Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is there a way to scale up the Target promo? Or is it pretty much a straight 10 percent off? ($270 for a $300 disney gift card)?

I don't think I'm going to max out the walmart chasepay 10x promotion this time, so it seems to me that's a better deal with buying the gift cards through sam's club, unless I'm missing something about the target promo.
Discover Card currently offers 5% cashback on the IT card for Target. So you net closer to 15% savings at Target.

Are the Target gift cards usually e-mailed instantly if bought online? I am planning to use mine for grocery shopping the next day, but if they're not instant (or relatively quick) I'll try to stop by my local store.

Discover Card currently offers 5% cashback on the IT card for Target. So you net closer to 15% savings at Target.

Oh, that's pretty good but I can't take advantage.

I also have the 500 MR points or $5 off at BBB on several cards for $25/spend so that's probably worth maxing out before Target if they sell $25 disney cards at my BBB. We have a disney trip coming up in a couple of months. Everything is paid for except dining and shopping and stuff and I'm having trouble knowing exactly how much to get on disney cards, and I don't want to overdo it.

I wish I had known about all this stuff back when we took a couple of disney cruises. Getting 15 to 20 percent cash back by accumulating gift cards would have been really nice. We have a big Royal Caribbean cruise coming up in a year or so and I wish there were a way to do something similar. If only you could trade disney gift cards for royal caribbean!

We have a big Royal Caribbean cruise coming up in a year or so and I wish there were a way to do something similar. If only you could trade disney gift cards for royal caribbean!

Newegg sells Royal Caribbean gift cards, and there is a current Amex offer for Newegg (buy $75 get $15 back). Not sure if there are restrictions on using RCCL gift cards though.

Newegg sells Royal Caribbean gift cards, and there is a current Amex offer for Newegg (buy $75 get $15 back). Not sure if there are restrictions on using RCCL gift cards though.

Thanks. The description says that it's only good for a new booking. I wonder if it would work toward an existing booking. Probably not going to chance it.

I just went to Bed Bath and Beyond to cash in on the AMEX deal which I had on two of my cards. "We don't sell any third party gift cards." Argh! So I guess it just depends.

Between DH and myself we have 5 potential cards for the AMEX deal with Lowes. Nothing!

I guess I will have to be happy with the Target gift card plan for now.

Has anyone tried using a Best Buy bonus $15 certificate in store for Disney gift cards yet? I heard from someone who said that the register (not the cashier's discretion) was not accepting the transaction.
I just tried at my Best Buy in NW Houston and transaction was declined. Manager said that someone else came in an hour earlier and was having the same problem with the cash star bonus certificates being rejected. I was given 888 number to call. Manager said they would combine all codes and mail 1 physical gift card. Called number and wait time was over 1 hour. Will try again later and report back.

I just went to Bed Bath and Beyond to cash in on the AMEX deal which I had on two of my cards. "We don't sell any third party gift cards." Argh! So I guess it just depends.

Between DH and myself we have 5 potential cards for the AMEX deal with Lowes. Nothing!

I guess I will have to be happy with the Target gift card plan for now.
Very few people got that Lowes deal, and I think very few people got the last Lowes deal as well fwiw. Some BB&Bs sell 3rd party, some don't. My hometown BB&B doesn't but the town I'm visiting right now does so if you find yourself in another town call up their BB&B and ask!

So, is there a way to scale up the Target promo? Or is it pretty much a straight 10 percent off? ($270 for a $300 disney gift card)?

I don't think I'm going to max out the walmart chasepay 10x promotion this time, so it seems to me that's a better deal with buying the gift cards through sam's club, unless I'm missing something about the target promo.

It depends on the credit cards you have. I plan to use my Discover It card because Target is the 5% cashback right now plus I'm still in my first year so they will double it to 10%. My total savings will be right under 20%. Check to see if any of your cards will give you an additional % back.

I just tried at my Best Buy in NW Houston and transaction was declined. Manager said that someone else came in an hour earlier and was having the same problem with the cash star bonus certificates being rejected. I was given 888 number to call. Manager said they would combine all codes and mail 1 physical gift card. Called number and wait time was over 1 hour. Will try again later and report back.

This is new. Please report back and post the 888 number when you can! Thanks!

I just went into Best Buy and was trying to jut do one transaction from the $15 w/$150. Two of my promo codes were declined and two were accepted.

I just went into Best Buy and was trying to jut do one transaction from the $15 w/$150. Two of my promo codes were declined and two were accepted.
So are you going to fight to get them accepted? What did the store tell you if anything to do?

I'm not involved in the BB turn right now but given this DP is it possible that the systems are just slow getting the promo codes activated?

This is new. Please report back and post the 888 number when you can! Thanks!

So are you going to fight to get them accepted? What did the store tell you if anything to do?
Just wondering...were the promo codes input as coupons or as gift cards? They have to be rung up as gift cards, not coupons, or they will not work. I haven't gone in to use mine yet, but I know this has happened in the past. When I combine my BB rewards with BB gift cards, the rewards have to be used first (as coupons) and then the gift cards are used as payment. With the cashstar codes, they have to be used as payment, not as coupons, or they will be rejected. I'm not sure if that's what happened, but it could explain it.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. The cashier did not seem like she was interested in helping me. She did verify there was $15 on each code. I'm thinking of calling and just saying the code was declined and see how they respond.

Just wondering...were the promo codes input as coupons or as gift cards? They have to be rung up as gift cards, not coupons, or they will not work. I haven't gone in to use mine yet, but I know this has happened in the past. When I combine my BB rewards with BB gift cards, the rewards have to be used first (as coupons) and then the gift cards are used as payment. With the cashstar codes, they have to be used as payment, not as coupons, or they will be rejected. I'm not sure if that's what happened, but it could explain it.

They were put in as a GC. I've flipped at this BB several times and this is the fist issue I've ever had. What I find interesting is two of the $15 code were accepted and two were declined. I think before I call I'll give it a day or two and go back and try to use them again.

I can't seem to find where the details on Target's 10% off starts. Sorry for asking info I am sure has already been posted. Do I need to show a coupon or anything, or just walk in a store on Sunday and buy $300 of Target Gift cards and it will automatically deduct the 10% at register? And then Monday I can use them to buy Disney gift cards? Thanks in advance.

I can't seem to find where the details on Target's 10% off starts. Sorry for asking info I am sure has already been posted. Do I need to show a coupon or anything, or just walk in a store on Sunday and buy $300 of Target Gift cards and it will automatically deduct the 10% at register? And then Monday I can use them to buy Disney gift cards? Thanks in advance.
Yes. Walk in store Sunday. No coupon required. Beginning some point Monday AM the gift card is activated and you should be able to buy Disney gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter