Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, 14% is a really decent deal for a Disney gift card (like you take the MGC and buy Disney GC with them, or money orders to deposit in your bank, or use them to buy Disney GC at Kroger and get 4x reward points (~14% if you max out the gas) and then add to your DVA for another 2%). Basically, it's a pretty decent deal.

We do buy gcards at Kroger during 4x rewards. So maybe we will max out what we can do at office max, then take the mcards to Kroger to get the extra on the fuel rewards buying wdw cards. I'll have to work on the logistics to determine the route for netting the best return.
Thanks again!

Ok, I'm trying to see how this works - you pay 85 for the first one, get 100
Take that gift card and pay for the next one leaving 15 bucks on the first, and so forth. So you ended up with $235 on 10 different cards in $15 increments (excepting the last one that had $100). Is that right?

Correct ::yes::

Thing is, 14% is a really decent deal for a Disney gift card (like you take the MGC and buy Disney GC with them, or money orders to deposit in your bank, or use them to buy Disney GC at Kroger and get 4x reward points (~14% if you max out the gas) and then add to your DVA for another 2%). Basically, it's a pretty decent deal.

Yes i buy with my Amex Simply Cash Card or Chase card for 5xRewards then take it to kroger for 4x fuel points
and buy disney gift cards. This deal they have going to me is pretty good. I just wish i can get more than two at a time.
I saw a debate going on another site which is the better deal getting 1 200 dollar card or 2 100. I like getting
more discount off card. :)

Last edited:
Just FYI for the Office Max/Depot gift card deal, they may be canceling promotion tomorrow. My husband just went in to buy a couple MasterCard gift cards, he was successful but the store manager told him corporate was canceling promotion tomorrow since people have been buying up too many. He said they had a guy come in and bought 18 the other day. He was real nice about it all...we got 3, now wishing I would have made more trips to buy more! Please post if you are successful buying tomorrow as I will go in again.

Just FYI for the Office Max/Depot gift card deal, they may be canceling promotion tomorrow. My husband just went in to buy a couple MasterCard gift cards, he was successful but the store manager told him corporate was canceling promotion tomorrow since people have been buying up too many. He said they had a guy come in and bought 18 the other day. He was real nice about it all...we got 3, now wishing I would have made more trips to buy more! Please post if you are successful buying tomorrow as I will go in again.
Yeah i just went into a different store and they only let me get 1. Another store i had to pay cash. I knew
that was it. Strange how some could get several at a time. They wouldn't budge in my area.

Ohh The power of the internet. This deal went around faster than a track meet.:tongue:

I was just going to ask if anyone had problems buying a MC with a MC. Looks like the answer is YMMV, as always! It's still a good deal without churning, but the churning would have been FUN!

Yes, if anyone is trying today please let us know if you are successful. I wasn't going to be able to make it out until tomorrow at the earliest to do this deal. If it's still going on I may be able to talk DH into going a bit out of his way after class tonight to pick one up, but I'd hate to send him out to find out we missed it.

So you have been able to buy 2, $100 MC's in a single transaction and got $20 off each one? So $200 for $171.90 (after fees) ?

I bought 1 cuz the sign says $10 off 50 or more with the 2 per limit so I thought the system was counting the $100 as 2 $50 transactions. But if I can do 2 in one transaction that cuts down on the trips.

For those churning, how many credit payments can you do in one transaction? I'm probably showing my age but there used to be limits on how many credit cards could be applied to an order so I never thought to use 7 cards to buy 1. EDIT: After thinking about it I'm not sure why I thought at some point you'd need 3 cards to get 1, there should just be a max of 2 which has generally been allowed for quite some time now. Apparently I shouldn't try to think that hard that early in the morning.

Last edited:
So you have been able to buy 2, $100 MC's in a single transaction and got $20 off each one? So $200 for $171.90 (after fees) ?

I bought 1 cuz the sign says $10 off 50 or more with the 2 per limit so I thought the system was counting the $100 as 2 $50 transactions. But if I can do 2 in one transaction that cuts down on the trips.

They have to be separate transactions so that you get the $20 off of each $100 card - $40 total. If you buy them together in 1 transaction, you would only get a total of $20 off.

They have to be separate transactions so that you get the $20 off of each $100 card - $40 total. If you buy them together in 1 transaction, you would only get a total of $20 off.

Ok, just thought I'd check cuz I wasn't sure why they'd stop you at 2 transactions per person, when really you've got your discount limit on the first card. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything useful. :)

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet. So if I buy a $100.00 MC from Office Depot it will cost me $105.95, but then I will get $20 off the price?
Isn't that a better deal than buying 2 $50.00 gift cards at $55.95 each?

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet. So if I buy a $100.00 MC from Office Depot it will cost me $105.95, but then I will get $20 off the price?
Isn't that a better deal than buying 2 $50.00 gift cards at $55.95 each?
Correct, you're not buying 2 separate $50 cards.

If yer referencing my confusion, the sign says you get $10 off a purchase of $50 or more. Generally that means if you buy $50 or $100 yer only getting $10 off the purchase. So having the system take off $10 for every 50 bought (up to a max of $20) on a single card is interesting to me.

If you buy 1 - $100 card, you will get $20 off, and only have to pay 1 activation fee. It's a better savings than buying 2-$50 cards. You have a limit of 2 "rewards" per transaction, but they do both come off the same card. I did it yesterday - all automatic, the cashier didn't have to do anything to make it happen.

I'm curious to see if all stores stop today too... I might stop by mine again to see, I'll let you know!

I just did one yesterday, and was going to do one or two more... I'm pretty close on Disney cards for our next trip, so I was doing some budget magic to get a discount on non-Disney expenses lol. Like for the card I bought yesterday, I put the $86 as coming out of our vacation budget, but then took $100 cash from the grocery budget and moved it to vacation, then I'll use the card for groceries. Semi-complicated, but every bit helps out. But I'll probably take this one by today and use it to buy a grocery store gift card to be safe.

When I got my card yesterday, and the total went to $80 before tax, she was like, Well, that's....... good..... Not sure I want to see her again in case she asks questions so maybe I'll see if there's another location on my way home...

I can't get into an OD/OM until later today so I definitely would like to hear if anyone is still able to get the deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter