Disney Jewlery Thread - Chamilia and any others!

OMG .... I'm in love :laughing:

Just came across this thread. Was recently bought a Pandora bracelet and at first, thought you could only get Pandora charms. But, my parents went back to England and bought me the cutest london double-decker bus charm by Chamilia .... and now I have just found out they do Disney charms.

Remove all my access from the bank account Hubby - I could quite easily spend it all :lmao:

I know this has probably been asked so many times but I'm going to ask anyway :laughing: I mentioned on this thread I am planning to buy a bracelet as a keepsake for my 7yo dd, the plan being we'll build a collection of travel and life memories for her to look back on when she's older.

I've been looking at the chamilia silver snap bracelet http://uk.chamilia.com/Bracelet-Silver-Snap-p1140467.html

I'm sure I've read that Pandora and Chamilia charms may not both work on some bracelets so please could somebody let me know which bracelet is best if I'm hoping to be able to use both Pandora and Chamilia charms :confused3

I know this has probably been asked so many times but I'm going to ask anyway :laughing: I mentioned on this thread I am planning to buy a bracelet as a keepsake for my 7yo dd, the plan being we'll build a collection of travel and life memories for her to look back on when she's older.

I've been looking at the chamilia silver snap bracelet http://uk.chamilia.com/Bracelet-Silver-Snap-p1140467.html

I'm sure I've read that Pandora and Chamilia charms may not both work on some bracelets so please could somebody let me know which bracelet is best if I'm hoping to be able to use both Pandora and Chamilia charms :confused3

I just bought my first bracelet, so I had researched this too. I have heard of people having trouble putting Chamilia charms on a Pandora bracelet, but I haven't heard of people having trouble putting Pandora charms on the Chamilia bracelet.

So I got a Chamilia bracelet.

I currently wear 2 chamilia flex bangles. I bought my daughters bangles as well. I like them much better, they are way easier to get on and off. Also troll beads are not supposed to fit chamilia or pandora. When I went to Mexico I found a troll bead glass bead and it fit perfectly on the bangles as well. It's much more versatile.

I second that. The flex bangles are so much easier to get on and off. No lock to try and release. Since the ends of the bracelet overlap, you really can't lose the bracelet.

My niece wanted a Pandora bracelet as her graduation gift, so I got her one. The jewelry store where I bought her Pandora bracelet said that if she uses any other beads besides those made by Pandora, it voids her warranty and they will not be able to replace, fix, or repair a bracelet that has been used with other non-Pandora products. My niece would like to get some of the Disney beads, but she is afraid to put them on her bracelet because of the warranty. Since I love the Disney beads, I bought a Chamilia bracelet for myself. I don't think Chamilia has the policy that you can't use other beads on their bracelets. If I am wrong on this, please let me know.

My niece wanted a Pandora bracelet as her graduation gift, so I got her one. The jewelry store where I bought her Pandora bracelet said that if she uses any other beads besides those made by Pandora, it voids her warranty and they will not be able to replace, fix, or repair a bracelet that has been used with other non-Pandora products. My niece would like to get some of the Disney beads, but she is afraid to put them on her bracelet because of the warranty. Since I love the Disney beads, I bought a Chamilia bracelet for myself. I don't think Chamilia has the policy that you can't use other beads on their bracelets. If I am wrong on this, please let me know.

People have different opinions on this. Let me give you my .02 based on my experience. I was told the same thing as you about Pandora and Chamilia. My experience. My neice has a Chamilia bracelet. She has the double Mickey and Minnie head on it. That bead was stuck and would not come off the bracelet, the end of the bracelet seperated. I brought the bracelet back to the store where all the Chamilia items were purchased. The owner of the store was the one who helped me. Before she touched any of the beads she checked all the beads. I was told that if there was any other beads on there other than Chamilia she would not fix the bracelet. She was able to get the bead off and gave me a new bracelet to replace the old one.

Again just my .02. I would go by what ever your local store tells you. They will be the one to help you if you have a problem.

I have both brands of bracelets (favorite is the flex bangle) and have never had an issue with mixing the beads on the different bracelets.

For a child Chamillia has a set for children that includes Disney beads - they are very cute and if they fit the regular size bracelets I'd definitely have to consider them ;)

I have both brands of bracelets (favorite is the flex bangle) and have never had an issue with mixing the beads on the different bracelets.

For a child Chamillia has a set for children that includes Disney beads - they are very cute and if they fit the regular size bracelets I'd definitely have to consider them ;)

I wish the kids line beads fit the adult chamilia. They have some really cute Disney beads. They are just to small to fit:(

I have come to the very quick conclusion that I think I am going to need a second bracelet just for a disney theme since I have almost filled my first one with others items:thumbsup2 But I have a question for any of you that have used the stopper beads with the rubber inserts-DH got me a couple since he has seen me fling beads accross the floor a couple of times- How on earth do you get these blasted things on the bracelet????? I have tried several times with no luck so I thought I would come to the pros-TIA

People have different opinions on this. Let me give you my .02 based on my experience. I was told the same thing as you about Pandora and Chamilia. My experience. My neice has a Chamilia bracelet. She has the double Mickey and Minnie head on it. That bead was stuck and would not come off the bracelet, the end of the bracelet seperated. I brought the bracelet back to the store where all the Chamilia items were purchased. The owner of the store was the one who helped me. Before she touched any of the beads she checked all the beads. I was told that if there was any other beads on there other than Chamilia she would not fix the bracelet. She was able to get the bead off and gave me a new bracelet to replace the old one.

Again just my .02. I would go by what ever your local store tells you. They will be the one to help you if you have a problem.

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'd better check with my local Chamilia store before I put any other beads on my Chamilia bracelet. They never mentioned anything about using only Chamilia beads on my bracelet when I bought it, but I would hate for something to happen and then not be able to get my bracelet fixed. It's a shame to have that policy when there are so many beautiful beads out there made by both Pandora and Chamilia as well as some other companies too.

I wish the kids line beads fit the adult chamilia. They have some really cute Disney beads. They are just to small to fit:(

I think someone mentioned in a previous post that the Chamilia Disney kids line (Miss Chamilia) beads do fit on a flex bracelet. I really like the Miss Chamilia Disney beads and am thinking of getting a flex bracelet so I can get those beads! If anyone has a photo of the Miss Chamilia Disney beads on a flex bracelet, could you please post it? I would love to see what it looks like!

I think there's a quick solution for this....take off all "offending" beads, before you take it to be fixed or repaired. I can't believe a particular bead would break a bracelet (unless your totally forcing the bead on because it doesn't fit) Sounds Like a policy they made up, just to ensure you only buy their beads.

I think there's a quick solution for this....take off all "offending" beads, before you take it to be fixed or repaired. I can't believe a particular bead would break a bracelet (unless your totally forcing the bead on because it doesn't fit) Sounds Like a policy they made up, just to ensure you only buy their beads.

My Pandora broke and that's exactly what I did when I took it back to be replaced. I took all the beads off including the alien beads. ;)

I have also had trouble with Chamilia beads not fitting well on my Pandora so I solved that by buying a Chamilia bracelet and now I just keep my beads on the 'correct' bracelet.

That's another reason I love the bangle, no twisting to get the beads on, they just slide right on. My chamilia necklace broke because twisting the beads off and on made the neck just fall off one day. Sad part was they discontinued the necklace. I only had chamilia beads on it and the jeweler let me exchange it for what ever I wanted. I really missed my necklace until I found a store that had one left of the old style:)

I love this new necklace :love:
chamilianecklace.jpg

Can you buy the Chamilia bracelet at any stores in Disney world.DTD? And How much are they? Our local store sells the bracelet for 65...Just wondering if it is cheaper to buy it before or while we are there! We will be there this christmas and would make a great gift!!!

Can you buy the Chamilia bracelet at any stores in Disney world.DTD? And How much are they? Our local store sells the bracelet for 65...Just wondering if it is cheaper to buy it before or while we are there! We will be there this christmas and would make a great gift!!!

i've never seen the bracelets or necklaces/earring sold at WDW, just the beads.

My Pandora broke and that's exactly what I did when I took it back to be replaced. I took all the beads off including the alien beads. ;)

I have also had trouble with Chamilia beads not fitting well on my Pandora so I solved that by buying a Chamilia bracelet and now I just keep my beads on the 'correct' bracelet.

me too!!!;)

I think they used to have the bracelets in some of the stores. I believe they were around the same price or maybe a little bit more.

I bought my first one from the store to the left when you first walk in Hollywood Studios. I have seen them at DTD in the World of Disney store in the jewelry part of course. Also at Mouse Gears at Epcot. They were $5 cheaper then at home.

Until the end of the month most Chamilia retailers are giving a free bracelet with purchase of $100 in beads. They do that a few times a year and usually they will let you upgrade to the bangle for $5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter