Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the new restrictions for GC usage while earning eBucks, is this really a good deal to jump on? I'm not sure I totally understand the new rules, but it seems that waiting for a 5x offer is better. Am I thinking correctly?

I'm with you. I'm waiting too.

I agree with you. This just doesn't seem worth it to me. Especially if I end up paying for shipping. That would really eat into the earnings. I'd also hate to have my funds tied up in transit and then have 4X or 5X offer come out next week when we're out of the eBucks redemption period.

As much as I hate to pass on free money (eBucks), I think I am going to hold out for a higher offer. I wish the new restrictions weren't in place, but it is what it is.

@MinniekinsDo you need this cashed out before the closer trip or can it wait until the latter one? I'm asking because the methods @JKalai posted some pages up about buying certain games and then trading them back at BB worked very well for me. Granted, its a slow process but if you have the time at least its a way out without taking a loss. It was also convenient for me as I have both a GS and BB within 5 minutes of my house.

I will post more credit movers from Gamestop to Best buy whenever I catch them @Minniekins, so all is not lost. It'll take time, but you can totally make the switch back to BB gift cards eventually and is really easy. You'll have to just jump on it as soon as possible.

Taking advantage of the pretty good sales at Gamestop can be beneficial, and can even net some profit. For example, the last weekend of June they had a B2G1 on everything pre-owned. I bought 3 Nintendo 3DS systems for about $300 + tax. I'm now selling them for around $155 each on ebay. Granted I'm paying the Ebay fees (which is around $45), I actually made some profit... not just credit, but straight up cash.

Just hold on to that GS credit if you can.

Well shoot. I bought some GS gift cards before I went on vacation in June and didn't churn them right away and then we had a foreign exchange student for 3 weeks and I was just about to go to GS and get an eBay card. |

Does it still work in other locations or is it system wide.

I haven't tried it in my area for about the past week, but it seems like the system does not allow it nationwide now due to other boards I'm on.

I haven't tried it in my area for about the past week, but it seems like the system does not allow it nationwide now due to other boards I'm on.[/QUOTE]

I cashed out my last $400 GS cards on Saturday for eBay cards. No problems, but I'm thankful I'm out and won't risk any more money through GS.

Kmart in my area is working and I'm going to test Walgreens when I go out today. Trying not to risk PPDG for BB if I can avoid it.

I wasn't able to see it in the app but went to their regular website and it was there. Not in a msg either. It's on the main page. I think everyone should be able to access it from the looks of things. I suppose you activate it on the website then go to the app.
No banner on my main page.
It also says it is the "new app" or "updated app" or something like that. So I made sure to updated before I started. The 5% shows up for me.

I am a very slow/conservative churner, usually only earn $200-$300/quarter. So I am jumping on it.
I verified that my app was up to date, and made a small purchase just in case, but nothing doing. Oh well. This means I don't have to spend all day on the computer!

Ebucks promo works on desktop too!

I did a $200 BB purchase via app. I was reading on SD and someone said it worked on desktop. I put a BB GC in cart and the 5% is showing.

I purchased a Landrys egift card last night on Target using discounted gift cards. The order confirmation said I should receive the gift card in 4 hours but I still don't have it. Anyone have an target experience with emailed gift cards?

@robinb @Minniekins and for those of you stuck with GS...

Retailmenot has a 20% off coupon with 2 or more pre-owned games (you have to open up the coupon in a private browser for a unique code for some weird reason). Both Battleborn and Doom are on sale at Gamestop (will come out to $21.19 + tax or $19.07 + tax with pro and coupon) and will trade in at $20 at BB. BB's trade in value went down since the beginning of this week, but you will maybe lose a dollar or so depending on your tax which is much better than selling your cards online.

You can trade in 3 max per system per title at BB. If you can find 3 of each game (3 battleborn xbox/3 battleborn ps4/3 Doom xbox/3 Doom PS4), you can move $240 easily with little loss. They have the availability of the preowned games on the app/website.

My local Walgreens,that I successfully bought $400 ebay gc yesterday, didn't work. It must have something to do with the amount ($500) that I tried to buy or Walgreens rewards card or the over $500 total. Yesterday I didn't use rewards card.
Eastern CT.

The 5% was offered/activated on my laptop even though it says app. My cart shows 5% but didn't buy because I don't feel like it's worth it. Maybe I'm done with churning like when Forest Gump stopped running.

I purchased a Landrys egift card last night on Target using discounted gift cards. The order confirmation said I should receive the gift card in 4 hours but I still don't have it. Anyone have an target experience with emailed gift cards?

Did you get an email from Target telling you your order had been cancelled? I believe the policy is now that they will not let you pay for e-gift cards with Target gift cards.

If anone is looking to cash out, I just used my last $250 eBay GC to buy 5 $50 Disney GCs from BB's eBay store. They have them available for free shipping or store pickup but I was having issues (my secondary PP account as my first one was permanently "limited") and could only get the order to go through when shipped.

Reading these failures at Walgreen's has me a little worried. I stopped by my store the other day and saw they do indeed have the variable load ebay cards, so I was hoping to try my hand at that when the next offer rolled around. Was just about to place an order through the app for just $100 card to test, but now I'm not so sure. Might be better to run by the store and buy a smaller card there, then try the following day to convert to ebay in store, just to make sure it will work. Hmmm. This promo isn't a huge savings anyway since I'd only be making $5 ebucks and it will cost $2.99 to ship.

If anone is looking to cash out, I just used my last $250 eBay GC to buy 5 $50 Disney GCs from BB's eBay store. They have them available for free shipping or store pickup but I was having issues (my secondary PP account as my first one was permanently "limited") and could only get the order to go through when shipped.
I had no clue you could do this. When they offer 3x or more eBay bucks this is better than the Target 5% off. I'll have to give this a shot next time eBay offers an eBay bucks promo.

Retailmenot has a 20% off coupon with 2 or more pre-owned games (you have to open up the coupon in a private browser for a unique code for some weird reason). Both Battleborn and Doom are on sale at Gamestop (will come out to $21.19 + tax or $19.07 + tax with pro and coupon) and will trade in at $20 at BB. BB's trade in value went down since the beginning of this week, but you will maybe lose a dollar or so depending on your tax which is much better than selling your cards online.

You can trade in 3 max per system per title at BB. If you can find 3 of each game (3 battleborn xbox/3 battleborn ps4/3 Doom xbox/3 Doom PS4), you can move $240 easily with little loss. They have the availability of the preowned games on the app/website.
How do you get BB's trade in value? Do they let you check online like Gamestop does? Or do you just need to take the games into the store to check? Thanks!

I saw on Wednesday that Best Buy had added Disney GCs to their eBay site. (I meant to post about this earlier, but I never actually posted what I typed up).

I ordered the $50 GCs Wednesday night and received shipping confirmation yesterday. It appears that there is a limit of 5 per account - I don't know if that's a lifetime limit, but it wouldn't let me order more later that night when I tried.

I paid with both eBay Bucks and eBay GCs, and didn't have any issues whatsoever.

I was pretty pleased about this - I'm in a cash-out-to-Disney GCs stage, so I was happy to skip a step at the BB and be able to avoid PPDG or a private seller. I'm just hoping the 5 GC limit isn't a lifetime one.

THANK YOU!

Uh oh, there is a report from another user on another forum that BB's system wouldn't let him purchase a Dairy Queen GC with a Best Buy GC today.

Did you get an email from Target telling you your order had been cancelled? I believe the policy is now that they will not let you pay for e-gift cards with Target gift cards.

Nope. An email confirming the order and that was it. If I sign into my target account it says processing and I have the option to cancel or reorder. Maybe I should cancel it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter