Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to find out what the exclusions were for the Ibotta Target 20% rebate deal on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? I double checked the conditions before placing my order and thought all my items qualified but I just received confirmation from Ibotta that my credit is pending and it's 1/2 what I thought it would be.

For those who bought multiple $300 worth of Target gift cards in store last year - did you put the purchase on the same Credit Card or did you need to spread it around on different cards?

I have two target accounts...different emails. I used one credit card on one and another on the other one. In store I did the same first card. That is my plan this year...$600 on Discover and then $300 on rest. Hopefully will work out.

I have two target accounts...different emails. I used one credit card on one and another on the other one. In store I did the same first card. That is my plan this year...$600 on Discover and then $300 on rest. Hopefully will work out.

I was hoping to do all $2400 that we needed for our APs, but I suppose I'll just have to settle for covering the $600 down payment. Still better than nothing.

I went to my local HyVee and bought $1000 worth of Target cards. I was pleased to see that they had variable-amount cards, so I got 3 $270 cards and 1 $190 card. I will get 6% back off my credit card ($60) and I also received $2.00 off per gallon of gas. I drive a Prius, so my tank is small (LOL) so the gas is only worth about $20. Still, I saved $80 on the $1000 gift cards which comes out to be 8%. I essentially spent $920 for $1,111 worth of Target cards on Sunday. It comes out to be about a 17.20% discount. Not bad.

I was hoping to do all $2400 that we needed for our APs, but I suppose I'll just have to settle for covering the $600 down payment. Still better than nothing.
Are you afraid of buying Target gift cards to use on Target gift cards on Sunday? If you just want to use your credit card, I would go ahead and give it a try with 8 transactions. I used the same credit card again and again 2 years ago and my gift cards were not cancelled or drained. You have to go to a store, though. Isn't there a physical store nearby?

Are you afraid of buying Target gift cards to use on Target gift cards on Sunday? If you just want to use your credit card, I would go ahead and give it a try with 8 transactions. I used the same credit card again and again 2 years ago and my gift cards were not cancelled or drained. You have to go to a store, though. Isn't there a physical store nearby?

We have 3 stores in town but I feel a little weird if Target only says 300 per household, like I'm doing something wrong. And then I'm also concerned about things going sideways and getting stuck with 2400 worth of Target gift cards on Monday that I can't turn into Disney gift cards I suppose. Makes me a little nervous since I've never done it before. I just need to wrap my mind around it I suppose.

We have 3 stores in town but I feel a little weird if Target only says 300 per household, like I'm doing something wrong. And then I'm also concerned about things going sideways and getting stuck with 2400 worth of Target gift cards on Monday that I can't turn into Disney gift cards I suppose. Makes me a little nervous since I've never done it before. I just need to wrap my mind around it I suppose.
Pish-posh the household rule, if you're buying in store they can't enforce it and it's none of Targets business who is a part of your "household" anyway.

Also, imho do not buy more Target gift cards than you can afford to float for a few months. They had an awful hack last year (I suspect, although it's equal chance they just had an IT blow up) and gift cards were frozen left and right (no matter purchased with credit cards or gift cards, in store or online) and also drained/stolen. People had to fight Target hard to get their money back and they eventually did. But the hard lesson learned was if you can't afford to lose the money for a couple months don't put it in Target gift cards. (Also, my personal golden rule of gift card churning is if you can't spend the 3rd party gift card without turning it into Disney money don't buy it. You never know when the churning music will stop.)

I would do what you are comfortable with and what you can afford. If you are worried about the household rule maybe have a friend or relative buy some for you? But if you are in store I personally think they don’t really care. They just don’t want it all in one transaction.

I would do what you are comfortable with and what you can afford. If you are worried about the household rule maybe have a friend or relative buy some for you? But if you are in store I personally think they don’t really care. They just don’t want it all in one transaction.
I think it may vary from store to store, but in the past few months I have been stopped and had a team leader of some sort come over and enforce an arbitrary limit on my orders, usually totaling no more than $500. Its very annoying and now I strictly purchase online.

I agree with “pish posh” over the $300 limit per household. They can not enforce it.

Since you have 3 stores, go to all of them and get at least $900. Better yet, go to the back camera department and buy $300 and buy another $300 upfront in each store for $1800. Better yet, do it in the morning and then again in the evening once the staff turns over for your full amount.

You may feel odd the first or second time you make two purchases but I got over it pretty quick.

Does anyone know if Target counts as a "Department Store" for the Chase Freedom category right now? Trying to find the best way to buy my Target gift cards. Thanks!

Target does not count as a department store but Walmart does for Freedom 4th quarter. You can buy a Walmart Visa card for $500 +$4.94 fee and you could then use that to buy the Target gift cards, so you would get 5% back from Chase but lose 1% because of the $4.94 activation fee. It is still double what you would get on a card like citi doublecash.

As far as buying Target gift cards in advance, worst comes to worse you can sell them on raise for a 14 - 15% loss (12% raise commission + 2 - 3% discount) so if you are buying them at 10% off and using a credit card that gets 2% back, worst you will lose is 2 or 3% if somehow they don't let you do gift card to gift card.

Am I remembering right? You can no longer buy Target GCs with Target GCs online to combine them, correct? But Customer Service in store should be able to? Could I do it myself at self-checkout? That's what I did last year for the 10% off promo.

Am I remembering right? You can no longer buy Target GCs with Target GCs online to combine them, correct? But Customer Service in store should be able to? Could I do it myself at self-checkout? That's what I did last year for the 10% off promo.
Customer service would not combine my eGCs for me last week. I was told to spend them as they were. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter