Disney Jewlery Thread - Chamilia and any others!

My plan did work. Sort of! Even though there were a lot of ladies in the store, I did get there in time for the freebies. Kind of weird because I know there were more than 20 people in that store, but I won't complain. Did feel funny about passing off DD16 as a friend, but when asked if I brought a friend, about three total strangers chimed in for me because DD was off looking at a different collection. So I figured what the heck. So, I bought two charms for future gifts for older DD and BFF. Was able to pick out any charm valued at $30, or if I wanted a higher priced one I had to pay the difference. Then DD got a free bracelet and I got another free charm for bringing a friend. That charm was predetermined. You couldn't pick it out. And it was a charm that had been discontinued. It's pretty boring, but hey, it's a charm. Now for the "sort of" part. My selfish intention was to use and abuse DD and keep HER free bracelet because up until Saturday, she had no desire for a Chamilia bracelet. And it's not like she's never seen the charms before. But on Saturday, it was like, "OHHHH, they have a whale, OHHHH, they have an Eeyore, OHHHH." Well, you get the drift. So in the end, SHE got to keep the free bracelet, and SHE got to pick out a free charm. Which, of course was a $40 charm so it cost me an extra $10. But in all seriousness, I don't mind. Gives me just another way to spoil her. And she has such tiny features that bracelets look really cute on her. I can't wait to go back and pick out a charm for her upcoming birthday.

I absolutely love the Chamilia bracelets. Hoping to get one for Mother's Day.

Sounds like you got some good deals! And it actually worked out good that you daughter liked the bracelet because I am sure you will have fun helping her to fill it up. Now I hope you get your Mother's Day wish :)

DH got me a bracelet for my birthday! :woohoo: However, local retailer has very limited selection and doesn't order often- even if it is a special order. :headache: So, could someone please pm me any online sites they use to order chamilia beads from? I need some Disney charms!

The online Disney store sells several charms. Ebay always has a ton available. I just google chamilia and lots of sites come up. Have fun!

DH got me a bracelet for my birthday! :woohoo: However, local retailer has very limited selection and doesn't order often- even if it is a special order. :headache: So, could someone please pm me any online sites they use to order chamilia beads from? I need some Disney charms!

I second the ebay suggestion... but be careful of fakes. If the price is too good to be true it probably isn't really Chamilia. I've seen lots of Mickey and Minnie heads in partcular that are knockoffs.

This store has a great selection and they always have the new beads up before anyone else. Their discontinued beads are really expensive though, so watch out for that.

http://www.shopcharmbracelets.com/index.cfm?track_id=1075&gclid=CIq62Kz-3agCFUiK4AodNi-txg

My mom has ordered some from here too, they have much better prices on discontinued beads. Plus they have free shipping.

http://www.dollsandducks.com/?gclid=CPKS3ob_3agCFYt95QodqXod1A

My plan did work. Sort of! Even though there were a lot of ladies in the store, I did get there in time for the freebies. Kind of weird because I know there were more than 20 people in that store, but I won't complain. Did feel funny about passing off DD16 as a friend, but when asked if I brought a friend, about three total strangers chimed in for me because DD was off looking at a different collection. So I figured what the heck. So, I bought two charms for future gifts for older DD and BFF. Was able to pick out any charm valued at $30, or if I wanted a higher priced one I had to pay the difference. Then DD got a free bracelet and I got another free charm for bringing a friend. That charm was predetermined. You couldn't pick it out. And it was a charm that had been discontinued. It's pretty boring, but hey, it's a charm. Now for the "sort of" part. My selfish intention was to use and abuse DD and keep HER free bracelet because up until Saturday, she had no desire for a Chamilia bracelet. And it's not like she's never seen the charms before. But on Saturday, it was like, "OHHHH, they have a whale, OHHHH, they have an Eeyore, OHHHH." Well, you get the drift. So in the end, SHE got to keep the free bracelet, and SHE got to pick out a free charm. Which, of course was a $40 charm so it cost me an extra $10. But in all seriousness, I don't mind. Gives me just another way to spoil her. And she has such tiny features that bracelets look really cute on her. I can't wait to go back and pick out a charm for her upcoming birthday.

I absolutely love the Chamilia bracelets. Hoping to get one for Mother's Day.

Sounds like you had a great day!

Thanks to all of you who have posted and pm'd me. I have been checking out many sites. I found the charm I was looking for and DH ordered it for me, I am waiting for it to arrive. It will be awhile now before I get another, but it is always fun to look!

Two new charms in less than a week. DDs bought me a charm for Mother's Day. DD30 picked it out. It's called "motherhood". DD16 apparently doesn't like it because as soon as we were alone she looked at it and said, "I didn't pick it out." LOL. Then, tonight I got a charm from DH for our anniversary.

Public addiction announcement :lmao:
Greenberg's is having "Buy 2 get one Free" for the month of August.

:woohoo::yay::banana::cool1:

It's a jewelry store chain. I would just go to their site...I believe it's just Greenbergs Jewelry dot com. then just go to the locate a store link.

Just found it. It's Greenbergs jewelers dot com. I couldn't find any beads online for purchase.

I don't think Greenburg's sells them online, but I thought you might be able to use the store locator and find a store near you.

hello!!! in 7 days I will go to WDW and I will like to buy a chamilia solid bangled. Where can I buy it??? or in WDW there are onli charms and not the bracelete???

Thank you very much!

hello!!! in 7 days I will go to WDW and I will like to buy a chamilia solid bangled. Where can I buy it??? or in WDW there are onli charms and not the bracelete???

Thank you very much!

I don't remember seeing the bangles in WDW, I know they had the snap bracelets when we were there in July.

I would recommend getting the bracelet locally before you leave and just buying beads when you are at the World. The best selection I saw was at the jewlery store on Main St at MK. World of Disney at DTD had lots of beads too.

Have fun shopping!

This is off topic as far as Disney, but on topic for Chamilia. I'm going to ask DH to start me another bracelet for my birthday, but I'm looking for suggestions. I have no fashion/style sense whatsoever. I have a black bracelet with Disney charms. I have a silver bracelet that's mostly in pinks. Neither is full, but I think full enough for my liking and that's why I want to start a third. DD was thinking another color scheme and she asked if there's a certain color I wear a lot of. Why she would have to ask when she sees me getting ready every morning is beyond me, not to mention the fact that she has commented on my lack of style. Did I mention she's 17? Anyway ... my response to her was "black". She said, besides that. I said "brown". She said, oy-vey! Well, you get the picture. I'm pretty gosh darn boring. So, all that said, can anyone give me any suggestions? Also wondering about going with the bangle bracelet. Does anyone have one of those? Pros? Cons?

This is off topic as far as Disney, but on topic for Chamilia. I'm going to ask DH to start me another bracelet for my birthday, but I'm looking for suggestions. I have no fashion/style sense whatsoever. I have a black bracelet with Disney charms. I have a silver bracelet that's mostly in pinks. Neither is full, but I think full enough for my liking and that's why I want to start a third. DD was thinking another color scheme and she asked if there's a certain color I wear a lot of. Why she would have to ask when she sees me getting ready every morning is beyond me, not to mention the fact that she has commented on my lack of style. Did I mention she's 17? Anyway ... my response to her was "black". She said, besides that. I said "brown". She said, oy-vey! Well, you get the picture. I'm pretty gosh darn boring. So, all that said, can anyone give me any suggestions? Also wondering about going with the bangle bracelet. Does anyone have one of those? Pros? Cons?

Some of the latest glass beads are really pretty autumn colors. Reds and oranges that would look very nice with browns.

I have a bangle and I like that it looks nice with fewer beads on it. I like to use it to mix and match beads for different occasions. You have to be careful with it though, because it can get bent out of shape. I have the one that wraps over itself at the ends. I feel like it is more secure than the shorter one. It is also pretty to wear with beads at each end.

Some of the latest glass beads are really pretty autumn colors. Reds and oranges that would look very nice with browns.

I have a bangle and I like that it looks nice with fewer beads on it. I like to use it to mix and match beads for different occasions. You have to be careful with it though, because it can get bent out of shape. I have the one that wraps over itself at the ends. I feel like it is more secure than the shorter one. It is also pretty to wear with beads at each end.

Thanks for the suggestions HockeyMom. And also your opinion on the bangle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter