Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to try this again. I have about $8,000 of Disney gift cards to buy in the next year--might as well get 16 rewards out of it.

FYI even though the movie perk said up to $20, I bought the blu ray Moana which was on sale for $22.99 and it was free???

Just a heads up but I think target might have fixed the glitch with allowing you to redeem an award for an item that costs more than the stated amount. I had previously gotten a couple toys that were slightly over the $15 limit (like less than a dollar) and two blue rays that were $22.99 (Moana, and Pinocchio). However today I tried to buy Rogue One and it would not allow me to use it on the BluRay ($22.99). I tried scanning a couple times and it said no eligible item for coupon. I wish they would allow you to use it to receive a free movie under $20 or $20 off of a more expensive one :(

I put the movie back and will get it at costco instead where it is $19.99

Ok here is a heads up for the OfficeDepot/Office Max promotion.
I went down and got two 100 from one store then another two 100
gift cards from another. I went home and called to load on Disney
Cruise shipboard acct. It was declined. Called MasterCard and they said
for travel related it adds gratuity or something weird so 100 would be 115.
Sounded lame so i just went to Kroger and got Disney gift cards and then
loaded and it was fine.

My friend bought one near her work . Called to register it and it was declined
reported already activated or something. I just went back to Office Depot to buy
one more and i noticed that several had whole bar codes showing. DO NOT
GET THESE! Only get ones that have "Cashier Instructions tab" These are meant
for cashier to remove only.

I definitely think there are scams going on and people must be removing that and
taking picture of number with their phone.

Thanks! I just saw your post about scammers :scared:.
Luckily the two stores were about 7 miles apart. I wish i could have just gotten
them all together like someone did but where i went the sign clearly said 2 per transaction.

This is a great deal to combine with Chase5x or American Express simply cash.

I plan to go back tonight or in the morning (hopefully shift change:tongue:)

Hey y'all!

Just got back from office Depot. was able to get (10) $100 cards. paid $85 OOP the first time then kept rolling. had to do 10 separate transactions.

wow did the guy say anything about doing 10 separate? The sales person told me 2 per person. I did
go back and get 1 more but that was hours later. I have to be careful same amounts charged close
together triggers fraud dept on my card and they decline it.

Or did you pay cash for all?

wow did the guy say anything about doing 10 separate? The sales person told me 2 per person. I did
go back and get 1 more but that was hours later. I have to be careful same amounts charged close

I had a young guy. i got out of line each time and grabbed another card so he wouldn't say anything. i paid with my bank card the first time and used a new GC to pay for each card after that. so my OOP was only $85.

I wonder if I could bring my kids and argue these were the extra people :D I need 1k :D

I had a young guy. i got out of line each time and grabbed another card so he wouldn't say anything. i paid with my bank card the first time and used a new GC to pay for each card after that. so my OOP was only $85.

I am confused about this deal, i guess. What's is the reason to buy each subsequent card with the previous card?

For those thinking about the OD MC deal: read the comments on the site, especially at the bottom of the page. http://www.doctorofcredit.com/offic...ercard-save-10-easy-20-profit/#comment-384013
Current theory seems to be buy cards that are packaged in gold, NOT white. And flip fast. (I was not able to apply to my upcoming Disney reservation FYI, I did try though. Post Office money order is still my favored liquidation method for these.

Ok, I'm trying to see how this works - you pay 85 for the first one, get 100
Take that gift card and pay for the next one leaving 15 bucks on the first, and so forth. So you ended up with $235 on 10 different cards in $15 increments (excepting the last one that had $100). Is that right?

Ahhh, ok. So you can churn them, but it will take a lot of churning to get very far.
Thanks for the help!
Thing is, 14% is a really decent deal for a Disney gift card (like you take the MGC and buy Disney GC with them, or money orders to deposit in your bank, or use them to buy Disney GC at Kroger and get 4x reward points (~14% if you max out the gas) and then add to your DVA for another 2%). Basically, it's a pretty decent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter