• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh. Waited about 50 minutes for BJ's customer service and let them know I had 10 cards missing. They said they would look into it and get back to me within 1-2 business days. Fingers crossed that they can track this stuff. If they can't then there is nothing to stop their workers from pocketing them which makes 0 sense for the company. For the moment, I am hopeful...

My very first order from BJ's during the previous 8% promotion I had a somewhat similar problem. I ordered 3 $500 and 1 $100 Disney gift cards. I received all the cards but one of the $500 was not activated. There were 4 activation slips in my envelope but there were 2 copies of the slip for the $100 one and one each for the $500's that worked.

I called and they asked whether I wanted a refund or the card activated. Of course I said activate the card and they took down all the numbers from the card and the cardboard package and said it would take 2 to 3 business days. This was on a Friday.

I gave them until Wednesday and I called back. They apologized and said that they could see my open case, had all the info they needed and couldn't understand why it wasn't done. They claimed that they were going to put a "rush" on it and I would hear something within 2 days.

2 days later still nothing so I called again. This time not so nice, especially since I was leaving for Disney the next morning. They again claimed that they could see both previous requests and since I was going there so soon they would have it done within 24 hours.

At this point I didn't really have confidence it was going to happen and I figured oh well I'm not going to let it ruin my vacation as I already had enough gift cards for this trip.

The following Wednesday, while on vacation, I decided to call again. This time they claimed to have emailed me 2 days prior stating they were unable to activate the card and were going to process a refund and recommend that I re-order. I saw no such email. The person assured me that the refund was processed.

I complained that I would not get the same price and they said that the sale was ending that day (Halloween). Considering the amount of positive reviews on here I chalked it up to an anomoly and went ahead and ordered 5 $100 cards and got the same price. The next day my refund posted. I've since received the 5 cards and they were all fine.

So everything worked out fine but their communication throughout the process was God awful.

Did the HD self checkout several times. Would ring up 3, $50 cards to hit $150, use the happy guy gift card, then just do it again. Did this a few times. No one ever said a single word to me. Thanks for the self checkout tips!
I tried to put through 3 $50 Disney gift cards at HD in a single, self check-out transaction, as a credit card payment, using a Happy Guy GC. That triggered an error, causing employees to come over. They told me I can't buy GCs with a GC, but I showed them the back of the Happy Guy card that said to process as a credit card transaction. I suggested we try a single $50 Disney card, so they deleted two cards, and we tried again; it went through. We then tried the other two $50 cards together, but got the error message, so they walked over to their register to process, and the transaction went through. If I try again, I will only process one $50 GC at a time.

Last edited:
I have been told I cannot do this. Pretty sure it is true for all HEBs, but I was only told this at one and didn't try another one. Just curious if you have the Disney gift card offer in your account? I have 3 accounts I have access to - me, husband, sister- and I only found it in my account. I "clipped" the digital coupon early this morning on mine and then looked later at the other 2.

Thank you!! Make sure you update the app, I didn't see the coupon until I updated.

Nope. They shut that down awhile ago. It used to work, but no more. It's okay, I shop there regularly so $25 for groceries is still a big win!

Same, I will take $25! Better than the $10 they had a while back.

You aren't stacking an offer. You are buying a gift card at 10% off, then you are coming back and using the gift card, purchased at a discount, to pay for the merchandise you are buying with your 20% off coupon.
Oh, so are talking about two separate transactions.

Oh, so are talking about two separate transactions.

One transaction to get the 20% off coupon. One transaction to buy the gift cards at 10% off. Return for your next transaction (large purchase I assume of around $375 since 20% off is a total of $300) to use the $300 in gift cards and 20% coupon. So $270 spent on $375 worth of Target merchandise in your last transaction.

You aren't stacking an offer. You are buying a gift card at 10% off, then you are coming back and using the gift card, purchased at a discount, to pay for the merchandise you are buying with your 20% off coupon.
Yep - that was what I meant!

I just have to say that I hate the ladies at my local BB&B. They are a suspicious, rule following bunch ... even when the rules they are following are wrong! I tried to use my Happy Lady card for $150 Disney gift card and like a dummy I handed the Happy Lady card over to the cashier. I had not read though the last few pages of the thread other than to learn of the promo so I wasn't sure how they were used. She said, "I can't accept a gift card for a gift card!" I pointed out that it said "Please ring up as 'credit'" on the back but she ran to her manager who called the issuer and came over to shut me down. She even said to me that it was ILLEGAL to use a gift card to buy a gift card. I asked them to please try it as a credit card since it says to do so on the back and see if it would go though and the manager sniffed, "I can't do that! I would be violating FEDERAL law!"

I left that BB&B, drove over to the other BB&B across town, picked up 3 $50 cards and simply swiped the card without showing it to the cashier. Everything went perfectly fine.

I tried to put through 3 $50 Disney gift cards at HD in a single, self check-out transaction, as a credit card payment, using a Happy Guy GC. That triggered an error, causing employees to come over. They told me I can't buy GCs with a GC, but I showed them the back of the Happy Guy card that said to process as a credit card transaction. I suggested we try a single $50 Disney card, so they deleted two cards, and we tried again; it went through. We then tried the other two $50 cards together, but got the error message, so they walked over to their register to process, and the transaction went through. If I try again, I will only process one $50 GC at a time.

This is what I have been doing and haven't gotten the popup again. I just purchase one $50 Disney GC, pay with the Happy Guy, then the second and third in separate transactions.

RE: Happy GUY Gift Card - Buyer Beware!

I purchased the Happy Guy GC at Office Max on 11/27 "Buy $150 Get $20 Off" and tried to purchase a Coleman Cooler online via Home Depot. The card would NOT work. Stated "Error. Missing numbers" so I called to hold the item for me. Went to Home Depot and card would not work at all. They tried everything but they got the same message. They called the GC company and was told there is a balance of $150 on the card, try this, try that nothing worked. I was told by the GC company I had two options: Use the card at another store or get a refund.

Since the whole purpose was to use it at Home Depot, I opted for a full refund. I was told I have to wait 30 DAYS. At the height of holiday shopping, are you kidding me!?! One and done, never again.

We are updating our Kitchen so I need Best Buy Gift Cards for the appliances and Home Depot, Lowe's gift cards for the hardware, paint etc.

FYI - The Coleman is a great deal!

Coleman Offer: https://slickdeals.net/f/12362044-c...t-24-97-w-free-in-store-pickup?src=SiteSearch

Last edited:
Are Happy cards on sale anywhere but OD/OM? There used to be a couple near me, but they shut down a year or two ago, and now there are none in the state. I think the closest one to me is like 35 miles away.

Are Happy cards on sale anywhere but OD/OM? There used to be a couple near me, but they shut down a year or two ago, and now there are none in the state. I think the closest one to me is like 35 miles away.

I don't know where you're located, but Stop and Shop is offering $10 in free groceries with the purchase of a $50 Happy GC (your pick). I believe it's limit one per type, but I haven't tried.

I just have to say that I hate the ladies at my local BB&B. They are a suspicious, rule following bunch ... even when the rules they are following are wrong! I tried to use my Happy Lady card for $150 Disney gift card and like a dummy I handed the Happy Lady card over to the cashier. I had not read though the last few pages of the thread other than to learn of the promo so I wasn't sure how they were used. She said, "I can't accept a gift card for a gift card!" I pointed out that it said "Please ring up as 'credit'" on the back but she ran to her manager who called the issuer and came over to shut me down. She even said to me that it was ILLEGAL to use a gift card to buy a gift card. I asked them to please try it as a credit card since it says to do so on the back and see if it would go though and the manager sniffed, "I can't do that! I would be violating FEDERAL law!"

I left that BB&B, drove over to the other BB&B across town, picked up 3 $50 cards and simply swiped the card without showing it to the cashier. Everything went perfectly fine.

That is incredibly demeaning and unacceptable. I'd be writing a letter to corporate ASAP! Sorry you went through that.

Apple products are excluded right with the 20% off? I pretended like I didn’t care about Black Friday now wish I would’ve purchased a discounted IPad at $250 with the red card discount and got the 20% off code. You can always count on Apple being excluded lol.

Your story is very common with BB&B. Actually every single part down to accusing you of being a criminal has been reported by others here. I’m glad you found another store willing to do it, many people are shot down at their BB&B. (And fighting just draws the Happy company’s attention and the stores’ attention to the fact that this is possible and that’s not good for us as it could lead to changes in the terminology on the back of the cards.)

Your story is very common with BB&B. Actually every single part down to accusing you of being a criminal has been reported by others here. I’m glad you found another store willing to do it, many people are shot down at their BB&B. (And fighting just draws the Happy company’s attention and the stores’ attention to the fact that this is possible and that’s not good for us as it could lead to changes in the terminology on the back of the cards.)
I didn't fight with them. The cashier ran over to her manager and the stoopid manager called. I know better than to make a fuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter