one, just to have it, and that's it. But then only because I could get an AP discount (hopefully?) on them.

To actually use them when watching Dreams, untill I've seen it for real: no thanks.

They maybe have special areas for people with the hats, but I think when you end up behind one of those areas with all the ears, it'll be super annoying with all those lights in front of you flashing, I feel like it'll distract you from actually watching the castle carefully and focus on what's happening there.

10. belle24

belle24 Mouseketeer

I want one! Just to have one! lol
    Are they released in parks now?? Or will they be relased in time for 19th June??
    I might have to just treat myself and other half just to have them so we can be flashing during dreams!! I dont quiet no how my other half will agree to this but im sure i can pursuad him!! haha