Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the same boat, as these funds are for a vacation next fall as well. However, you never know when the 5% loophole will go away, as there have been rumblings and rumors for a while now. I will probably spread my purchases out over a few days/weeks.

Do you have the Red Card chip card by any chance? I have read that the chip card seems to take away the 5% discount. Another reason I want to buy the GCs sooner rather than later. Never know when I am going to get a dreaded chip card.
Yep, I do.

I've had that happen before to me, maybe a month or so ago?

Try waiting a bit, logging out, clearing cookies, then logging back in to your Target account and starting over from scratch with your shopping cart. I think that's what I did last time.

Thanks, I was on my iPad and it finally worked when I went to the desktop site instead!

Saw all of the comments about cards not being activated by Target correctly in the rush of shipments? Several people mentioned so I assume that is not uncommon? How do you resolve - call to customer service? In the store? Also, does anyone know if gift cards are returnable? On 3 of my orders it dropped the gift card and went right to by Red Card. I placed additional orders against the GC's hoping that I could cancel the ones against my Red Card, but so far all of the gift card orders are showing "order created", while the filler items (rulers and pencils) are all showing "shipped" already

I pulled the trigger and bought $300 in eBay GC's (plus a 25-cent ruler to get the eBates) with my Target GC I got yesterday. And I have $14.74 left on it for next time. Now to wait for the eBay cards to arrive and hope the $100 Target GC's are in stock when they do.

I pulled the trigger and bought $300 in eBay GC's (plus a 25-cent ruler to get the eBates) with my Target GC I got yesterday. And I have $14.74 left on it for next time. Now to wait for the eBay cards to arrive and hope the $100 Target GC's are in stock when they do.

I came *this close* to doing the same, but I guess I'll wait and see if Target puts eBay gift cards on sale again at some point, then wait for the next round of 3x or 4x eBucks. Trying to save for a summer 2017 cruise. :)

I got the e-mail for 3x eBay Bucks (first time I've gotten one since I started paying attention!) but of course I just got a chance to sign on and GCM is completely sold out of Target GCs. I was going to buy eBay GCs with my $300 in Target GC I bought yesterday but now I won't bother. I ended up getting the Target GC at 20% off because I had $30 in rewards GCs to put towards the purchase, so I'll hang onto that for now. I've never done the eBay Bucks thing before and don't really buy anything on eBay regularly so I don't know how much extra I'd really earn by churning through there.

Purchase Game Stop Gift Cards or Best Buy - you can churn your ebay through them at least and take advantage of 3x

I am in the same boat, as these funds are for a vacation next fall as well. However, you never know when the 5% loophole will go away, as there have been rumblings and rumors for a while now. I will probably spread my purchases out over a few days/weeks.
This is me too. I'm still eight months from my cruise. I think my PiF date is in April. But who knows when target starts changing rules. I used to be able to buy gift cards at Kroger with a Kroger gift card but they don't allow it any more. There seems like there's a lot of churning going on and whether or not allowing that is a sound business decision is beyond me. But I'll feel better when I'm paid in full.

How do you change to signature requested? I don't see that option when I check out.
It's a link along the right side of the page, along with four other links. I think they start with "add employee discount" or something like that.

How do you change to signature requested? I don't see that option when I check out.[/QUOTE
Under shipping option, there was a tab for "edit shipping". I clicked on it and there were two boxes which said "request signature" or " no signature required". I checked the "request signature" box.

I'm very nervous about the 5 percent discount going away so although my trip isn't until August, I'm going to purchase my gift cards now. I am also happy they have the $100.00 gift cards as they go out of stock frequently.

Back in stock for GCM...hurry though, probably have 2 mins before they are gone again!

I am still waiting on eBay gift cards I bought from Target that have not even arrived in my inbox yet...then to wait on activation...

I'm very nervous about the 5 percent discount going away so although my trip isn't until August, I'm going to purchase my gift cards now. I am also happy they have the $100.00 gift cards as they go out of stock frequently.
If it makes you feel any better, this thread was started in 2012 when the Target GC/ Redcard 5% combo was a thing.

Just got confirmation that the 2 orders I placed today were cancelled by Target. No reason given.
My order was cancelled too. I don't have time to do the whole thing again and then wait for the eBay cards so I guess I am out for this round.

Just got confirmation that the 2 orders I placed today were cancelled by Target. No reason given.

Hmm, wonder if that is what will happen with mine too? Did you buy Disney or eBay? I bought eBay. It's been almost 4 hours.

One of each. I'd received only the "order received" email & no shipping emails for either.

Ok, so yeah, same here. Order confirmation but no shipping email yet. I really hope this is not a sign that Target is cracking down on us.

Purchase Game Stop Gift Cards or Best Buy - you can churn your ebay through them at least and take advantage of 3x
Can you use the Game Stop or Best Buy giftcards online to purchase other giftcards? You turn them back into Ebay cards again, right?

Ok, so yeah, same here. Order confirmation but no shipping email yet. I really hope this is not a sign that Target is cracking down on us.
I placed two orders this morning (all disney - no eBay) and both of them shipped (both included the ruler too). So maybe its an eBay thing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter