Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
a while back someone posted a chart with the different retailers and denominations of the gift cards with the percentage saved. has anyone calculated it lately? I was at sams club yesterday and they had $75 $150 and $500 cards.

I remember this too, it was so helpful! Mystery DISer hope you're seeing your work here is needed! :D

Last edited:
Bought $150 Office Depot Happy Guys cards with a $20 off special today. Chase also allowed me to add a Office depot coupon to my credit card for another $10 off. Hoping to turn these cards into Dinsey gift cards this morning. Will report back but this would be a 20% savings.

Update: Success using self checkout. 3 transactions for $50 each and paid via credit card (IE: Happy guy gift card).
What store did you use the Happy Guy Gift Card at to buy the Disney GCs? Can you both buy and use the GCs at Office Depot?

What store did you use the Happy Guy Gift Card at to buy the Disney GCs? Can you both buy and use the GCs at Office Depot?

Used Home Depot to get the Dsiney gift cards via Happy Guy gift cards purchased at Office Depot ($150-$20 sale-$10 Chase Coupon = $120 for $150).

Kroger Shoppers

Kroger has added $5 off Visa/MC - I used mine and thought it read "Best Customer" so, YMMV.
and
$4 off when you buy ONE (1) Multipak Visa® gift card. * Restrictions Apply. See Store for Details. (redeem 12/1/18-12/31/18)

Best Buy / Swagbucks is 3% so a nice conversion rate.

a while back someone posted a chart with the different retailers and denominations of the gift cards with the percentage saved. has anyone calculated it lately? I was at sams club yesterday and they had $75 $150 and $500 cards.

Was it this?

DGC_WarehousePrices_12012018.jpg

That's my sheet I updated today (12/1/2018) for BJ's vs Sam's as they're the only ones I know with discount on the retail price. I added in the new $75 pack at Sam's now and BJ's is now giving free shipping on the $500 GC too (but it's still not the best discount). All online prices accurate as of today, in store prices from the last week or two.

Best value is still the $150 multi pack online at Sam's, second best is either the $75 multi pack at Sam's or the $100's at BJ's.
Edit: Best value in terms of straight discount. As we all know there are various schemes that can get better values.

The verbiage on the Happy Guy offer is "Save $10 on your grocery purchase when you buy $50 or more in Happy Guy Gift Cards ($10 minimum grocery spend required)". Additional fine print is the usual 'can't be used for tobacco, alcohol, gift cards, etc.' and can only be redeemed once. My interpretation is that you need to purchase the $10 in groceries at the same time you buy the Happy card. What I'm not sure about is if you'd need to do separate transactions if you're redeeming for different Happy cards. This offer comes up as a "coupon" on their app. Again, I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say if you need to activate the offer in the app or if it comes up automatically with your savings card. I just spend the last $20 in grocery coupons I got from SnS's last promotion, so when our bulging pantry empties up a bit again, I'll be doing this deal. It's listed as being on until 12/12/18.

Please do post what you find. I'd like to stack if possible because a) I don't usually use Stop and Shop, so making a separate trip for each GC is going to get old fast, and b) I don't want to have to spend $10 to get the "free" $10 every time. I don't really have that much storage space for non-perishables and frozen foods.

I'm also wondering if I can stack several of the $10 grocery coupons when I redeem, so I don't have to - again - do a bunch of $10 shopping trips. If I could do, say, $50 using 5 coupons, that would work much better.

Please do post what you find. I'd like to stack if possible because a) I don't usually use Stop and Shop, so making a separate trip for each GC is going to get old fast, and b) I don't want to have to spend $10 to get the "free" $10 every time. I don't really have that much storage space for non-perishables and frozen foods.

I'm also wondering if I can stack several of the $10 grocery coupons when I redeem, so I don't have to - again - do a bunch of $10 shopping trips. If I could do, say, $50 using 5 coupons, that would work much better.
For this offer it’s $10 off your current purchase so you’d need to activate the coupon and buy the gc with $10 of groceries. The last $20 off $100 came in the form of a printed coupon that needed to be used be a certain date and you could buy the groceries later. I’m thinking with this you could buy 2 happy cards but should then have $20 worth of groceries. The lady and I believe dining are in the weekly ad so shouldn’t need to be activated.

For this offer it’s $10 off your current purchase so you’d need to activate the coupon and buy the gc with $10 of groceries. The last $20 off $100 came in the form of a printed coupon that needed to be used be a certain date and you could buy the groceries later. I’m thinking with this you could buy 2 happy cards but should then have $20 worth of groceries. The lady and I believe dining are in the weekly ad so shouldn’t need to be activated.

Yes, I did the $20 and $15 off $100 at Shop Rite (can use the $15 starting tomorrow). But since they were only one use per customer, there was no occasion to redeem more than one coupon at a time. I'm wondering if Stop and Shop will be different because it looks like you can do the deal several times with the same account by buying different Happy cards, so you could legitimately have several $10 credits that would all be valid concurrently.

Yes, I did the $20 and $15 off $100 at Shop Rite (can use the $15 starting tomorrow). But since they were only one use per customer, there was no occasion to redeem more than one coupon at a time. I'm wondering if Stop and Shop will be different because it looks like you can do the deal several times with the same account by buying different Happy cards, so you could legitimately have several $10 credits that would all be valid concurrently.
Yes but you’d need to purchase that much in groceries the same trip but I’m sure you can do multiple (different) Happy cards.

I should know this, but I only recently got a Sam's card so haven't kept up with Sam's rules. Walmart GC can be used at Sam's to buy Disney, correct? How many walmart GCs can be used online at one time? Thanks!

I should know this, but I only recently got a Sam's card so haven't kept up with Sam's rules. Walmart GC can be used at Sam's to buy Disney, correct? How many walmart GCs can be used online at one time? Thanks!

I can answer your first question and that is correct at least as of about 2 months ago I was able to buy Disney Gift Cards with Wal Mart gift cards on Sam's Club online. I just can't recall how many but I believe it's 4.

You can use 4 GC's, IIRC. I buy Disney GC's from Sam's all the time but I rarely have more than 2 GC's.

Was it this?

View attachment 367844

That's my sheet I updated today (12/1/2018) for BJ's vs Sam's as they're the only ones I know with discount on the retail price. I added in the new $75 pack at Sam's now and BJ's is now giving free shipping on the $500 GC too (but it's still not the best discount). All online prices accurate as of today, in store prices from the last week or two.

Best value is still the $150 multi pack online at Sam's, second best is either the $75 multi pack at Sam's or the $100's at BJ's.
Edit: Best value in terms of straight discount. As we all know there are various schemes that can get better values.
yes!!! I have been looking for this, thank you for updating:goodvibes

I haven't been following along good on the happy guy GCs. But thinking of running to Off depot today. The $150, it can be made up of several GCs right....like 3-$50 ones?

Just an FYI, the Home Depot which I had no problem buying gift cards a few weeks ago at the self checkout would not even let me ring up one $50 gift card last night...had to go to an actual cashier. That being said, I had no problem using the $150 happy guy card.

I haven't been following along good on the happy guy GCs. But thinking of running to Off depot today. The $150, it can be made up of several GCs right....like 3-$50 ones?

The sale ended Dec.1. The Happy Guys were variable values; you tell the cashier how much you want on the card.

I'm wondering what would happen if you bought merchandise @ Target with one of their gift cards and then tried to bring it back and exchange for Disney gift cards instead. Wonder if that's a way to circumvent the no gift cards bought with gift cards rule.

I'm wondering what would happen if you bought merchandise @ Target with one of their gift cards and then tried to bring it back and exchange for Disney gift cards instead. Wonder if that's a way to circumvent the no gift cards bought with gift cards rule.

Not going to work. They'd put the money back on the gift card you used or if you no longer have that gift card they'll issue you a new card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter