Disney Jewlery Thread - Chamilia and any others!

Just added my Epcot ( golf) bead today. Love it, now I have to find a wizard hat that will represent the Studios.
99a76cfb.jpg

Love it!:love: Since the Eeyore bead was unavailable I ordered the silver horse bead. I'm working on a Belle inspired bracelet and I'm going to add that one to represent Phillipe. I have Mrs. Potts with Chip and a rose bead to go on it too. Next I need to find a cute book bead.

Love it!:love: Since the Eeyore bead was unavailable I ordered the silver horse bead. I'm working on a Belle inspired bracelet and I'm going to add that one to represent Phillipe. I have Mrs. Potts with Chip and a rose bead to go on it too. Next I need to find a cute book bead.

Love that idea can't wait to see your finished product. I have seen a book charm somewhere. So creative!

I know most of this thread is about Chamilia, but thought some might be interested in a new designer that has shown up at Disney Parks recently:

tumblr_m4qh0gjDhX1rpuve1o1_1280.png

Alex and Ani arrive at Disney Parks!

I am very excited about these. I am hoping to pick up a few in September when I am at WDW. One of the local stores here that carry Chamilia started carrying Alex and Ani recently too. I looks like the Disney charms are going to be exclusive to the parks though, at least for now.

Love that idea can't wait to see your finished product. I have seen a book charm somewhere. So creative!

Thanks. There are a few different brands that sell a book charm. I would really like to see them in person before I buy one though. It's hard to tell what a bead is going to really look like from a stock picture.

Hi everyone! I'm going on my first cruise at the end of the month and have been hanging out in the DCL forums. There, I discovered Chamilia (because of the DCL charm). I'm in love! :lovestruc This week, I've bought my first bracelet and charms. :cool1:
The jewelry store had two different versions of the Cinderella slipper charm. The actual shoe is the same, but the circle that surrounds the bracelet is different.

I bought the one of the left, but can you experts here tell me which is the newer version? And if one is more desirable than the other? Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm going on my first cruise at the end of the month and have been hanging out in the DCL forums. There, I discovered Chamilia (because of the DCL charm). I'm in love! :lovestruc This week, I've bought my first bracelet and charms. :cool1:
The jewelry store had two different versions of the Cinderella slipper charm. The actual shoe is the same, but the circle that surrounds the bracelet is different.

I bought the one of the left, but can you experts here tell me which is the newer version? And if one is more desirable than the other? Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the addiction!! :rotfl:

I am not 100% sure, but I think that the one on the right is the newer version. I checked the Chamilia web site and that is the version that they are showing too. I don't think that it makes a lot of difference really. It's just personal preference as to which one you like better. Chamilia does discontinue their beads, and I have noticed that the prices tend to go up once they are no longer being produced.

I am not 100% sure, but I think that the one on the right is the newer version. I checked the Chamilia web site and that is the version that they are showing too. I don't think that it makes a lot of difference really. It's just personal preference as to which one you like better. Chamilia does discontinue their beads, and I have noticed that the prices tend to go up once they are no longer being produced.

Thanks for the welcome! And I totally see how this will become a dangerous addiction!

Here is my new bracelet :cloud9:

I'll get to add the DCL charm in 3 weeks!!:yay:

Thanks for the welcome! And I totally see how this will become a dangerous addiction!

Here is my new bracelet :cloud9:

I'll get to add the DCL charm in 3 weeks!!:yay:

Thanks for sharing your picture. It looks great! That Mickey swirl bead is one of my favorites.

I've just found ths page oooooh very dangerous but so many pretty things :cloud9:

I can't begin to read through all the pages so am being lazy here .... I'm planning to buy my dd a bracelet at Christmas, she's only 7 so it may seem crazy but hang with me. The plan is to build a picture of her childhood for her to remember, places she's travelled to, milestones etc We're in the uk making our first wdw trip next year and first disney cruise, I've read about the dcl charms but do wdw do anything specifically branded charms?

Thanks and I'm sure I'll be checking this thread out more than is financially sensible :cutie:

I've just found ths page oooooh very dangerous but so many pretty things :cloud9:

I can't begin to read through all the pages so am being lazy here .... I'm planning to buy my dd a bracelet at Christmas, she's only 7 so it may seem crazy but hang with me. The plan is to build a picture of her childhood for her to remember, places she's travelled to, milestones etc We're in the uk making our first wdw trip next year and first disney cruise, I've read about the dcl charms but do wdw do anything specifically branded charms?

Thanks and I'm sure I'll be checking this thread out more than is financially sensible :cutie:

If I'm understanding your question correctly, there are several Disney charms. There is nothing exclusive to Disney World that you can't buy elsewhere or online. Hopefully that makes sense. And for whatever it's worth, I don't think your idea of starting the bracelet for your 7 year old is ridiculous at all. Quite the contrary - I think it's an awesome idea.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, there are several Disney charms. There is nothing exclusive to Disney World that you can't buy elsewhere or online. Hopefully that makes sense. And for whatever it's worth, I don't think your idea of starting the bracelet for your 7 year old is ridiculous at all. Quite the contrary - I think it's an awesome idea.

Thanks for your response, it makes perfect sense :hug:

I'm hoping it will be a good idea, when I've travelled I've often seen charms that have been designed to mark that country, eg in Ireland I found cute charms that had shamrocks etc on them but not sure if they were official chamilia or pandora.

I'll have to have a look for a charm at wdw that makes us more think of that specific park as we're regular Disneyland Paris visitors and hope to do all lands one day :goodvibes

Does anybody here have a pic of the sebastian charm on your bracelet? I would just like to see how it looks on a bracelet mixed with other charms as I've only seen the pic of him alone.

Does anybody here have a pic of the sebastian charm on your bracelet? I would just like to see how it looks on a bracelet mixed with other charms as I've only seen the pic of him alone.

It's not the best angle to see the bead, but Sebastian is on the left side next to the red bead with the hearts. The silver beads on either side of it are Eeyore and Dopey.

IMG_5643.jpg

I have the one on the right,I bought it at the Magic kingdom 1 and a half years ago. I like the one on the left better. I think that's the new version. The reason I say that is because the newer dangle charms have that design.

My sister and I have different versions of the tinkerbell dangle. Hers had sharp wings and one snapped off. Mine has rounded wings.

I have the one on the right,I bought it at the Magic kingdom 1 and a half years ago. I like the one on the left better. I think that's the new version. The reason I say that is because the newer dangle charms have that design.

My sister and I have different versions of the tinkerbell dangle. Hers had sharp wings and one snapped off. Mine has rounded wings.

Thank you both so much for sharing your knowledge on this charm! It stinks that Chamilia doesn't have some sort of historical database we can look to.

To further muddle this "which came first" question, here is the one of the Disney pages from the 2012 catalog the jeweler gave me. Both versions are on the same page!!

It's been quite a while since I was last here, so I thought it was time to get caught up and share the progress my bracelet's made.
1ae17f38-1.jpg

My DH has been on the hunt for Pooh's Hunny Pot but hasn't had any luck. I told him he's probably going to have to order straight from Chamilia since none of the jewelry stores in our area have been able to actually get it for him.

Everyone here has some beautiful bracelets...I love looking at everyone's awesome creations!

It's been quite a while since I was last here, so I thought it was time to get caught up and share the progress my bracelet's made.
1ae17f38-1.jpg

My DH has been on the hunt for Pooh's Hunny Pot but hasn't had any luck. I told him he's probably going to have to order straight from Chamilia since none of the jewelry stores in our area have been able to actually get it for him.

Everyone here has some beautiful bracelets...I love looking at everyone's awesome creations!

Pretty! I love how you use the end of the bracelet as one of your end caps! I would have never thought of that.

Pretty! I love how you use the end of the bracelet as one of your end caps! I would have never thought of that.

Thank you!
That actually happened on accident. I was wearing it in Hollywood Studios last month and when I was washing my hands in the restroom, I realized my beads were sliding around. I then discovered that I'd lost one of my locks! We looked at World of Disney, and they had none, so I've improvised since then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter