Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turned my $900 in Target to Disney gift cards last night in Colorado, no issues. I was going to go through self checkout, but one was closed and the other had the no alcohol or gift card sign, which I've never seen before. I ended up doing all $900 in one transaction, and the guy at the register just scanned my three gift cards.

I considered holding out to see if they did the buy $50, get $5... But at the end of the day, losing out on a possible $90 was worth DFs peace of mind (he was worried we'd get stuck with Target) and my sanity (for not having to reassure him everyday!). I was also thinking this morning about how I haven't seen $25 cards in my Target lately, so that could have been an issue.

Now I need to fine tune my budget to see what my final goal is.

Don't scratch, peel! You can just pull off the silver scratchy part.

One of the best tips I've ever gotten from the DIS. I had a lot of Disney GCs to transfer and wish I had known. Less messy too. Big thanks.

Peeling away the silver strip is a huge timesaver but it leaves a sticky film on the card. Another great tip I learned from the DIS is to put a piece of clear tape over the sticky area. You can still see the card number and it keeps the cards from sticking together.

My wife's big into essential oils. So far the only big use I've found for them is a few drops of lemon oil on a tissue will clean off sticky residue on a bunch of cards.

Somewhat random post about a lesson learned (but probably something that is plain to many) Regarding Disney GCs, once you load up a card on DGC .com, you can only transfer the FULL balance to another card. I thought I had read where someone kept a loaded card and then would transfer an amount to a different card to be used in the park that day. I should have looked at the website more carefully before our trip. Anyway, long story short, there were days we were walking around Disney with a $900+ GC in my wallet. NOT ideal, but I felt reassured knowing if I lost it I could immediately transfer the balance to a different card.

So, my point is that it's nice to load those cards up to pay for the big-ticket items, like hotel rooms, but save the smaller denominations for "walking around" money. I only wish you could have more than 5 cards on DGC .com.

Somewhat random post about a lesson learned (but probably something that is plain to many) Regarding Disney GCs, once you load up a card on DGC .com, you can only transfer the FULL balance to another card. I thought I had read where someone kept a loaded card and then would transfer an amount to a different card to be used in the park that day. I should have looked at the website more carefully before our trip. Anyway, long story short, there were days we were walking around Disney with a $900+ GC in my wallet. NOT ideal, but I felt reassured knowing if I lost it I could immediately transfer the balance to a different card.

So, my point is that it's nice to load those cards up to pay for the big-ticket items, like hotel rooms, but save the smaller denominations for "walking around" money. I only wish you could have more than 5 cards on DGC .com.
Good point. When we were in Disney in October, my DH lost or threw away (we're not sure) a gc loaded with $700. I immediately pulled out my phone and transferred the entire balance to another card stored on DGC. What a relief it was to know that we hadn't lost all that vacation money. Lesson learned to carry smaller cards in the park, but extremely grateful for that safety net!!

[snip]

Two things...

If you delete a card off your Disneygiftcard . com account, it doesn't remove the balance from that card. It's just not stored in your easily accessed wallet. If you keep the card #s and pins in a document that you store in a password-protected cloud storage solution (e.g. dropbox), you can still access those cards and add them back into your dgc account when you need to.

Also, I don't believe there is a rule against having more than one dgc account. Sign up for another with a different email address and voila! You can now store 10 cards.

Ebates...Orbitz..... AHHH! anyway any thoughts on if they'll offer a bonus for booking again in the next few days? I missed the cruise bonus at 16%....(!!!!!!!) and now it's down to 8%...... any patterns to this at all?

Last edited:
Two things...

If you delete a card off your Disneygiftcard . com account, it doesn't remove the balance from that card. It's just not stored in your easily accessed wallet. If you keep the card #s and pins in a document that you store in a password-protected cloud storage solution (e.g. dropbox), you can still access those cards and add them back into your dgc account when you need to.

Also, I don't believe there is a rule against having more than one dgc account. Sign up for another with a different email address and voila! You can now store 10 cards.
this is interesting.....something to keep in mind!

Has anyone ever had a target gift card show as "shipped" but with no tracking information? I chose to have the gift card I ordered online mailed to me (kind of an accident) and I got the "shipped" notice but when I check the order there's no tracking information for just that card - the rest of my order has a number.

I've never bought a physical target GC from online before, I usually email it so I'm not sure if this is normal.

I've got a questions for all the veteran Churners :) God I miss those days

Anyways, I know that we can purchase a Sears eGC and turn it into a physical GC at sears and then go to Kmart and buy Disney. Did this the other day (using the Amex-Sears online offer) worked like a charm. $100 DGC for $80 using 2 Amex accounts.

My question is can we do the same with a Kmart eGC? I've never tried it this way. There's an Amex-Newegg offer which I'm trying to maximize for Disney. Offer is $25 off $200 purchase at Newegg - they sell Kmart eGC. I know the savings won't be as great as with the Sears offer but I need something.

I got scared with the reports of discontinued Target-Disney GC churn and didn't buy as many discounted Target GC on Sunday.
Thanks in advance

Oh - I got a 10% ebay bucks offer :sad:

I just want to clarify...
You can use a target gift card to purchase disney gift cards in store, right?
I went into a target express today and did self check out, wasn't working with the gift card. Went to the cashier and they said you can't buy gift cards with a gift card.

@WDWNY...as with everything, it seems, with Target, it depends on the store/manager/location of the moon. My local Target will not allow it, most others (from reading this thread) will. So YMMV. Last year I had hundreds of dollars in Target GC due to the buy 2 gc, get $5 target gc and wasn't allowed to buy any of the Disney gc I'd planned. Others on this and additional threads have had much better success so you might want to try a different store if you have one around. I gave up and just bought merchandise since I was tired of driving and fighting crowds :(

@WDWNY...as with everything, it seems, with Target, it depends on the store/manager/location of the moon. My local Target will not allow it, most others (from reading this thread) will. So YMMV. Last year I had hundreds of dollars in Target GC due to the buy 2 gc, get $5 target gc and wasn't allowed to buy any of the Disney gc I'd planned. Others on this and additional threads have had much better success so you might want to try a different store if you have one around. I gave up and just bought merchandise since I was tired of driving and fighting crowds :(
Thank you! I do have another one around, so will try that instead. Fingers crossed because we bought $900 worth of target gift cards and don't shop there as often anymore.

I went into a target express today and did self check out, wasn't working with the gift card. Went to the cashier and they said you can't buy gift cards with a gift card.

I just bought $500 Disney GCs paid for entirely with Target GCs scanned off my phone through self-checkout. I don't know if Target Expresses are any different. This was at a full service Target store in Northern California.

What a bummer :( but thank you for sharing. I've seen a few people in these various threads kicking themselves for not buying more Target gc to turn into Disney gc when they were on sale but these cautious tales are important to remind us all why we don't risk more money than we can afford to have tied up in Target$$$.

I would try another store. I didn't use self checkout, but the regular lines at 2 different Targets were both no problem for me. The only challenge was finding enough $100 Disney cards in store. I had to buy some $50s to finish up my purchase.

I was denied at one Target last year so I went to one on the other side of town and had no issues. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter