• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also only ordered one ruler. I did pens on another order. I've done toothpaste, placemats, clearance stuff...Not only do I not need several rulers but I truly am concerned if everyone orders rulers (or any of the same item) over and over, we are going to get unwanted attention.

well my order was canceled, was 3 200 ebay gift cards, but the good thing i still got my $12 in ebate bucks :)

well my order was canceled, was 3 200 ebay gift cards, but the good thing i still got my $12 in ebate bucks :)

I think there's a bug in the Target website right now where it doesn't ask you where to send the $200 ebay gift cards too. My order got cancelled as well, but I was able to order $100 ebay cards with no problems at all.

I also suspect eBates will revoke that rebate once their system finds out Target cancelled the order.

I took advantage of the 3x eBay bucks today because our trip is in February and I don't know if they will run an eBay bucks promo in January because of redemption. Gift Card Mall also has $150 Target cards up right now, so that helped save on the shipping a bit and made the 3x bucks a little better. I ordered $900 in Target gift cards and paid only $8 shipping.

I think there's a bug in the Target website right now where it doesn't ask you where to send the $200 ebay gift cards too. My order got cancelled as well, but I was able to order $100 ebay cards with no problems at all.

I also suspect eBates will revoke that rebate once their system finds out Target cancelled the order.

My two $200 eBay's got cancelled (same thing, did not ask me where to send). So, I went back and ordered three $100's. Still waiting but it's only been two'ish hours. I doubt they are active in time for eBay sale.

I also got ebates from my cancelled orders but also thinking they will get removed once the systems catch up to each other.

Interesting that GiftCardMall on eBay seems to have shifted from 25/50/100 to 50/100/150. I welcome the change - wish they'd go to even higher denominations. Or even better - emailed gift cards to cut shipping charges out altogether!

Argh, my three $100 eBay gift cards were cancelled after my $200 was canceled earlier. I think this was the 4th canceled order from Target I have had yesterday and today. One order has gone through. All were Target or eBay gift cards with one item for ebates. So frustrated.

Argh, my three $100 eBay gift cards were cancelled after my $200 was canceled earlier. I think this was the 4th canceled order from Target I have had yesterday and today. One order has gone through. All were Target or eBay gift cards with one item for ebates. So frustrated.

I don't understand why it is so common for Target to be cancelling GC orders. Has anyone ever got a straight answer from them about why it occurs? I see people complain about it constantly on here. I'm not at that stage of buying yet so I haven't experienced it, but I'm dreading it.

I don't understand why it is so common for Target to be cancelling GC orders. Has anyone ever got a straight answer from them about why it occurs? I see people complain about it constantly on here. I'm not at that stage of buying yet so I haven't experienced it, but I'm dreading it.

I don't know. I have been ordering gift cards (mostly Disney) for about 3 years and maybe had one or two orders be canceled in all that time. Now, in two days, I have had 4 canceled. I'm hoping it is simply the busy time with yesterday's gift card sale and now lots of people trying to spend them.

I tried again just now to order one $100 eBay. So far, that is the only amount & quantity that has gone through for me in the last two days.

Oh, and I won't call them about this since technically, we cannot get the 5% off paying with a Target gift card. I don't want to alert them to the 'glitch' we all enjoy.

Can someone explain the ebates thing? Not even sure what that is

Ebates is a cashback site. If you shop through their shopping links, you earn additional cash back. You can earn an additional 2% by shopping Target through them. They do not pay cashback on gift card purchases so many of us will add a small item to our order and sometimes you will earn cashback on the entire purchase, including the gift card portion.

http://www.ebates.com/

Ebates is a cashback site. If you shop through their shopping links, you earn additional cash back. You can earn an additional 2% by shopping Target through them. They do not pay cashback on gift card purchases so many of us will add a small item to our order and sometimes you will earn cashback on the entire purchase, including the gift card portion.

http://www.ebates.com/
So does the 2% come off your total charges then? How often does it work that This % is taken off the entire order when gift cards and another item is added?

I have one other question. What would be the benefit of buying a Ebay GC from Target then buying a Target GC from EBay when they have 3X or 4X ? If you have to pay $3 to ship then you just about break even.

So does the 2% come off your total charges then? How often does it work that This % is taken off the entire order when gift cards and another item is added?

It will not come off the total. The money is held by Ebates and you receive a quarterly payout...Paypal transfer, Amazon gift card or check mailed to you. I don't know the percentage. For me, it's definitely higher than 75% of the time.

Ebates is a rebate program, hence the play on words in their name. The amount is not subtracted off your order but rather paid out at certain intervals (I *think* quarterly).

They have A LOT of stores that participate and I have seen 10% rebates in some instances. You sign up and then go to the main Ebates site and access the site you want to shop at, through their link, thereby creating a "shopping trip", from which you accrue rebates. In just about a year, I've collected almost $300 just by doing my regular online shopping through their links.

Wendow: duly noted on a massive demand for rulers. I will change it up next time. ...though we could just be a group that needs to do a lot of measuring! :)

Last edited:
I have one other question. What would be the benefit of buying a Ebay GC from Target then buying a Target GC from EBay when they have 3X or 4X ? If you have to pay $3 to ship then you just about break even.

The benefit really kicks in when you are buying large quantities because Gift Card Mall charges $2.99 shipping on first card and .99 on each additional. Today, there was a 3x promo from eBay. I was unable to buy any due to Target's messed up system but if it had worked out, I was planning to buy $750 Target GC's from GCM. This was 5 $150 cards so basically $7 shipping but $45 back in ebucks. Plus, topcashback pays cashback on eBay purchases.

Have to say I love all you guys!!! I have learned so much from all of you!!! Now adding the Ebates technique. Wow you guys are AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter