Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we get around the $300 limit is using the app? I placed my first order but we’re heading to Disneyland for the day. I can’t get into a target store today. Thanks.

Could someone confirm back that they were able to get a target card with a target card today? I have a meijer right next to my target and I wanted to double dip, but I'm always worried when the deal goes live that I won't be able to.

So can I buy the Disney gift card online with my Target gift card or will I have to do that in store? And has anyone been able to make multiple purchases of $300 with the same credit card?

I ran into Target first thing this morning since we have a busy day planned and I knew it would be my only chance. I only needed $325 left for our trip. I had $15 in Target gc from different promos. I put $300 on the first gc and $25 on the second in two separate transaction at self-checkout. No problems. $325 worth of Target gc for only $277.50 (10% off + the $15 in Target gcs I had)! Plus I used my Discover It card for my 5% cashback (and bonus 5% for being in my first year) so I'll receive an additional $27.75 back. I'll be headed back tomorrow to snag the Disney gc. Then we leave for our trip next Sunday!!

How long does it take for target to restock Disney cards? I’m hoping to buy $1500 in target cards tomorrow and turn them into Disney cards on Monday. My final payment is due in ten days and I’m hoping to use it for this. Is this cutting it too close? Anything I need to be aware of?

I double checked my Target's Disney gc inventory first because when I was there Friday night they were very very low and it made me nervous. Today they were fully stocked again! So perhaps that will be the case for you.

Could someone confirm back that they were able to get a target card with a target card today? I have a meijer right next to my target and I wanted to double dip, but I'm always worried when the deal goes live that I won't be able to.

I successfully used two Target gc to purchase my discounted Target gc. I went through self-checkout.

I almost screwed myself up before even leaving the house for Target. I just got the Discover It card with the 5% categories, literally got it Friday night. I made sure to activate the card and I used it for some purchases yesterday so when I hit up the gift cards today it wouldn't look like fraud (hopefully). However, not until this morning when I setup my online access for it did I realize that for Discover you only earn the bonus starting on the Activation date! I'm used to Chase where it's retroactive for the whole period as long as you activate it before the period ends. So I'm good now and for 1st qtr 2018, but that was close!

Now to see what kind of damage I can do with it...

Is there somewhere on the Discover site that I can quickly find out how much I've earned to date for the quarterly bonus? I've not spent much at Target but have at Amazon and want to see how much I have to spend until I'm at $1,500.

Anyone familiar with Hilton Gift Cards? AmEx has an offer for a $10 stmt credit when you buy a $50 (or more) Hilton gift card, good 4x. There's a shipping fee for each order, min $1.95, so in total $8 off which isn't too bad. But is there any trouble using multiple gift cards on a single reservation? We don't stay at Hilton properties much but next year I think we are going to for at least 1 night so I'd like to use a couple to pay for that.

Is there somewhere on the Discover site that I can quickly find out how much I've earned to date for the quarterly bonus? I've not spent much at Target but have at Amazon and want to see how much I have to spend until I'm at $1,500.

I don't think they do, but I use the Search feature to total up the eligible purchases myself. You can search by merchant name (or categories) and then set the dates to your bonus period to see what should be eligible.

Anyone familiar with Hilton Gift Cards? AmEx has an offer for a $10 stmt credit when you buy a $50 (or more) Hilton gift card, good 4x. There's a shipping fee for each order, min $1.95, so in total $8 off which isn't too bad. But is there any trouble using multiple gift cards on a single reservation? We don't stay at Hilton properties much but next year I think we are going to for at least 1 night so I'd like to use a couple to pay for that.

We just got back from the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista yesterday. I bought 4 with the offer not knowing if we would be eating/drinking there (stay was on points)- so didn't need to use them. I did, however, talk to the desk people and they assured me that they could be used for room charges as long as you tell them at checkout before they charge your credit card on file.

Can Shop Your Way rewards be used to purchase gift cards at KMart? My wife got an email that she has $27 in Shop Your Way rewards to use at KMart that expire on Tuesday. There’s a long list of exclusions on them, “gift cards” aren’t specifically listed but it does say “items not sold by Sears or KMart” which is vague and I’m thinking could include 3rd party gift cards. Anyone know the rules on these?

We just got back from the Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista yesterday. I bought 4 with the offer not knowing if we would be eating/drinking there (stay was on points)- so didn't need to use them. I did, however, talk to the desk people and they assured me that they could be used for room charges as long as you tell them at checkout before they charge your credit card on file.

Great, thanks! I know some places are odd and you can only use 1 gift card or have a max that can be applied. We'd probably need 3 for the 1 night and after that have no idea when we'd stay at another one again :)

I don't think they do, but I use the Search feature to total up the eligible purchases myself. You can search by merchant name (or categories) and then set the dates to your bonus period to see what should be eligible.

Thank you so much for that! I like how it totals up all the "Amazon" transactions or "Target" transactions in a set period of time. Kind of silly there's not some sort of graph that tracks your amount spent in the quarterly bonus categories though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter