Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning the 10% off Target gift cards deal for Sunday. On Facebook Target officially responded to a question saying that you can purchase Disney gift cards with Target gift cards. I think I’ve successfully attach the screenshot of the conversation. So that will save us some more for upcoming trips.

Attachments

• 5338D6D2-BA39-423F-AC69-432467934685.png
    5338D6D2-BA39-423F-AC69-432467934685.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 154
Customer service would not combine my eGCs for me last week. I was told to spend them as they were. YMMV

I find this so frustrating for both me and the cashiers. I don't understand the reasoning behind taking the Combine feature away from the app. Now I have to make the poor cashier scan a whole bunch of $5 Target gift cards from Bing.

Thanks for all the great info on this thread! If I buy a Target GC at Staples for the 5x, can I then go into Target on Sunday and buy a Target GC with the Target GC? I have used a Target GC to get a Disney GC, but didn't know if you could Target GC to Target GC to Disney GC. If I get a Target eGC online, how do you handle the printed copy at the registers?

Thanks for all the great info on this thread! If I buy a Target GC at Staples for the 5x, can I then go into Target on Sunday and buy a Target GC with the Target GC? I have used a Target GC to get a Disney GC, but didn't know if you could Target GC to Target GC to Disney GC. If I get a Target eGC online, how do you handle the printed copy at the registers?
YMMV when it comes to purchasing a Target GC with a Target GC. There are no guarantees that it will be permitted in the stores. It is not allowed when purchasing online.

To redeem an eGCs, you can either print it out and present it to the cashier. Or you can add it to your Target app and scan the barcode at the register.

I've read the comments in the last two pages but I´m still a bit worried. People have been able to buy disney gift cards with Target gift cards correct?
I got a $10 ecard for buying beauty stuff and tried it out online and it didn't work. I did read somewhere here that online wouldn't work.
I'm just afraid that I'll buy a bunch of gift cards this Sunday and be stuck with them. :scared::scared::scared::scared:
Should I try buying one with the egift card I have in store??

I've read the comments in the last two pages but I´m still a bit worried. People have been able to buy disney gift cards with Target gift cards correct?
I got a $10 ecard for buying beauty stuff and tried it out online and it didn't work. I did read somewhere here that online wouldn't work.
I'm just afraid that I'll buy a bunch of gift cards this Sunday and be stuck with them. :scared::scared::scared::scared:

I can say that I've never had any trouble buying Disney gc with Target gc. I was just there this past Saturday and purchased a $100 Disney gc with several Target gcs that I've collected from different offers. I went through self checkout and had no problem.

Online no longer works for buying Disney (or any other) gift cards with Target gift cards. In store still works. I hadn't tried it for several months, so for my own peace of mind I purchased a $25 Target gift card at the grocery store and last night went to Target and purchased a $25 Starbucks gift card. Had no problems at all. The cashier didn't even hesitate. I know many others have been successful recently, but sometimes regional stores have different policies, even if the registers allow it. If it makes you feel better, then go ahead and try it before you drop big money on gift cards. My rule of thumb is to always have an exit strategy in case things end up not working as planned. My son and I each plan to buy $300 and I know I can always use mine to buy groceries if necessary.

I can say that I've never had any trouble buying Disney gc with Target gc. I was just there this past Saturday and purchased a $100 Disney gc with several Target gcs that I've collected from different offers. I went through self checkout and had no problem.

Oh man this is great news!! I hope my store allows it too!
Thanks!!!

Online no longer works for buying Disney (or any other) gift cards with Target gift cards. In store still works. I hadn't tried it for several months, so for my own peace of mind I purchased a $25 Target gift card at the grocery store and last night went to Target and purchased a $25 Starbucks gift card. Had no problems at all. The cashier didn't even hesitate. I know many others have been successful recently, but sometimes regional stores have different policies, even if the registers allow it. If it makes you feel better, then go ahead and try it before you drop big money on gift cards. My rule of thumb is to always have an exit strategy in case things end up not working as planned. My son and I each plan to buy $300 and I know I can always use mine to buy groceries if necessary.

I guess I can get a new TV if it doesn't work.... lol
I'll definitely try today with a $50 one.
Thanks!!!!

-online doesn't work
-yes, try it out at your local store before buying a bunch of disney
-be ready for it not to work on Monday even if it works today because you just never know, I don't have the $$$ to let tons of it sit in Target gift cards so I'm only buying as much as I know I can organically spend at Target over the next few months in case they don't flip to Disney for whatever reason

-be ready for it not to work on Monday even if it works today because you just never know, I don't have the $$$ to let tons of it sit in Target gift cards so I'm only buying as much as I know I can organically spend at Target over the next few months in case they don't flip to Disney for whatever reason
You're always a voice of reason with this, I love it.

I have never had issues buying Disney GC w/ Target GC (as recently as last Monday).

Still... It often happens that someone ties up a bunch of money on one of the methods discussed here and realizes they have money stuck in a non usable form because that method no longer works.

Don't be that person.

I'm willing to risk more on Target 'hacks' than other methods because I will spend the money eventually.

Concerning the 10% off Target gift cards deal for Sunday. On Facebook Target officially responded to a question saying that you can purchase Disney gift cards with Target gift cards. I think I’ve successfully attach the screenshot of the conversation. So that will save us some more for upcoming trips.
Thank you for posting the screen shot. I saw it a few minutes ago myself, didn't screen print it, changed my mind and went to look for it again, but it's disappeared from my feed. I don't even see the post on Target's FB page anymore :/

-online doesn't work

The limit is $300? Do you go in several times? I'm trying to maximize the offer the best way i can.
Any suggestions? I have Discover...well 2 but only about 1k left from Q4 bonuses. Go in and get
300 gift cards at a time? Thanks

-online doesn't work
Keep this screenshot of Target saying you can purchase Disney cards with the Target cards. If you run into trouble it may help.

Attachments

• ED65763C-B03A-4C03-8DD6-F23679FC06B9.png
    ED65763C-B03A-4C03-8DD6-F23679FC06B9.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 35
We used self checkout last year and it was super easy. Since then my Target posted a sign at each self checkout station that no gift card or alcohol purchases are allowed.

We used self checkout last year and it was super easy. Since then my Target posted a sign at each self checkout station that no gift card or alcohol purchases are allowed.
One of my Targets had that for awhile but it's gone now. The other close one never had that sign at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter