Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. It was an online gift card order (buy 2 $25 Starbucks gc get a $5 target card). When I was notified my gift card was cancelled but my Starbucks cards were processed I was LIVID. I went digging in the account history, found the order and found out $5 had been straight up deducted from my order (in addition to the 5%). I thought it odd and watched the charge hit my Red Card credit card and sure enough they had just taken $5 off instead of issuing the card. I did it again and a couple days later the same thing played out, my order was adjusted to reflect $5 off so I was getting $50 in Starbucks for about $43 out of pocket. It happened a few times on my account last fall. By the end of winter I did one and Target cancelled the order saying my promotional card could not be delivered to my email address so I changed to physical delivery and the order went through & they sent me the physical GC. I know it was very odd (I asked here but no one had this happen to them) but it is something I saw happen to me. I have no idea what triggered that quirk in their system. The only company with more technical difficulties is Disney! (And UPS, after what I'm reading here!)

Gotta love how nothing is consistent. Seems so odd since you can't use them in store on the same purchase that creates the card, you would think their online system wouldn't work that way. Good to know that it reflects the card either way it does it online.

So you buy gc then buy gas then buy target gc with gas discount
I buy Target or EBay gift cards and at some point turn them into Disney gift cards. I just figure the cost of the original gift card at 86% of the face value based on gas savings and credit card rewards.

A few times we found out Target took $5 straight off the order when it charged to my Red Card (I had selected email delivery). This happened to us last year, no one else reported this happening but it's something to check.

Thanks, I'll have to check and see. It's only $5 and I figured I've saved way more than that but it's still $5 I can put towards the Disney card.

I'm thinking of just going to the local Target to buy ebay cards but I loaded my GC's on Target.com. Can I transfer them to the Target app or do I need to go through customer service at the store? I have not downloaded it yet because of the poor ratings but my Target.com account is (to put it kindly) not working well. I prefer to just take my money out at this point. TIA

Hey Karisa :)

I do sometimes. I've found a flashlight and magnifying glass work well. What I hate the most is when the gray stuff doesn't come off all the way or it smears! That's the worst because you can't see some of the numbers at all and you have to guess. One of my cards did that yesterday!

Me too! So, I either take a picture with a few of them lined up, then zoom on, or just zoom in without taking a pic I've found the gently using the edge of a closed scissors, it all comes off nicely.

Hi Katie :wave:

So glad to know I am not the only one! I will keep the tips in mind for the future! Thus far I've had to have my kids read them to me...

jcpenny is 15% on ebates right now.... (ends today) if you send a $75 e gift card you get a 10 off of 10 coupon for yourself to use later this month... i tried this through e bates i will let you know if it credited, i then turned around and put in a jcpenny's order and used the gift card it came right away through email. so hopefully double cash back technically ???

jcpenny is 15% on ebates right now.... (ends today) if you send a $75 e gift card you get a 10 off of 10 coupon for yourself to use later this month... i tried this through e bates i will let you know if it credited, i then turned around and put in a jcpenny's order and used the gift card it came right away through email. so hopefully double cash back technically ???
I don't think this will work because it's sold through cashstar. It'll be great if it does though.

Is there a churning GC for dummies spot on this thread somewhere? I've looked about 15ish pages back, but can't seem to get a vision of what GC I am supposed to be buying when and turning into what. :scared:

Ebates doesn't have target GC right now, so I am a little confused.

Help? :)

Is there a churning GC for dummies spot on this thread somewhere? I've looked about 15ish pages back, but can't seem to get a vision of what GC I am supposed to be buying when and turning into what. :scared:

Ebates doesn't have target GC right now, so I am a little confused.

Help? :)

Go back to page 730 or so & read forward. There's a lot of info regarding different scenarios. We all have different ways we find work best for our own situation. It's not a quick thing to jump into & there are risks so you really need to take time to dig in & process different ways & points of view.

I know everyone's process is a little different. I'm wondering what your cut off point is. What I mean by this is, at what point do you take funds out of your churn to turn into your end point card? At what point are you no longer increasing your base due to earning limits? Does this question make sense?

I know everyone's process is a little different. I'm wondering what your cut off point is. What I mean by this is, at what point do you take funds out of your churn to turn into your end point card? At what point are you no longer increasing your base due to earning limits? Does this question make sense?
Thanks for asking this! I've been wondering the same thing. Some people have reported incredible profits and I've been wondering if they're just turning EVERYTHING over every time, or turning some into Disney? I'm up to about $2000 in the mix and wondering if I keep letting it grow, or start to turn some over?

once you turn your cards into disney cards the churn ends... so its really up to you. i think having 2,000 in the mix max's possible promo's so that you could end with 500 max eBay bucks, possible more even may be needed if you don't get some promo offers...... my take would be to "take out" 500 every three months to spend at target or turn into disney cards which is essentially what you gained in eBay bucks.

remember- 1,000 in gift cards per eBay order, 4 gift cards per target order online...

I can tell you my pain threshold isn't high. I started with $350 & then added another $750 into the mix. I've added $ through churning but pulled back out the $750 in Disney gc when Target took away the 5% discount a bit ago. I now have $1300 still in the game. I'm getting ready to pull more out into Disney gc. I'm not willing to lose much so am happy with moderate earnings. I put through maybe $500 a month so definitely small potatoes.

I can tell you my pain threshold isn't high. I started with $350 & then added another $750 into the mix. I've added $ through churning but pulled back out the $750 in Disney gc when Target took away the 5% discount a bit ago. I now have $1300 still in the game. I'm getting ready to pull more out into Disney gc. I'm not willing to lose much so am happy with moderate earnings. I put through maybe $500 a month so definitely small potatoes.
so you can no longer get 5% off using the Target Red Card when purchasing Disney Gift Cards from them? I have not been on here in a long time. If so how long ago did this change?

so you can no longer get 5% off using the Target Red Card when purchasing Disney Gift Cards from them? I have not been on here in a long time. If so how long ago did this change?
I think it stopped working around April 24th, but it lasted less than a week. The 5% is currently working, but many people are concerned that it might not last long, but are hoping for the best.

Ebates is not including Target in their 15% promotion, and while some things on ebay are part of it, gift cards are not. :sad2:
Shucks

Ebates is not including Target in their 15% promotion, and while some things on ebay are part of it, gift cards are not. :sad2:
Shucks

I got the email too. Figures. I knew it wouldn't be 15% but hoped it might be more than 1%. Oh well, I am just really hoping for an ebucks promo this week :)

ebates 15% sale for ebay is a dud. GC still only at 1%. Only Baby and Pottery Glass at 15%, the rest are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter