Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this saves me a trip to Best Buy this morning after work. My gift cards have variable PIN codes, but all 3 of my $15 codes end in '000'. I had them all printed out and ready to go. I went back and checked the email; like previous posters, the link in the email comes up as "Page not found."

My husband and I found the time to find something else we could use to buy that wouldn't be gift cards at all, but they wouldn't work on product purchases either.
It definitely sounded like a system issue when it couldn't even be used on a product.

Maybe there will be some form of remuneration for the screw up. Us DIS folks are all dreamers, right? LOL

This isn't specifically Disney gift card related, but it is related to my Disney gift card experience at Target. On Thursday, I bought a $25 Disney gift card, a $7 pair of tights and $80 worth of groceries at Target. I used $25 worth of FWP gift cards (to cover the Disney gift card) and put the rest of the $87 bill on my Target Red Card. Well, my daughter didn't need the tights so I returned them today, with the receipt. The cashier said that since I paid with a gift card, the ONLY option I had for a refund was a gift card. HUH?? I pointed out that I paid over $80 on my RedCard too. Then she said that the only thing she could do was refund me with another gift card or cash. Since it was only $7, I took the gift card. If it had been any more, I would have taken the cash and then immediately made the payment on my RedCard. My lesson learned is that from now on, when I "convert" my gift cards to Disney gift cards, I will do them on a separate transaction or on a grocery transaction that will not contain any returnable items.

It looks like the Best Buy Promo Codes have been corrected. Got an email this morning with the replacements. I'm off to BB to get my Disney card. Wish me luck! :shamrock:
Good luck! Let us know if it works, please.

I’m on day 3 of nothing going right. Went to Kroger to buy prepaid MasterCards to use to buy target cards for tomorrow’s deal. Of course I only got 2x points. I went to customer service and was told the wait to call Kroger to fix it was too long so I asked for the number to call myself. I called and was told the fixed amount visas and mcs only get 2x fuel points unless there is a specific coupon for them??? She adjusted it as a courtesy. I was supposed to earn 2000 but I earned 1000. She gave me another 450 and I asked why I got 450 more and she said she didn’t realize I had bought five $100 cards. Then she game me another 2000??? I just gave up.

This isn't specifically Disney gift card related, but it is related to my Disney gift card experience at Target. On Thursday, I bought a $25 Disney gift card, a $7 pair of tights and $80 worth of groceries at Target. I used $25 worth of FWP gift cards (to cover the Disney gift card) and put the rest of the $87 bill on my Target Red Card. Well, my daughter didn't need the tights so I returned them today, with the receipt. The cashier said that since I paid with a gift card, the ONLY option I had for a refund was a gift card. HUH?? I pointed out that I paid over $80 on my RedCard too. Then she said that the only thing she could do was refund me with another gift card or cash. Since it was only $7, I took the gift card. If it had been any more, I would have taken the cash and then immediately made the payment on my RedCard. My lesson learned is that from now on, when I "convert" my gift cards to Disney gift cards, I will do them on a separate transaction or on a grocery transaction that will not contain any returnable items.
That stinks. The bean counters have found a way to hold onto every penny they can.

I’m on day 3 of nothing going right. Went to Kroger to buy prepaid MasterCards to use to buy target cards for tomorrow’s deal. Of course I only got 2x points. I went to customer service and was told the wait to call Kroger to fix it was too long so I asked for the number to call myself. I called and was told the fixed amount visas and mcs only get 2x fuel points unless there is a specific coupon for them??? She adjusted it as a courtesy. I was supposed to earn 2000 but I earned 1000. She gave me another 450 and I asked why I got 450 more and she said she didn’t realize I had bought five $100 cards. Then she game me another 2000??? I just gave up.

She gave you 1,450 too much? Maybe it was worth the long phone call??!! The holds are always long when calling them - ugh!

Target's website says Disney GCs are not available within 100 miles of NYC. Seems odd.

I have found that the Disney GC's found on target's website is a different sku than the one used in-store. So even though the web says it's unavailable in store, the stores generally do actually have Disney GC's. BJ's seems to work the same way, the GC's online say 'not sold in stores' but they do indeed sell the same GC's in the stores. Sucks that you can't use it to track in-store inventory but I think they use it as an easy way to stop the buy-online-pick-up-in-store option.

I am assuming that the in-store target gift cards could sell out at sometime tomorrow, is that right? If so when is it advisable to get to there? Also, when do the gift cards go on sale on the website or when have they in the past in case that isn't known yet? I've never bought the target cards at the 10% discount. Sorry if I missed the answers, I've been trying to keep up with the post the last few days but don't remember these questions being answered. TIA!

I found this on another thread and thought it was interesting and would share: Apparently Disney is offering some people a free gift card in exchange for them opting out of room cleanings during their stay. More info here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/bypass-your-room-cleaning-for-free-disney.3651105/

I plan to ask at check in if we can participate. It would be cool to receive a gc upon leaving to start our savings for the next trip. :-)

I am assuming that the in-store target gift cards could sell out at sometime tomorrow, is that right? If so when is it advisable to get to there? Also, when do the gift cards go on sale on the website or when have they in the past in case that isn't known yet? I've never bought the target cards at the 10% discount. Sorry if I missed the answers, I've been trying to keep up with the post the last few days but don't remember these questions being answered. TIA!
I don't recall any reports of Targets selling out. My Target had tons of their own gift cards last year.

How long does it take for target to restock Disney cards? I’m hoping to buy $1500 in target cards tomorrow and turn them into Disney cards on Monday. My final payment is due in ten days and I’m hoping to use it for this. Is this cutting it too close? Anything I need to be aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter