Disney Gift Cards From Target

That's not true. I got the 5% Redcard discount on my order last week. I ordered 2 Disney gift cards, paid with Target gift cards, but had my Redcard as my default form of payment so I still got the 5% off. It's an even better deal because I bought the Target gift cards from Raise at 4% off.

If you read other messages, Target discontinued the 5% discount for a little while a couple of weeks ago. Now, it is back up and running...and the Disney gift cards are back in stock as of today.

You can buy Target gift cards on Raise (5.7% discount, for example), and then use them on Target.com to buy your Disney gift cards. As long as your RedCard is the "default payment" in your account, you will still get your 5% discount even when using gift cards to purchase. You can only buy 8 Disney gift cards per day from Target.com. You can only use 4 Target gift cards per transaction. Here's what I did:

1. Purchase $380 worth of Target gift cards on Raise; total cost was $358.34

2. Purchase $400 worth of Disney gift cards on Target.com; total cost was $380

So, as you can see, I spent $358.34 for $400 worth of gift cards, a savings of 10.5%

If you read other messages, Target discontinued the 5% discount for a little while a couple of weeks ago. Now, it is back up and running...and the Disney gift cards are back in stock as of today.

You can buy Target gift cards on Raise (5.7% discount, for example), and then use them on Target.com to buy your Disney gift cards. As long as your RedCard is the "default payment" in your account, you will still get your 5% discount even when using gift cards to purchase. You can only buy 8 Disney gift cards per day from Target.com. You can only use 4 Target gift cards per transaction. Here's what I did:

So, as you can see, I spent $358.34 for $400 worth of gift cards, a savings of 10.5%
Is the website raise.com? I've never heard of this but would like yo hear more about it.

Is the website raise.com? I've never heard of this but would like yo hear more about it.

Yes, that's correct. I also use Cardpool, but Raise has a better discount on Target. In the other hand, Cardpool has better discounts on other things (Starbuck's, Cheesecake Factory, etc.)

Yes, that's correct. I also use Cardpool, but Raise has a better discount on Target. In the other hand, Cardpool has better discounts on other things (Starbuck's, Cheesecake Factory, etc.)
Thanks for the info. This is good to know. :o

If I go this and use my AP discount at Disney I'm saving even more hhhhmmm... I love the DIS... Great place to learn tricks & tips.

Just to clarify, I should have said that I used the $380 worth of Target gift cards (for which I paid $358.34) to purchase $400 worth of Disney gift cards (for which I paid $380 for because of the Red Card discount) on the Target site. I hope this make sense :-)

Just to clarify, I should have said that I used the $380 worth of Target gift cards (for which I paid $358.34) to purchase $400 worth of Disney gift cards (for which I paid $380 for because of the Red Card discount) on the Target site. I hope this make sense :-)
I completely understood this. Thanks! :)

So, just to be sure, you bought the egift cards from raise , then went to target online and bought disney gift cards there that they will mail to you to get you the actual card? Since your raise cards are on your raise acct, how do you use those when you go to pay at target online? I do have a red card I can set as default. Also just checking, you just recently did this? I think I'll have to do this! The other year I got my disney gc 's at target with ten percent off, five from red card and five percent from pharmacy rewards. Last dec we could only get the five percent for the red card. This way of buying will be as good as that ten oercent at target in store and without all the running around, so even more convenient!

Looking at raise, the cards are mostly in fifties for target, so using four of those in one day, I guess I could buy what I need over two or three days.

Thanks for the heads up on this and detailing how yiu did it!

One other thing, raise is totally legit, no chance of loosing money there?

So, just to be sure, you bought the egift cards from raise , then went to target online and bought disney gift cards there that they will mail to you to get you the actual card?

Yes, that's correct.

Since your raise cards are on your raise acct, how do you use those when you go to pay at target online?

Once you purchase the Target egift cards on Raise, you will receive an email with the egift card numbers. You then take those numbers and enter them in the "pay with a gift card" section on Target.com. But you must make sure that your Red Card is already in your Target.com account as the default payment method so that you get your 5% discount.

Also just checking, you just recently did this?

Yes, I did it earlier this week.

Looking at raise, the cards are mostly in fifties for target, so using four of those in one day, I guess I could buy what I need over two or three days.

The inventory on Raise changes on a daily basis. People post here, saying that the Disney gift cards are back in stock at Target.com, and then everyone rushes over to Raise and buys the Target cards. Thus, the inventory on Raise is probably low right now. They will get more in, I'm sure. I bought ones that were definitely more than $50. Another option is to buy the cards on Carpool rather than Raise. Cardpool only offers a 4.5% discount, but they might have more inventory and higher denominations.

One other thing, raise is totally legit, no chance of loosing money there?

As far as I know, both Raise and Cardpool are legit. I've been using Carpool for a really long time, and have never had a problem. I just used Raise for the Disney stuff a few weeks ago, and again this week...and no problems there either.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I get 2% back on my credit card. So, when I buy the cards on Raise or Carpool, I get 2% back. So, it's really like getting a 13% discount when you add everything together :-)

Off topic but...does anyone know if you can get the target card discount on ITunes cards also?

Yes you can. I wait until the ITunes cards go on sale and stock up with the additional 5% off.

Yes, that's correct.

Once you purchase the Target egift cards on Raise, you will receive an email with the egift card numbers. You then take those numbers and enter them in the "pay with a gift card" section on Target.com. But you must make sure that your Red Card is already in your Target.com account as the default payment method so that you get your 5% discount.

Yes, I did it earlier this week.

The inventory on Raise changes on a daily basis. People post here, saying that the Disney gift cards are back in stock at Target.com, and then everyone rushes over to Raise and buys the Target cards. Thus, the inventory on Raise is probably low right now. They will get more in, I'm sure. I bought ones that were definitely more than $50. Another option is to buy the cards on Carpool rather than Raise. Cardpool only offers a 4.5% discount, but they might have more inventory and higher denominations.

As far as I know, both Raise and Cardpool are legit. I've been using Carpool for a really long time, and have never had a problem. I just used Raise for the Disney stuff a few weeks ago, and again this week...and no problems there either.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I get 2% back on my credit card. So, when I buy the cards on Raise or Carpool, I get 2% back. So, it's really like getting a 13% discount when you add everything together :-)

Hi, LisaT91403! I'm sorry, I lost this thread and could not find in my watched threads, still can't, but went back page by page to find this! Thanks for answering back and your helpful answers! I actually saw the post closer to when posted, and meant to go back to answer later after work and didn't find it again til now. Anyway, I checked Raise that night and there were lots of Target cards for 5.5% - 5% for sale. Figured I'd buy later and a day or two later they were only at about 4%. Argh! I finally got back late tonight and there were two with 5.5% and i was so excited, and I quick tried to put in my cart. Argh, it only let me get the second of the two I tried to put in the cart! It took a while to get all my address, etc, in there, and when I went back to get the other one(I figured it must only let you get one at a time?), and it was gone already! It was twenty bucks more and I would have had over
$180! Ugh! I know 4.5% is really close and only cents away from 5% but I was so disappointed!

Anyway, thanks so much for taking time to answer all, very helpful! I will be continuing to watch Raise and hope to get what I need in GC's. Funny, that first day, there were a whole page of cards 5% and more available, I should have just jumped on what I needed! Now I'll probably be obsessively watching, lol!

Hi, LisaT91403! I'm sorry, I lost this thread and could not find in my watched threads, still can't, but went back page by page to find this! Thanks for answering back and your helpful answers! I actually saw the post closer to when posted, and meant to go back to answer later after work and didn't find it again til now. Anyway, I checked Raise that night and there were lots of Target cards for 5.5% - 5% for sale. Figured I'd buy later and a day or two later they were only at about 4%. Argh! I finally got back late tonight and there were two with 5.5% and i was so excited, and I quick tried to put in my cart. Argh, it only let me get the second of the two I tried to put in the cart! It took a while to get all my address, etc, in there, and when I went back to get the other one(I figured it must only let you get one at a time?), and it was gone already! It was twenty bucks more and I would have had over
$180! Ugh! I know 4.5% is really close and only cents away from 5% but I was so disappointed!

Anyway, thanks so much for taking time to answer all, very helpful! I will be continuing to watch Raise and hope to get what I need in GC's. Funny, that first day, there were a whole page of cards 5% and more available, I should have just jumped on what I needed! Now I'll probably be obsessively watching, lol!

No worries -- hope it works out for you!

I have had that same problem with Raise -- by the time I go to check out, the gift card is no longer available. But sometimes I've just purchased ones that aren't as highly discounted, because I realize that the difference in total cost might be $1.00 or so. I've also gone and purchased at Carpool (usually 4.5%) because they have one that is a better denomination for me. I'd rather overpay by $1 than have "extra" Target gift card funds.

I was stalking Raise today/tonight, and suddenly they started popping up with a good number of Target gc's with 5.5% disc and i grabbed what I needed! An hour later and all gone again, wow! But, I hadn't thought about this before, but while checking out target online, and after reading a few reviews at Target about the Disney gc's, they said it took about a week and half to get them, yikes! I gotta quick order tmw morning to be sure I get them in time, we leave 6 a.m. on the 21st! I gotta get my card back from DD24 so I can get the number to put in my acct to set it as my default payment! I'll check back just to verify that it goes thru and that it's still working.

Now I gotta figure the math for how many I'll get for $567 (533) when using my target gift cards with that 5%! Lol

They do at the restaurants in the parks and hotel (basically Disney-owned dining) that take credit cards. The only place they don't work are the food carts that are cash only.

So I'm good at quick service spots correct?

and thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter