Disney Gift Cards From Target

If you need more than one, the Sam's Clubs 3-packs are a better deal than the single cards.

Amex has an offer where you spend $20 get $20 back at Sams. Since I have 4 Amex cards I'm buying four $50 Disney gift cards for $48.00 a piece.

$48.00 x 4 -$80 = $112

$200.00 worth for $112

Yes the cards are good at counter service, too. Just not at those cash-only carts, so no cards for churros! ;)

Isn't it 48 cents cheaper to buy them from target? 3 would be $142.50 at target compared to $142.98 at sams right?

True, but only if you have the Target RedCard.

I appreciate this board's insights on how to use Target gift cards to get an extra discount on Disney gift cards (purchasing on Target.com) and have been able to successfully do this several times. However, I wonder if Target it no longer allowing this...I placed a Disney gift card order last night (using a combo of Target RedCard and Target Gift Cards as I have successfully done in the past) and the website took my order as usual. A few minutes after getting the confirmation e-mail, I received an e-mail that the order was cancelled. I tried again this morning and the same thing happened.

There is no issue with my Target RedCard since I just used it on a separate order (non-gift card) last night and it went through. The Target gift cards are also valid (verified this as well). I called customer service and the rep elevated the call to their "higher department" and I was on hold for quite some time. After about 15 minutes, the rep got back to me and said that they are no longer allowing using Target gift cards for specialty gift cards (like Disney). Has anyone run into this? Or successfully placed a Disney gift card order this weekend? How about using Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards in an actual Target store?

After about 15 minutes, the rep got back to me and said that they are no longer allowing using Target gift cards for specialty gift cards (like Disney). Has anyone run into this? Or successfully placed a Disney gift card order this weekend? How about using Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards in an actual Target store?

Target .com changed and began enforcing this policy last month, but this issue still comes up on these boards once or twice a week. You can refer to this thread from August:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/target-canceling-gift-card-orders.3538146

Thank you so much!:thanks: I didn't see that thread before and it totally answers my question! I will head over to our local Target to get my Disney gift card. Not as great of a deal but still better than full price! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter