Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my email card! Woohoo for being easiser. I think I'll have DF use one through his online account now, and then I'll try and do an in store one when I get off work...

I just ordered a $300 gift card online along with some bissell cleaning pads that I needed anyways. I paid entirely with a target gift card. I haven't receive a cancelation notice yet :) I'll update if it gets cancelled.

All went well, just got a shipping conformation for the cleaning pads. I even got the 1% ebates for the entire purchase. (Only $2.89) but better than nothing.

Last edited:
Alright, I received my Target gift card already! I used Target gift cards to purchase after adding a filler. So strange though... the subject to the email says: Someone Special just sent you a gift card. Lucky you. Now gift yourself. We're sorry your original preorder was cancelled. We're sending you a $5 Target eGift card soon.

Strange?

Also, anyone know if I can check out as a guest under my husband's email and work address and use the remainder of gift cards I have to start a new order?

FYI...I shopped for my Target GCs this morning from the Swagbucks shopping portal (with small filler item). Just came home from church and my SBs are pending. So, shop through SBs to get an extra 2% back.

I ordered a $300 Target GC online, added a small filler item and paid 100% with GC's. Already received my GC. However, it does not appear that SB's will credit. Normally the notice for a Target shop and earn arrives pretty quick.

I've been following this thread for a couple of days leading up to the Target deal and I have questions. Do you pay 90% for the Target gift cards or do you get an extra Target gift card with the 10% on it? Someone said that they used ebates to buy their $300 worth of Target cards online using Target cards and their red card with a filler item for in store pick up. Did you get ebates credit for the whole sale?

Am I understanding this properly?

You can buy $300 gift card online and get 10% off.

Once the GC comes to your email, you can then purchase another gift card online for another 10% so long as you put a filler item in?

If this is correct, then you are able to get $330 worth of gift cards (minus whatever the filler item cost) for $270.

Also -- if you buy the target GCs in person in the store, how long does it take for them to activate so you can buy disney gift cards?

A bit off topic, but I figure you guys will know . . . Can I use a Disney gc at Yak and Yeti. Or should I buy Landry's?

I tried buying DGC with a target gc in store yesterday and it didn't take. I tried self checkout and the cashier and was told the DGC is no longer an entertainment card and I couldn't buy another GC with a target GC.
I asked if something changed in the last month because I used my target GC to buy 2 DGC with no problem last month at the same store. The cashier and customer service were adamant that it could not be done. After waiting 30 min for a manager. I left. So frustrating. I'm in WA state
Waiting to see if anyone else has any luck.
Online, it still has a link from Specialty Cards to Disney, but if you look it up just as Disney, it shows "Target /Featured Brands /character shop /Disney"

Since you tried shopping on a weekend, I would wait until tomorrow and THEN talk to a manager. Even if this bad news is true, we might still be able to get a reprieve if enough people complain.

Am I understanding this properly?

You can buy $300 gift card online and get 10% off.

Once the GC comes to your email, you can then purchase another gift card online for another 10% so long as you put a filler item in?

If this is correct, then you are able to get $330 worth of gift cards (minus whatever the filler item cost) for $270.

Also -- if you buy the target GCs in person in the store, how long does it take for them to activate so you can buy disney gift cards?

The Target GC's that you can buy today for 10% off will not be active until tomorrow so you cannot use that same $300 to buy another $300 at 10% off. Would be great if you could though!! At least these were the terms with this sale in previous years. So, you can buy Disney GC's with these Target GC's tomorrow but you can only do so in store.

A bit off topic, but I figure you guys will know . . . Can I use a Disney gc at Yak and Yeti. Or should I buy Landry's?

You can use a Disney GC there. Of course, I would go with whichever card you could get the best deal on.

I just used up the leftover balances on my remaining Target eGCs to apply towards the purchase of a $300 Target GC in store at self-checkout. I scanned the GC I was buying, entered the amount I wanted on it, scanned my GCs on my phone, and the amounts came off, no problem. I don't see any problem paying for the full amount with a GC if you have sufficient funds. I didn't, so I used a credit card to pay the remaining balance.

The Target GC's that you can buy today for 10% off will not be active until tomorrow so you cannot use that same $300 to buy another $300 at 10% off. Would be great if you could though!! At least these were the terms with this sale in previous years. So, you can buy Disney GC's with these Target GC's tomorrow but you can only do so in store.
The Target website they will start working at 10 AM tomorrow

Online, it still has a link from Specialty Cards to Disney, but if you look it up just as Disney, it shows "Target /Featured Brands /character shop /Disney"

Since you tried shopping on a weekend, I would wait until tomorrow and THEN talk to a manager. Even if this bad news is not a mistake at your store, we might still be able to get a reprieve if enough people complain.

I just checked the Target FAQs and I couldn;t find anything about not being able to buy a gc with a gc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter