Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are mistaken. I believe that was 2 years ago. If I recall correctly it ran 2 weeks in early Dec (though Disney was not actually supposed to be part of it the one week but the ad didn’t specify only select cards were included so many stores honored it on Disney cards). That year the 10% off gift cards happened later in Dec (the Sunday right before Christmas). That was after the buy 2 get $5 target gift card promo was over.
Plus, it was buy two $25 gift cards and get a free $5 gift card. I remember going to every Target and scrounging for the $25 Disney gift cards, LOL. That was a good deal: an easy 15% off with the Red Card.

My wife and I each bought a $300 Target GC today at self checkout. I had $45 in free GCs from various rewards sites, plus a $20 VISA GC from a rebate that I used towards mine, so we got $600 in GCs for $475 OOP. I don’t have a Discover card unfortunately so I just used my AmEx for the extra 1% back.

Thank you for the heads up on the Best Buy $10 offer! I have a few movies and video games I still need to pick up for Christmas gifts so I’ll get them at BB for the extra $10 back.

Anyone know if there is a limit on how much in Disney gcs you can buy per transaction with target gift cards at self check?

So for the Best Buy $10 offer, does anyone know if there is a code or anything to enter to get it? I have something more than $10 to buy with store pick-up, but when I go to checkout I don't see anything that tells me if I qualified for the $10 savings code or not.

I'm sorry being so late, no there is no code. In my post I used the online chat and made sure I would get $10 promo. I also made a copy of the chat as backup.

EDIT: Clink this link: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/page-1472#post-58534208"]Post #29421[/URL]

I only tried to get the target gcs online - I was more successful doing it earlier in the morning versus later. Maybe they tightened up things to catch double dippers? That or there were other problems with the emails/credit cards/IP addresses used that aren't apparent to me. Anyway, wish I had made the long trip to a target store, I think I would have gotten more that way, as it is only 4 of the many transactions I tried went through.

Many thanks @Lain , @SUSIEQ , @havaneselover and @robinb

We went to Kroger purchased one $300 Target GC and used 4x fuel promo.
Then went to Target and purchased Target GC via self check-out.
When I got home I went online and purchased one $300 Target GC with my Discover.

Tomorrow is Best Buy day, I'll take care of the three $15 promos and two remaining $150 and pick up my two $10 Roblox Gift Cards!

FYI - While DH made the Target GC purchase I went to Customer Service to return a beauty box (12 Days of Beauty $15). Now I purchased this with my redcard and $5 GC about a month ago. My husband also purchased one during "Spend $50 get 20% Coupon" promo but he used my redcard. I told the cashier this, I told her to make sure it was being returned on the correct order, but she didn't. I got back $11.XX and didn't get my $5 GC back. I wasn't rude just not happy, she did end up giving me a $5 GC. DH wanted to look around (stay with me fellow DISer's we're getting to the good part!) We bought XXXX and used up the remaining balance on the Target GC and I gave him the $5 I just received but it wouldn't work! So the cashier added $5 manually and gave me back the $5 GC for a future purchase! PRETTY NICE!

I haven't shopped at Target in a long time.

Anyone know if there is a limit on how much in Disney gcs you can buy per transaction with target gift cards at self check?

I'm not sure if there is one. I will share my experience last year buying multiple $50 Disney GCs (they were out of $100). I grabbed 20 cards and went to the register (not self-check). The cashier rang up all of the cards and I used my RedCard for the purchase and then nothing. No receipt. The register was dead (or so we thought). She called over a supervisor and they were puzzled as well. Then a few moments later the receipt started to print. The reason was that the system was activating all of the cards and it was taking some time.

This year, I'm only going to buy the $100 Disney GCs a few at a time over the next few days. My trip isn't until the end of January so no rush for me.

Where are the Disney gift cards at target? Yesterday I only saw target gift cards and visa/MasterCard gift cards by the register. Where do they keep the Disney ones?

Where are the Disney gift cards at target? Yesterday I only saw target gift cards and visa/MasterCard gift cards by the register. Where do they keep the Disney ones?

Different Targets keep them in different sections. Good places to look are in electronics (some have a huge display of tons of gift cards) or near the greeting cards (often on an end cap near there) - or both!

FWIW: I was at Target at 8 AM EST to try grabbing my Disney gc. I figured since my receipt simply said it was active on 12/4 then I'd give it try. Went through self-checkout and purchased them without any issues. As a pp mentioned, it did take a minute for the register to activate them all and spit out my receipt. The target employee had just stepped over to see if there was a problem when it finally finished up.

I bought a egiftcard as a gift for someone and that emailed receipt does say not active till 10 CT so perhaps it's just the egiftcards?

FWIW: I was at Target at 8 AM EST to try grabbing my Disney gc. I figured since my receipt simply said it was active on 12/4 then I'd give it try. Went through self-checkout and purchased them without any issues. As a pp mentioned, it did take a minute for the register to activate them all and spit out my receipt. The target employee had just stepped over to see if there was a problem when it finally finished up.

I bought a egiftcard as a gift for someone and that emailed receipt does say not active till 10 CT so perhaps it's just the egiftcards?
Yippee. I’m headed to target as soon as I escape the dentist!

The good news with these deals is I end up saving more money. The bad news is I stop at stores more often and sometimes end up with unplanned purchases :laughing: I ended up getting $1500 in gift cards. Stopped at one store, went to self check-out on one end for just a gift card. Had a few problems. First one was I tried to use the flimsy FWP cards, which is what I did last year. Then I had a $270 gc I got at Kroger to pay, and I had never seen the second bar code on the gift card before. The employee helped me with no hesitation over buying gc with gc.

I walked around the store while I called DH to make sure we didn't need any last minute items for dinner. I ended up finding 2 shirts for work on clearance for $3 :) so I took those down to self checkout on the other end of the store. Rang up those and my gift card, then pulled out my stack of gcs to buy it with, about $170ish. Try to scan the first FWP $5 card, and it gives an error message. Employee comes over and tells me (in a voice like I'm not very smart) that I can't use it if I just scanned it (like I had bought something to trigger the $5 gc, and then tried to pay with it immediately). I told him it was one from several weeks ago, and I was told "Well that message means there's nothing on it and we can't do anything for you." I was already a bit grumpy for being held over at work, so this did not improve my mood. Normally I'm pretty OCD about keeping receipts but I can't find the one where that card was activated, and I always toss gcs right away after using so I don't think I used it. Oh well, it's $5, but it was more that the guy's tone/atttitude made me want to smack him :rotfl:

I had also seen something that would make a great gift for my MIL but they didn't have her size, so I stopped at the other Target that's on my way home and found that, plus grabbed another gift card. I split that one into $250 and $50 because I wanted the $50 one for a gift.

Then last night I decided to go ahead and grab one on my online account and one on DH's with each of our Discover cards. We're doing a 3 day (just turned 4 day last night) trip in 2 weeks for Christmas stuff, and then we're going again at the end of January for 5 days, so I felt like this was going to be one of the better discounts in that period of time.

Overall I paid just under $1200 OOP for $1500 plus around $25 in gas rewards.

Last edited:
The good news with these deals is I end up saving more money. The bad news is I stop at stores more often and sometimes end up with unplanned purchases :laughing: ...
I went to Costco yesterday just for baguettes- full cart of sudden Xmas inspiration later & that's the most expensive bread I've ever bought! (My sole accomplishment yesterday was not buying the adorable front yard Xmas moose with its head tangled in Xmas lights, at least I could say I said no to something!)

I thought we had to wait until 10:00! I'm on my way out to target now. The plan is to buy them in $300 chunks.

I bought $600 worth of Disney GC at self-checkout this morning using my Target GC bought yesterday. The employee told me to use the gun to scan the Disney GC. Top barcode first, then bottom. It worked and I paid with my discounted Target cards. The receipt took about one minute to print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter