• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney in August (10th)

dont forget he also over cooks it. if you think about it, its probably a good thing he doesnt order it and ruin a good cut of meat ;)

No, it'd be fine at medium well. I have a feeling that they use different levels of heat to get the desired doneness without turning the meat into a piece of shoe-leather. It *is* Le Cellier you know.

So I've been lurking over threads relating to August hours, dining, etc and it seems like EVERYONE is going the week of free dining! I really hope this is the case and that our crowd numbers will be lower than normal! Fingers crossed!!! :hyper:
And...has anyone here purchased RideMax before? I was thinking of buying, but it seems like I'm hanging with several experts already! :thumbsup2

So I've been lurking over threads relating to August hours, dining, etc and it seems like EVERYONE is going the week of free dining! I really hope this is the case and that our crowd numbers will be lower than normal! Fingers crossed!!! :hyper:
And...has anyone here purchased RideMax before? I was thinking of buying, but it seems like I'm hanging with several experts already! :thumbsup2

RideMax?

Here is the link to a thread about it:
Ride Max Thread
There's also an actual website. It's kind of like the Ultimate Guide, Tour Guide Mike, etc. RideMax, for example actually has estimated wait times for every day of the year! It seems like it does a lot more, I just want to know if it's worth the $!

Ride Max Thread
There's also an actual website. It's kind of like the Ultimate Guide, Tour Guide Mike, etc. RideMax, for example actually has estimated wait times for every day of the year! It seems like it does a lot more, I just want to know if it's worth the $!

I personally don't subscribe to anything that claims to be able to accurately predict wait times. These are based on average wait times from the past; however, any number of things can change the dynamics of where people are on a certain day. How hot or cool it is, rainy or dry, a celebrity in a park, you name it...all these things can cause shifts in crowds.

Another thing I don't like about these planning tools is how alot of them set tight timetables on where to be and when. (For example...go on Ride X at 7pm and Ride Y at 7:20pm.) I don't like doing the parks in commando mode and think it takes away from the leisure of a vacation. If you spend the whole time running, then you miss alot of the details that make the magic so much better.

I've learned to pay attention to many variables to determine where I go on which day and I'm usually pretty good at determining crowd levels (just ask Rob). I'll hop off my soapbox now, but remember one thing I often like to say. If you tell everyone that "Park X is least crowded on Wednesdays so that's the best day to go"....guess what will happen? Eventually, that park will be MOST crowded on Wednesdays. Makes sense doesn't it?

I think we got a good week, right before the free dining madness. We're going to all have loads of fun...and yes, you're going to be meeting up with several experienced Disney folks!!

Thanks, Joe! I was kind of hesitant to buy it since there is no guarantee the wait times will be accurate. Plus I know for a fact that RideMax does not encourage extra hour days. Uh...well...we booked all of our ADRs based on that! So it might not have worked anyway (or it would say that all my ride wait times were really long!).
I'm hoping I can set some sort of plan then run it past by new, wonderful Disney expert friends! :worship:

Thanks, Joe! I was kind of hesitant to buy it since there is no guarantee the wait times will be accurate. Plus I know for a fact that RideMax does not encourage extra hour days. Uh...well...we booked all of our ADRs based on that! So it might not have worked anyway (or it would say that all my ride wait times were really long!).
I'm hoping I can set some sort of plan then run it past by new, wonderful Disney expert friends! :worship:

Hope it didn't sound like too much of a rant. I got to the Studios one day last year only 5 minutes before rope drop. I couldn't even see the front I was so far back...and if you've seen my blog pictures, I was first in line for Toy Story Mania. Most everything I've read says if you aren't standing with the rope in front of you, you'll have a decent wait by the time you get back there. It just goes to show that nothing is written in stone and everyday is dynamic...things change...weather changes...and if you get the threat of a Hurricane, the place clears out.

LOL, now hopefully we won't all meet at Epcot on the 13th and find crazy long lines in there for everything....naaaa, we'll be fine.

Ride Max Thread

If I was do any guides it would tie to my friend Len Testa (Unofficial Guide [ding] and WDWToday) or else just from my own experience. I am hoping that there will not be a rush rush when I go with the guys. Just have to watch how much sugar Joe has LOL

If I was do any guides it would tie to my friend Len Testa (Unofficial Guide [ding] and WDWToday) or else just from my own experience. I am hoping that there will not be a rush rush when I go with the guys. Just have to watch how much sugar Joe has LOL

Now remember, the sugar doesn't speed me up, it just keeps me going...important safety tip. There really isn't a need to rush when you go the opposite direction of everyone else, its a pleasant experience.

Speaking of sugar, Timmy has a BETTER kind of monorail crawl, called the sugar crawl. Start with a Dole Whip at the Poly, then a Slipper dessert at the Grand Floridian and Chocolate Brownie at Contemporary...and why not throw in something at the Wilderness Lodge just for good measure!!!

BTW Sha, isn't this trip supposed to be "book research" for us? :wizard:

Now remember, the sugar doesn't speed me up, it just keeps me going...important safety tip. There really isn't a need to rush when you go the opposite direction of everyone else, its a pleasant experience.

Speaking of sugar, Timmy has a BETTER kind of monorail crawl, called the sugar crawl. Start with a Dole Whip at the Poly, then a Slipper dessert at the Grand Floridian and Chocolate Brownie at Contemporary...and why not throw in something at the Wilderness Lodge just for good measure!!!

so are we doing a sugar crawl?? and yes, some of it is research.

Uh....WOW!! That sounds awesome!! I'm a dessert nut (especially more than my hubby!)!

Are we doing a sugar crawl? OF COURSE we're doing a sugar crawl...I mean common now. At the rate we're going, there may be a few dozen people in on this by the time it happens. Maybe we finish at the Poly and watch Wishes from the shore?

I have a good bit of things swirling around in my head now. By the time the trip rolls around, I could have quite a bit written. Don't forget the other...umm, surprise that will happen right around the trip (wink wink).

I'm Robert Farley, and I endorse this crawl. :thumbsup2

Are we doing a sugar crawl? OF COURSE we're doing a sugar crawl...I mean common now. At the rate we're going, there may be a few dozen people in on this by the time it happens. Maybe we finish at the Poly and watch Wishes from the shore?

I have a good bit of things swirling around in my head now. By the time the trip rolls around, I could have quite a bit written. Don't forget the other...umm, surprise that will happen right around the trip (wink wink).

Yummy! That sounds like my kind of crawl!

Ok...it's official. I HAVE to do this!! If I don't get a chance to with all of my wonderful, smart, Disney expert friends (you guys!) :sad1: I'll have to go it alone with my hubby (and pretend I'm the expert!)

Definitely, its on. If we can't get to the monorail, we can do it at Epcot in World Showcase. A sugar crawl can be done anywhere that has lots and lots of tasty treats. Right off the top of my head, I'm thinking chocolate mousse from France and Schoolbread from Norway!!! :wizard:

Definitely, its on. If we can't get to the monorail, we can do it at Epcot in World Showcase. A sugar crawl can be done anywhere that has lots and lots of tasty treats. Right off the top of my head, I'm thinking chocolate mousse from France and Schoolbread from Norway!!! :wizard:

Sweet! And those snow cones in Japan...Kaki Gori???:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter