Disney in August (10th)

This year will be my fifth August trip. I am going the 19th because of the free dining. This will be my first free dining trip. I typically go the second week of August.

We were always lucky UNTIL LAST YEAR!!! It rained every day ALL DAY. As much as we love Disney being there with constant rain was very depressing and gloomy.

However, all the other trips we did have the typical August showers mid-day for about an hour. They come down hard and fast, but don't last long and after they are done, the sun comes right back out.

It is very hot and you have to take it slow, but during the evenings it is not that bad.

The positives are when you enter an attraction and hit the air, you feel like you died and went to heaven and the water parks are a blast this time of year.

All the parks are doable in August, but Animal Kingdom is a real challenge and you can't escape the heat like the other parks.

We always take a mid-day break and go back to the hotel for a swim and relax, then head out again for the night.

Bring your ponchos for the daily showers. You can almost set your clock to them. Having said all of the above, last year was a bad year for the rain every day and the year before that, we didn't even have the daily mid-day showers and the weather was amazing. No rain at all. So, pray to the weather Gods, but be prepared just in case.

This year will be my fifth August trip. I am going the 19th because of the free dining. This will be my first free dining trip. I typically go the second week of August.

We were always lucky UNTIL LAST YEAR!!! It rained every day ALL DAY. As much as we love Disney being there with constant rain was very depressing and gloomy.

However, all the other trips we did have the typical August showers mid-day for about an hour. They come down hard and fast, but don't last long and after they are done, the sun comes right back out.

It is very hot and you have to take it slow, but during the evenings it is not that bad.

The positives are when you enter an attraction and hit the air, you feel like you died and went to heaven and the water parks are a blast this time of year.

All the parks are doable in August, but Animal Kingdom is a real challenge and you can't escape the heat like the other parks.

We always take a mid-day break and go back to the hotel for a swim and relax, then head out again for the night.

Bring your ponchos for the daily showers. You can almost set your clock to them. Having said all of the above, last year was a bad year for the rain every day and the year before that, we didn't even have the daily mid-day showers and the weather was amazing. No rain at all. So, pray to the weather Gods, but be prepared just in case.

I haven't been in early August since 1995, but I've been in July a few times and the past few years have been at the beginning of September. Not a great deal of time difference, but a little. Last September wasn't bad, but 2007 was very hot, seemed to be an unusually hot year.

That said, I couldn't pass up the chance to celebrate as Disney's theme this year suggests and go on my birthday.

I have several things in the planning stages, along with a chance of getting a little "access" that most people will never have the chance to see. I used to wonder why my trips got better each year...now I know its because I get more creative each year and MAKE them better. This year will be no different.

Cheers!!! :wizard:

I hope to make our trip one to remember! :thumbsup2 My goal is to have my hubby wanting more of Disney! When it comes to planning I should have that nailed! I tend to spend a great deal of time on the DIS while at work...:rolleyes1

I hope to make our trip one to remember! :thumbsup2 My goal is to have my hubby wanting more of Disney! When it comes to planning I should have that nailed! I tend to spend a great deal of time on the DIS while at work...:rolleyes1

Oh yes, you MUST convert him. There's nothing better than when someone is touched by Disney magic. When that happens, there's no turning back.

Sounds like you have a plan!!!

Another August Diser here. . . July 28th to August 8th. I have been several times in August before, its not the heat that bothers me the most, its the rain. lol We had a day one trip that was a complete rain disaster. Could not escape it, ooh well that's Florida.

Another August Diser here. . . July 28th to August 8th. I have been several times in August before, its not the heat that bothers me the most, its the rain. lol We had a day one trip that was a complete rain disaster. Could not escape it, ooh well that's Florida.

The time I had that happen at MNSSHP, I just decided to step out...and I stepped right into the rain and walked right down the center of the street. Once I was soaked, no big deal anymore, and I got to ride so many rides while everyone else was hunkered down in the shops.

I guess that's how you have to do it... put on your water shoes and enjoy the day... I will bring a change of clothes and put it into a locker to change into something dry after... ha! ha! I will have to make the best of it and have some fun in the rain.

Going to POP August 10-14 with my best friend. Celebrating being friends for 20 years! I am concerned about the DHS comment on the 12th. I booked Sci-Fi for that day. Maybe I should change it...

Going to POP August 10-14 with my best friend. Celebrating being friends for 20 years! I am concerned about the DHS comment on the 12th. I booked Sci-Fi for that day. Maybe I should change it...

Just basing it on the fact that 50s was totally booked that day, but any time I wanted available on the rest. I found that odd. In any case, if its crazy crowded, just go to another park and come back for dinner.

We may see ya there.

The time I had that happen at MNSSHP, I just decided to step out...and I stepped right into the rain and walked right down the center of the street. Once I was soaked, no big deal anymore, and I got to ride so many rides while everyone else was hunkered down in the shops.

I wasn't there for that, but I'm bringing my favorite pair of sandals because they're great fopr everything except snow...and it being Florida in August...I think that's not going to be a problem!:lmao:

I wasn't there for that, but I'm bringing my favorite pair of sandals because they're great fopr everything except snow...and it being Florida in August...I think that's not going to be a problem!:lmao:

You could've been, though not in the rain, but they kicked us out remember?

But that's ok, we had a meet to go to.

You could've been, though not in the rain, but they kicked us out remember?

But that's ok, we had a meet to go to.

That's right, we did, and I got to meet Timmy, and hang out with some other folks, including aksunshine and her DH and DD whom we had met earlier at Kona. I'm still thankful her DH shared his pressed coffe, I never would have thought to order it.

That's right, we did, and I got to meet Timmy, and hang out with some other folks, including aksunshine and her DH and DD whom we had met earlier at Kona. I'm still thankful her DH shared his pressed coffe, I never would have thought to order it.

A fun night that was, too bad it was the last night but oh well. Timmy was totally wired on coffee and was so much fun. Why didn't we get any pics that night?

A fun night that was, too bad it was the last night but oh well. Timmy was totally wired on coffee and was so much fun. Why didn't we get any pics that night?

Because our cameras were fogged up from sitting in the room on the table right under the A/C vent.:rolleyes1

No more laying cameras near the air vent...it looked like a foggy day at the Magic Kingdom.

It did that every morning too! I'm voting by the door or under the nightstand this time around.

Talking about all this has me wondering just what kind of memories we'll make on this coming trip.

It did that every morning too! I'm voting by the door or under the nightstand this time around.

Talking about all this has me wondering just what kind of memories we'll make on this coming trip.

Well, like I said, my Disney trips have always got better each time. Given the things we already have in store, I don't see this being any exception.

There seems to be something up at the Studios on August 12. For some reason, dining is booked fairly solid, only at the studios for that day. There is EMH that evening at the Studios, but there's no Fantasmic playing. Still, that alone shouldn't cause those bookings, since its happening nowhere else all week...I got every time I asked for without problem. I'm eating at Epcot that day and at the Studios on another day that's playing Fantasmic (so I don't miss it).

Anyway, just a tip, go somewhere besides the Studios on August 12.

Oh great! As of right now, I'm arriving 8/12 :woohoo: and have ressies at SciFi that day. Oh, I hope it's not crazy busy :scared1:

Oh great! As of right now, I'm arriving 8/12 :woohoo: and have ressies at SciFi that day. Oh, I hope it's not crazy busy :scared1:

Well maybe all the ressies all went to y'all....ha ha ha. I got all the times I wanted everywhere else, and was able to get 50s without issue on the 11th and just moved Coral Reef to the 12th. All the other days and other parks were just fine so maybe it was just a large group at 50s or who knows what...but if its too crowded, just come in for dinner.

Well maybe all the ressies all went to y'all....ha ha ha. I got all the times I wanted everywhere else, and was able to get 50s without issue on the 11th and just moved Coral Reef to the 12th. All the other days and other parks were just fine so maybe it was just a large group at 50s or who knows what...but if its too crowded, just come in for dinner.

I'll keep it in mind--thanks! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter