Disney Gift Card question

What is the biggest denomination giftcard you can get at Target?
I'd like to start this tradition and see if I can get $100.00 cards with the 5% discount so I only have to take one card to the parks each day.

What is the biggest denomination giftcard you can get at Target?
I'd like to start this tradition and see if I can get $100.00 cards with the 5% discount so I only have to take one card to the parks each day.

My Target (San Mateo, CA) only has $25 and $50 cards. I have seen one report on here of $100 cards at a target near the holidays but I've never seen them at mine (even at the holidays).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

i am new to this disney gift card thing....we are going next month and i have some fun money set aside for each of my girls. i also have a target red card so maybe i should get them a few dollars more and purchase gift cards!

my questions:

are the cards good at ANY location in downtown disney?

if you were to book on-site hotel accomodations do they work for that as well? do you have to book directly through disney to use them for this purpose?

THANKS!

How does the Target pharmacy "stack" an extra 5%?

Does that mean you purchase them at the pharmacy window?

Just wondering if anyone has used ABC Gift Cards to buy theirs? They're a buy/sell/trade site, and I'm thinking of going through them for a few cards. They state they are only good for US Disney stores, or DisneyStore.com, not park admission, which is fine - but I'm wondering if WOD is considered Disney Store?

How does the Target pharmacy "stack" an extra 5%?

Does that mean you purchase them at the pharmacy window?

No. You have to earn a Pharmacy Rewards 5% off certificate by filling 5 prescriptions at Target (and being enrolled in the Pharmacy Rewards program) as described above. Then they mail you a certificate for 5% off a day of shopping (valid throughout the store) which then 'stacks' with your every day red card 5% for a total of ~10% off (they apply sequentially so its really 9.75% off)

i am new to this disney gift card thing....we are going next month and i have some fun money set aside for each of my girls. i also have a target red card so maybe i should get them a few dollars more and purchase gift cards!

my questions:

if you were to book on-site hotel accomodations do they work for that as well? do you have to book directly through disney to use them for this purpose?

THANKS!

I don't think all stores in Dtd accept them, but I know we used them at "non Disney" locations in January.

Onsite hotels do take them. You'd have to book through Disney, aaa or Costco travel. You can't use them if you book through orbitz or getawaytoday, etc. they can be used for room only or package reservations.

My Target (San Mateo, CA) only has $25 and $50 cards. I have seen one report on here of $100 cards at a target near the holidays but I've never seen them at mine (even at the holidays).

Thanks Pharmama,

Looks like I'll have to trek in to a local store and see what they have. I checked online and they only show the $50.00 ones but out of stock online...

Thank you for the clarification Pharmama! Appreciate it very much.
I just ran to Target and purchased some cards. Hey every 5% is a free churro!!!

I wanted to add that the Target Pharmacy Rewards is a rolling reward program. You get a 5% off certificate for EVERY 5 prescriptions you fill, not just the first 5. I had a bunch of sick kids in Feb-Mar and earned 3 of the 5% off rewards in a 7 week timespan (eek!). All in all, I'd rather my kids didn't get sick, but the certificates are nice!

my questions:

THANKS!

They do work for onsite hotel accommodations. I don't think any other company would take them for payment other than Disney, could be wrong, maybe some TAs do.

And no, they cannot be used at any location DTD, some places, like WOD, accept them all the time, some places, like Tortilla Joe's, have restrictions, and other places, like Lego store, do not accept them at all.

Another advantage might be that you would like to lock in the exchange rate if you are travelling from overseas

Does this mean you can purchase them from overseas:confused:, I'm from Australia and i've been looking for a way to by a couple of cards (preferably the halloween theme ones) for our trip in Oct. but the disney store will only ship the GCs to a US address.

Can I buy them from a different store? I would rather buy them before we arrive in the states so that i can give them to the kids on their birthdays.

Do the little stands such as popcorn / churro stands also take the gift cards? Maybe a better question would be: Is there any place in the Parks that do NOT take the gift cards?

This will help me plan on how much to have on gift cards and how much cash I will need on hand.

Apologies if this question was already answered in previous posts but I didn't see anything about it.

Basically the only places in the parks that don't take them are the people walking around selling stuff (like balloons) and the glass/crystal shops. I'm also not 100% sure about the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain.

The churro carts etc definitely do take them.

pharmama said:
Basically the only places in the parks that don't take them are the people walking around selling stuff (like balloons) and the glass/crystal shops. I'm also not 100% sure about the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain.

The churro carts etc definitely do take them.

Can you use them at the ice cream, soda carts & pretzel carts too? ? I thought they only accepted cash.. I could be wrong its just an assumption...

Can you use them at the ice cream, soda carts & pretzel carts too? ? I thought they only accepted cash.. I could be wrong its just an assumption...

Yes you can. They are not cash only.

I love getting the gift cards from Target and will continue to do so, but I wanted to share my story. I know it's not the norm....but......

Last November we stayed at GCH and I decided to buy a whole bunch of gift cards at target to cover the hotel cost. So I walked up to the registration desk with $1200 worth of $50 gift cards. I had taken a picture of each one (I read once that if they got lost you could somehow recoup the amount). My mom was with me as well and only had $400 worth of gift cards. So the CM checked her in first and ran each gift card in front of us and wa-la she's checked in. Then she saw my stack. She watched me count out the exact amount I needed. She claimed she didn't want to run them all at the front desk, so she went back in the office. My husband had joined us at that time. I had to go pick up our park tickets at the booth, so I told him to finish checking in and we'd meet at the plaza. He comes back to tell me that we still owe $350 on the hotel. WHAT????? I run back, make sure to speak with the same CM and she said, I'm sorry you only gave me $850 worth of gift cards, YOU must have miscounted. So then I tried to call the # on the back of the gift cards to put a tag on the cards or something. I didn't want this lady using my money. Guess what, they can't help you on the weekends...lovely. So after going back and forth and begging them to help me. I got a "I'm sorry, you're out of luck, you owe $350" :furious: Fortunately, there was a happy ending. We received 2 phone calls, one on the cell phone and one in our room. One call said they were found in the lobby on a table. One call said they were found in the office underneath some paperwork. A little sketchy if you ask me. But whatever.

Moral of the story: Make sure they run the gift cards in front of you. Make sure you scratch off the entire number on the back of the gift card and take a picture. Make sure you know the name of the CM that checks you in. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter