Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heading over in about 20 minutes so I'll report back as soon as I can.

I went last night and picked up one $100. The cashier rang it up and said it was on sale so the price would be less than $100. We both agreed that it was a great deal so I innocently asked if there was a limit because I'd like to get another one. He said the limit is 2 and then immediately switched that to one. I think he was trying to figure out how to explain that I already used up my limit with the one transaction. He got kind of flustered and told me that buying just one was best. Not sure about the logic in that, but I wasn't going to argue. I'm trying a different Office Depot today.

I just got home. It didn't automatically work but they gave it to me anyway. And they checked my ID against my credit card as well. I was trying to buy 1 $100 card. I didn't try 2 $50s.

I'm here now. The sign is still posted but all the $100 cards are gone. Not sure if they were sold or pulled. Plenty of other denominations left but those aren't nearly as good of a deal. I'll check another store after work.

One of my friends in Alabama just went, Manager told him corporate ended the deal at midnight.

This was my first time trying and there was no sign of the deal. Nothing that even alluded to it.

I'm reading reports online that the deal was pulled early. I called my local store and confirmed.

It worked at one store for me this morning, but an hour and a half later at another store, the discount didn't come up at the register. Signs were gone at both stores.

How long does it take to get GCs from BJs? I want to wait until my discover closing date this month before I order but want to make sure I receive in time for our trip. TIA!

OF/OM deal did not work for me just now either. Signs were down. The cashier (who'd helped me the past two days) said she thought it went till Sat. and we'd ring it up to try it and it didn't work. Wish I would have gotten more! I ended up with $600 over the past two days. Oh well.

I just bought 2 within an hour of each other. Store had taken down all signage/evidence of the deal, but the registers were still coded for it and allowing it and the clerk had no clue about it being killed. Cycled the same card I bought previously, so no additional out of pocket. Now to figure out what to do with the small $15 balance on my cards.

I just bought one $100 card at OM and the cashier said "don't worry the $20 will come off." It didn't. He had me join the rewards club. They didn't help. He eventually just forced a $20 discount. I think I just going to use the card at a hotel tonight and use it up.

I wonder if Office Max vs. Office Depot makes a difference? I was at OD and it didn't work, but above poster said it rang up with the deal.

I just bought 2 within an hour of each other. Store had taken down all signage/evidence of the deal, but the registers were still coded for it and allowing it and the clerk had no clue about it being killed. Cycled the same card I bought previously, so no additional out of pocket. Now to figure out what to do with the small $15 balance on my cards.

Can you let us know which store you were at?

How long does it take to get GCs from BJs? I want to wait until my discover closing date this month before I order but want to make sure I receive in time for our trip. TIA!
I ordered mine on Sunday, April 2 and they will be delivered Friday, April 7 according to the tracking number.

Darn, now I'm sad that I wasn't greedy to try for a 2nd card. I hit 2 different OM's yesterday and got 1 at each only. Figured I'd run the route again today. Who knew?

I just had one come. My first time I ordered it on Sunday it came the following Monday 8 days. There has been reports on here that people have reported about 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter