Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For larger dollar cards, yes, the hassle would be worth it. But I have some small dollar values leftover that I'd have to combine and there's usually a limit to how many credit cards can be used in one transaction. So for those I'd rather just put the left over into the account.

Random note - I also just figured out that you can load your Amazon gift card balance with these. For some reason, having all those tiny little card balances bugs me. Off topic - sorry!

My Disney gift card finally came in 8 days from bjs. I guess I will be ordering more since I didn't have to sign for it.

Random note - I also just figured out that you can load your Amazon gift card balance with these. For some reason, having all those tiny little card balances bugs me. Off topic - sorry!
I was totally thinking of doing that, just haven't gotten around to trying it. I've got one that literally has 90 cents on it :) While that doesn't help much anywhere else, I use my Amazon gift card for kindle books so little amounts can actually buy things there. So thanks for confirming that, I'm going to do that now before I forget again :)

I used to just leave them for the gas runs if they had enough for a full tank of gas. But found out on last drive down most of the gas pumps put a $75 - $100 hold to make sure it's got sufficient funds, so even though I had 3 $100 pre-paid cards, they all got denied at the pumps for various reasons. So I've been rethinking my strategies for the small value cards.

Has anyone tried this? I went into Office Max but I saw zero signage related to this and felt awkward asking and walked out.
I'm interested too, I haven't been able to figure out what region this came from (but I haven't tried real hard either :) ). Our OfficeMax/OfficeDepot stores have been dropping like flies. I don't have any on my normal routes anymore so I have to make a special trip to check.

Has anyone tried this? I went into Office Max but I saw zero signage related to this and felt awkward asking and walked out.

I would want to see the signage as well. Usually you see their signs on top of the gift card rack. I'm heading over tomorrow so will report back.

I was totally thinking of doing that, just haven't gotten around to trying it. I've got one that literally has 90 cents on it :) While that doesn't help much anywhere else, I use my Amazon gift card for kindle books so little amounts can actually buy things there. So thanks for confirming that, I'm going to do that now before I forget again :)

I used to just leave them for the gas runs if they had enough for a full tank of gas. But found out on last drive down most of the gas pumps put a $75 - $100 hold to make sure it's got sufficient funds, so even though I had 3 $100 pre-paid cards, they all got denied at the pumps for various reasons. So I've been rethinking my strategies for the small value cards.

I had a few of those too. The minimum load to Amazon is 50 cents. Unfortunately for DVA, the minimum is $10.

On the gas - I think if you pay at the window instead of the pump, you might be able to circumvent the hold.

Odd note on eBay . . . I had an eBay bucks certificate for $3.84 in my inbox. I was surprised - thought the minimum was $5??? Not a big thing but figured I would mention it.

I'm interested too, I haven't been able to figure out what region this came from (but I haven't tried real hard either :) ). Our OfficeMax/OfficeDepot stores have been dropping like flies. I don't have any on my normal routes anymore so I have to make a special trip to check.

I did this tonight at an Office Depot. They did have signs up though. They just have one gift card rack and the sign was above it. I didn't buy anything other than a $100 Mastercard gift card and when she first told me the price, she said $105.95. I just said I thought that was part of the promotion and when she hit another button, the price went down to $85.95. I'm not sure if she hadn't hit the total button yet or what.

The store I was at is about 20 minutes from my house, so I can't just run in every day to get one and I felt kind of funny getting more than one. Maybe I'll think of some reason to have to go back to that area again this week :).

Edited to say that I'm in the St. Louis metro area.

The store I was at is about 20 minutes from my house, so I can't just run in every day to get one and I felt kind of funny getting more than one. Maybe I'll think of some reason to have to go back to that area again this week :).

When I've done these promos in the past, I've just asked the cashier if I could buy another. Most times they don't care.

Odd note on eBay . . . I had an eBay bucks certificate for $3.84 in my inbox. I was surprised - thought the minimum was $5??? Not a big thing but figured I would mention it.

Getting rid of the $5 eBucks minimum was part of the last round of changes eBay announced late last year, along with reducing the standard eBucks earn from 2% to 1%. All part of eBay's "enhancements" to the program.

Received this email from Discover from my purchase on 3/30:

"(Name), thanks for using your Discover card to make a purchase for the online offer from Sam's Club online.

If you qualify for these rewards, they will be posted to your statement within 10 weeks. To ensure you always get your Cashback Bonus, be sure to check the offer terms and exceptions prior to taking advantage of an offer.

Looking for other ways to save? Log in to see your most recent deals."

So we shall continue to wait...

I would like to give everyone a word of warning regarding the Office Depot/Max deal. It is a really awesome deal, you save $14 on a $100 MC GC, but these cards have a high risk of being used by others once you have purchased them, usually within a few days. In the past I have had this happen to me. However, I could not pass up such an opportunity. Yesterday, I bought 2 $100 cards, and then drove straight over to my Kroger (which is across the street) and bought Disney gift cards for fuel points. With the fuel points, this is the best deal of the year, it is over 25% off for me, but please spend these MC GC's immediately to minimize risk.

I would like to give everyone a word of warning regarding the Office Depot/Max deal. It is a really awesome deal, you save $14 on a $100 MC GC, but these cards have a high risk of being used by others once you have purchased them, usually within a few days. In the past I have had this happen to me. However, I could not pass up such an opportunity. Yesterday, I bought 2 $100 cards, and then drove straight over to my Kroger (which is across the street) and bought Disney gift cards for fuel points. With the fuel points, this is the best deal of the year, it is over 25% off for me, but please spend these MC GC's immediately to minimize risk.

What makes them so high risk? I bought one yesterday and was planning on giving it to my daughter this weekend when we visit her. Maybe I need to rethink that. She probably would be using it a little at a time.

McDonald's can take the tiny amount cards. I use my little bits and pieces of change left on gift cards to buy french fries, lol.

What makes them so high risk? I bought one yesterday and was planning on giving it to my daughter this weekend when we visit her. Maybe I need to rethink that. She probably would be using it a little at a time.

There have been numerous claims on many forums that the MasterCard gift cards are easy for crooks to hack into and somehow steal your money. I personally have never experienced this, but there are enough claims on various forums to make it credible. (Note that the problem is only with MasterCard gift cards, not the Visa or Amex ones).

I'm afraid I don't have time to read back a few pages but for those wondering about the Office Depot/Max MCGC deal my experience: I bought a number of them in multiple transactions yesterday at my store, it was quiet so the clerk didn't give me trouble. The sign was out above the display showing the 6 or so different cards involved. I bought the $200 MCGC to maximize my credit card rewards. I then panicked yesterday as tales of woe and compromised cards started rolling out on various blogs and forums. I went online and registered all my cards a couple hours after I got them (there was suspicion maybe people are trying to check balances before MasterCard has fully activated the cards and that's causing fraud alerts? idk because some people report using them almost immediately). I intended to sit on them for a month or so but had no idea they had so many issues. I used 1 card to make a payment on Plastiq yesterday. Today I found out you can get money orders with them. Game changer! So I took the rest to the Post Office and the clerk said the largest money order I could get was $1000, which was coincidently what I needed, and I could use multiple cards to pay for it. I had a sticky note on each card with the pin number (I did not try to change the pin numbers, just used what came in the package) and typed that in after swiping them. No issues at all. Cost: $1.60. Went straight to the bank and put the money orders in my account. Best of luck to anyone else who does this!!

I just loaded the Kroger digital coupon for 4X gas points with gift cards, the fine print says "when you buy a participating gift card" and to see store for details. does anyone know if Disney GC is included?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter