Disney in Virgina

So you're one of the people we can blame for not having that park! It would have certainly been a huge asset to your community and to the area. Your statement about traffic infrastructure is ridiculous. Orlando didn't have the infrastructure either before Disney arrived, the infrastructure was the result of Disney coming to the area like it would be any place they built!

NoVa Can not handle the amount of people they have now. Traffic at a stand still from Fredericksburg to DC. No way in hell I would try and visit NoVA for an amusement park. I'll hop on a plane any day of the week and head south!

See how Fredericksburg handles the new indoor water park that is opening up....

Blackstone is one of the few companies with the patience that is takes to profit form the long term capital appreciation of a theme park, and for them it would be a small acquisition. Of course they are not likely to overpay.

bookwormde

NoVa Can not handle the amount of people they have now. Traffic at a stand still from Fredericksburg to DC. No way in hell I would try and visit NoVA for an amusement park. I'll hop on a plane any day of the week and head south!
True, but it provides even more incentive for visitors to stay on site and spend all their money with Disney!

It seems the only reason why the all the Seaworld and Busch Gardens Parks haven't been sold yet is because Inbev is waiting for the economy to pick up and someone steps up and makes an offer.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/la...euser-busch-inbev-hasnt-sold-its-theme-parks/

From the beginning of the sale of Anheuser Busch InBev has stated they never wanted to be in the theme park business.

With Six Flags in Chapter 11, Disney has always seemed to be a logical buyer for BGW.

Yeah, that's what I was just going to say. Here in St. Louis the word is that InBev wants to strip all AB acquisitions down to bare bones and just keep the beverage brands only. They're just doing it a bit at a time to maximize their return. So eventually they will probably be selling both Busch Gardens parks as well as Grant's Farm here in St. Louis (which isn't near as exciting of a place but partly preserves farmland and a cabin used by Ulysses S. Grant in the 1850s).

After riding the Big Bad Wolf at BGW last weekend for the last time I am convinced that inbev will not spend any major money on any of the parks. I know that christmas town is comming (and I am really looking forward to it) But I believe that has been in the works for a while. There have been no new plans for the BBW location and I was told the ride wont even be removed until next spring. This gives me a strange feeling of forboding that the bush parks are going to become a ghost of thier former greatness. I hope I am wrong but it doesnt look good.

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter