Disney Jewlery Thread - Chamilia and any others!

I love, love,love my Chamilia bracelet....my DH got me one this past christmas and he buys me a new bead each holiday. Mine is isn't just Disney, there are other beads that have special meanings to him and me:lovestruc

It is a work in progress ;)

After I fill this one up, I am going to start a new one specifically Disney!!

That is exactly what I am going to do in the future too :) Currently mine too has Disney and beads that have special meaning. But soon I am going to have one just specific to Disney, thinking that will happen in Sept. when I go to Disney and just have to buy some more beads.

More beautiful bracelets! Anyone care to share which bracelet style they prefer? I am going to ask DH if I can get one for my bday if it is in our budget, but not sure which style I like the best? Does one style hold more beads than the other?

More beautiful bracelets! Anyone care to share which bracelet style they prefer? I am going to ask DH if I can get one for my bday if it is in our budget, but not sure which style I like the best? Does one style hold more beads than the other?

I think it's really just personal preference as to which style you like best. One thing you need to think about though is how many beads you want on your bracelet. If you think that you will fill it someday, you need to make sure it is big enough, otherwise they get tight with all those beads on it.

Also, if you go with the bangle style bracelet (Chamilia) you don't need to purchase any locks to keep the beads in place, since it has little balls that slide on.

The best thing to do is to go try some on and see what feels best to you.

Good luck! :woohoo:

Thanks HockeyMomNH! I was wondering about the bead issue. I have unusually thin wrists and was afraid the bracelt would be too big and fall off, but if I can get a bracelet I would definately want to fill it up. I like the look of it with beads all the way around. On the other hand, I like the look of the bangle with beads just on the top too. Now add in the fact that I already have a long list of beads that I want and I don't know what to choose. Oh, such tough decisions!

Thanks HockeyMomNH! I was wondering about the bead issue. I have unusually thin wrists and was afraid the bracelt would be too big and fall off, but if I can get a bracelet I would definately want to fill it up. I like the look of it with beads all the way around. On the other hand, I like the look of the bangle with beads just on the top too. Now add in the fact that I already have a long list of beads that I want and I don't know what to choose. Oh, such tough decisions!

I have pretty small wrists too. To give you an idea of what you can fit on a bracelet, my black and red bracelet is 7.5 inches, and the pink one is 7.1 inches.

The bracelets do tend to stretch from the weight of the beads too, so they will get a little looser after you have worn them for a while.

That is exactly what I am going to do in the future too :) Currently mine too has Disney and beads that have special meaning. But soon I am going to have one just specific to Disney, thinking that will happen in Sept. when I go to Disney and just have to buy some more beads.

I used Christmas money from my mom and dad to buy a black leather bracelet and a daughter charm. I've been to the jewelry store so much that the girl there "knows" me and suggested I use the black bracelet for my Disney charms so that that's what I decided to do. So I have one Disney bracelet and one other bracelet. It's just so hard to decide which one to wear on which days.

I'd better not show my daughter the peace love mickey one. She'd want that for sure. I started her a Miss Chamilia bracelet with the peace love mickey beads for Christmas. I'll have to add a pic of that.

I don't have anyone in my life I would/could buy the Miss Chamilia for, but I would LOVE to see a picture. From what I've seen of them in print they look adorable.

I wish the Miss Chamilia beads fit the regular bracelets because they have some really cute Disney ones :tinker:

Here is my daughter's miss chamilia bracelet.

IMG_5903.jpg

They are really cute, but tiny. They might work nicely on a thin necklace too.

After seeing all of the Disney Chamilia beads I decided I had to have a bracelet! I got my first one today. I chose the flex bangle style, because I like how you can slide those round beads on it so your other beads won't slide around (without the locks) like on the other type. I can see that I may end up with both styles at some point once I really have enough beads. :lmao: They seem like they could become addicting!
I didn't buy a bead yet, but told DD which one I have my eye on for Mother's day! :lovestruc I love the Disney one that says Dreams really do come true!

melmar136 the Dreams reall do come true is my favorite Disney bead! I really like the swirl mickey head dangle too. The murano glass has caught my eye too. Oh, I'll never be able to design a nice bracelet at this rate!

Does it say somewhere as to what the size range is for the bangle style? The choices are just medium, large and x-large.

Does it say somewhere as to what the size range is for the bangle style? The choices are just medium, large and x-large.

I wear a size 7 1/4 - 7 1/2 inch bracelet. I have the bangle in a large. I only have the black cz Mickey head bead on it, and I think I might leave it like that because I like the look, accenting that bead. It fits fine with the single bead on it. I don't know how it would be if I tried to fill the entire bangle up with beads, though. Hope this helps!

I wear a size 7 1/4 - 7 1/2 inch bracelet. I have the bangle in a large. I only have the black cz Mickey head bead on it, and I think I might leave it like that because I like the look, accenting that bead. It fits fine with the single bead on it. I don't know how it would be if I tried to fill the entire bangle up with beads, though. Hope this helps!

Yes, that definately helps! Thank you :)

My local jewelry store is running a special this weekend. Buy 2 Chamilia beads and get a bead or bracelet for free. All of my beads have been gifts so I don't want to buy any for myself, but was trying to figure out how to take advantage of this deal. Finally hit me that I want to pick up a bead for our daughter for either her birthday or Christmas, and also a bead for my BFF for her birthday or Christmas. Both birthdays are later in the year, but there's no harm in shopping early. Then they have another part of this special. Bring in a friend and the friend receives a free bracelet and I would receive another free bracelet or bead. I'm going to try and pass by DD16 off as a friend! She has shopped there so it's not like I'm bringing a 3 year old in as a "friend". The only thing is, the specials are only for the first 20 customers. I have no idea how much business this special will attract, but I'll probably try to get there at opening.

My local jewelry store is running a special this weekend. Buy 2 Chamilia beads and get a bead or bracelet for free. All of my beads have been gifts so I don't want to buy any for myself, but was trying to figure out how to take advantage of this deal. Finally hit me that I want to pick up a bead for our daughter for either her birthday or Christmas, and also a bead for my BFF for her birthday or Christmas. Both birthdays are later in the year, but there's no harm in shopping early. Then they have another part of this special. Bring in a friend and the friend receives a free bracelet and I would receive another free bracelet or bead. I'm going to try and pass by DD16 off as a friend! She has shopped there so it's not like I'm bringing a 3 year old in as a "friend". The only thing is, the specials are only for the first 20 customers. I have no idea how much business this special will attract, but I'll probably try to get there at opening.

Hopefully your plan works and you are one of the first 20 customers. One of our local jewelry store is also running a special. Buy 3 Chamilia beads and get a bracelet free (if you want a different style then the free one you can just pay the price difference) or you get 15% of any Chamilia beads you buy.
Soooooo I just had to buy the new Mickey bead. I got it in blue :)

And want to give a public thanks to tinkerbellmom31 for leading me to my new castle bead. Bought the Chamilia brand bracelet because they have Disney charms, but never was too crazy about the castle charm and did not buy it. Saw a neat castle charm posted on a bracelet by tinkerbellmom31. It's by OHM (fairytale castle), and reminds me of what a Disney castle charm should look like. :thumbsup2 I love it. And it fits my bracelet just fine. For all you DCL fans, I was told on my last cruise that there should be cruise ship charms coming sometime this year. The CM didn't remember if they were "ship-specific", or if it was a generic DCL charm. I have the Chamilia cruise ship, but would love to have a Disney one, so I'm hoping they are in the shops by my September cruise. :)

Thanks :). I love my ohm castle way better then the one chamilia makes to represent disney. They definitely could have done a better job.

I'm a charm bracelet newbie. I have a Pandora standard silver bracelet, the Chamilia beads will fit it? If so anyone know where to get them in DLR?

Not sure if this has been answered but at the DLR I got beads from a store on main street, left side. I'm not sure of the name but it had jewelry and purses. It was just past the emporium.

Hopefully your plan works and you are one of the first 20 customers. One of our local jewelry store is also running a special. Buy 3 Chamilia beads and get a bracelet free (if you want a different style then the free one you can just pay the price difference) or you get 15% of any Chamilia beads you buy.
Soooooo I just had to buy the new Mickey bead. I got it in blue :)

My plan did work. Sort of! Even though there were a lot of ladies in the store, I did get there in time for the freebies. Kind of weird because I know there were more than 20 people in that store, but I won't complain. Did feel funny about passing off DD16 as a friend, but when asked if I brought a friend, about three total strangers chimed in for me because DD was off looking at a different collection. So I figured what the heck. So, I bought two charms for future gifts for older DD and BFF. Was able to pick out any charm valued at $30, or if I wanted a higher priced one I had to pay the difference. Then DD got a free bracelet and I got another free charm for bringing a friend. That charm was predetermined. You couldn't pick it out. And it was a charm that had been discontinued. It's pretty boring, but hey, it's a charm. Now for the "sort of" part. My selfish intention was to use and abuse DD and keep HER free bracelet because up until Saturday, she had no desire for a Chamilia bracelet. And it's not like she's never seen the charms before. But on Saturday, it was like, "OHHHH, they have a whale, OHHHH, they have an Eeyore, OHHHH." Well, you get the drift. So in the end, SHE got to keep the free bracelet, and SHE got to pick out a free charm. Which, of course was a $40 charm so it cost me an extra $10. But in all seriousness, I don't mind. Gives me just another way to spoil her. And she has such tiny features that bracelets look really cute on her. I can't wait to go back and pick out a charm for her upcoming birthday.

I absolutely love the Chamilia bracelets. Hoping to get one for Mother's Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter