• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm on Raise doing my 'prep' work for Sunday. When I put the cards in my basket it clearly states that gift cards cannot be used towards the purchase of gift cards. But I'm reading otherwise on this thread. I'm planning on ordering my Target cards online on Sunday. Does anyone here have experience buying a gift card with a gift card online? Will it really work? Or should I transfer my Raise card to the Target app and try to use in store? Thanks!

Last edited:
So I'm on Raise doing my 'prep' work for Sunday. When I put the cards in my basket it clearly states that gift cards cannot be used towards the purchase of gift cards. But I'm reading otherwise on this thread. I'm planning on ordering my cards online on Sunday. Does anyone here have experience buying a gift card with a gift card online? Will it really work? Or should I transfer my Raise card to the Target app and try to use in store? Thanks!

I had all of my money on 1 Target gift card and wanted to spread it out so I can do separate transactions, and just last night, I was able to use my Target gift card on Target's site to buy smaller denomination gift cards. So yes, you can definitely use Target gift cards to buy Target gift cards on their site. Whether there will be any push back from cashiers in store, that remains to be seen. I can tell you for sure I used a Target gift card in store to buy my Disney gift cards on last week's promo (buy 2 cards get $5 Target gift card).

Thanks! Awesome to hear.
I just called my local Target to ask about the mobile kiosk for trading in gift cards and they don't have one. We have an 'older' Target, the kind without all the upgrades!

I wanted to have 2 $270 gift cards for Sunday so that DH and I can both go through a line at Target, get our $300 gift cards and be done with it.

So took all of my Target gift cards from last week's Disney cards promotion and purchased another $350 from Cardpool at 4% discount for a total of $540. I then combined all of these cards into some larger denominations at Target.com, included an in-store pickup item (wreath box) and received an additional 2% from eBates. Then I went in store and purchased the two $270 cards when I picked up my wreath box.

So right now I am looking at saving about $275 off of $600, which will put me at roughly a 46% discount. And then I will churn this through eBay/target/Disney one last time before I call it a day. This is my last big buy for our February trip. Flights and tickets are already purchased and this remaining money will cover our food, souvenirs and 2016 DVC dues. I haven't strictly tracked my savings over the past few months, but I plan on mapping out all of my savings for this trip over my holiday break so that I can better track going forward.

Does anyone have a specific way of tracking their discounts, cash back and rebates, etc?

I don't think the Raise mobile app is going to work for Target in-store. I just checked the app and it says to use my Target GCs in the store I have to add them to my account, which I have already done. I already have enough GGs for an online purchase up to the limit. I'm trying to figure out how to use more from Raise to do one in store $300 purchase. But everything I think of leads me back to the app and I don't know how the limit is being tracked.

I am trying to figure out the same thing. I think all of the Target gift cards I have seen on Raise are eCards which it says can only be used online. I don't think there is anything that ties the EGift cards I get on Raise to my name as far as redeeming them, so I was going to have my daughter use a second one from Raise under her email address to buy a second set of $300 discounted Target cards at target.com online also (so I purchased the Raise cards but the Target cards will be purchased by 2 different people with 2 different email addresses. Then when we purchase the Target cards on Sunday, will have them delivered electronically and hopefully there will be nothing preventing me from using both the Target cards I buy and the ones my daughter buys to purchase the Disney cards online (which come in $25, $50,and $100 denominations) with my RedCard as default payment which get me the additional 5%. Does that sound like it will work?

So I'm on Raise doing my 'prep' work for Sunday. When I put the cards in my basket it clearly states that gift cards cannot be used towards the purchase of gift cards. But I'm reading otherwise on this thread. I'm planning on ordering my Target cards online on Sunday. Does anyone here have experience buying a gift card with a gift card online? Will it really work? Or should I transfer my Raise card to the Target app and try to use in store? Thanks!

I have done both this week - I bought Target gift cards on Raise which I used to purchase some Disney cards (before I heard about the Sunday sale). I also bought Target gift cards on Raise which I then used to buy Target Gift cards in larger denominations (combined several smaller denomination cards from Raise). Now I plan to use those Target gift cards to buy the discounted Target gift cards on Sunday. I will then be using the cards bought on Sunday to buy Disney gift cards. A lot less work than it sounds, but if my math is correct I will be saving a little over 17% with all of the discounts (I use Ebates too for the Target purchases) so I think it is worth it. Wish I had known about this sooner and I would tried to my whole trip like this. :-)

I am trying to figure out the same thing. I think all of the Target gift cards I have seen on Raise are eCards which it says can only be used online.

Actually, you can use them in store, as long as you have the Target app on your smart phone and load them into your Target "wallet". The cashier will scan the bar code that pops up in the app to complete the transaction.

That said, you save gas & time buy purchasing online, so there's nothing wrong with your plan, other than possibly Target limiting online purchases to one per IP address. If that turns out to be the case, just disconnect your cell phone from your wifi and use your cellular data to complete the 2nd transaction.

I am trying to figure out the same thing. I think all of the Target gift cards I have seen on Raise are eCards which it says can only be used online. I don't think there is anything that ties the EGift cards I get on Raise to my name as far as redeeming them, so I was going to have my daughter use a second one from Raise under her email address to buy a second set of $300 discounted Target cards at target.com online also (so I purchased the Raise cards but the Target cards will be purchased by 2 different people with 2 different email addresses. Then when we purchase the Target cards on Sunday, will have them delivered electronically and hopefully there will be nothing preventing me from using both the Target cards I buy and the ones my daughter buys to purchase the Disney cards online (which come in $25, $50,and $100 denominations) with my RedCard as default payment which get me the additional 5%. Does that sound like it will work?

It sounds like it will because you are using two different Target accounts linked to two different email and physical addresses.

It sounds like it will because you are using two different Target accounts linked to two different email and physical addresses.

Well actually 2 different email addresses, but the same physical address. I am hoping the Sunday deal includes electronic Target cards, if they only allow physical gift cards to be bought them I have a problem because we leave on 1/2 so I don't have enough time to get the target gift cards in the mail and then buy Disney cards and get them before we leave too. If I can do everything Sunday online and get Ecards, then I can use them online on Monday to purchase the Disney cards that will have to be mailed and still get here before we leave.

Actually, you can use them in store, as long as you have the Target app on your smart phone and load them into your Target "wallet". The cashier will scan the bar code that pops up in the app to complete the transaction.

That said, you save gas & time buy purchasing online, so there's nothing wrong with your plan, other than possibly Target limiting online purchases to one per IP address. If that turns out to be the case, just disconnect your cell phone from your wifi and use your cellular data to complete the 2nd transaction.

Thank you that worked. I was not a big Target Shopper until discovering about the Disney Gift cards a couple of weeks ago. Will help to keep my options open in case the online stuff does not work.

I want to make sure I do this correctly...

I just bought a $200 DIGITAL Target gift card from Target using $100 in Target cards from Raise and the $100 I already had saved on my current, PHYSICAL card, which now has $0.80 left on it. I would like to put the $200 card onto my physical card so I have to go to customer service at the store and have them combined, correct?

Now, on Sunday, I would like to use my regular credit card to purchase a $300 Target card. First question...can I simply have them add the $300 to my current, physical gift card or does it have to be new purchase? I'm assuming that is has to be a new gift card so that leads me to my next question...since the $300 card will not be active until Monday, will I have to go back to the store on Monday to get it combined with my other gift card? Or will they be able to transfer the funds (either way, I don't care as long as they end up on a PHYSICAL card that I purchased) on Sunday?

I sort of want to "clean up" my gift cards, as it were and do some combining onto some separate cards, but I can't seem to find a way to buy a new eGift card online for any dollar amount. I though you used to be able to do that. Now I can only select from their pre-determined values. Bleh.

I'm new to the thread and trying to catch up on the Target gift card deal on Sunday... So the deal says: "A few things to keep in mind as you plan your trip: The discount is limited to the first $300 worth of Target GiftCard purchases per household, and the minimum GiftCard value eligible for the discount is $10." So this means I can get $300 worth of Target gift cards for 10% off so $300 worth for only $270?

And then, after I have the Target gift cards, I can use them to buy Disney gift cards online to pay for my trip? Is that right?

I'm new to the thread and trying to catch up on the Target gift card deal on Sunday... So the deal says: "A few things to keep in mind as you plan your trip: The discount is limited to the first $300 worth of Target GiftCard purchases per household, and the minimum GiftCard value eligible for the discount is $10." So this means I can get $300 worth of Target gift cards for 10% off so $300 worth for only $270?

And then, after I have the Target gift cards, I can use them to buy Disney gift cards online to pay for my trip? Is that right?

Yes, precisely.

Anyone ordered email Target gift cards from Target in last day? I combined some smaller cards into a single $200 one. They normally send the gift card in about an hour or two. It's been almost a day and my order still just shows 'order created'. I need that gift card for tomorrow!

Anyone ordered email Target gift cards from Target in last day? I combined some smaller cards into a single $200 one. They normally send the gift card in about an hour or two. It's been almost a day and my order still just shows 'order created'. I need that gift card for tomorrow!
Cancel and buy from raise. Instant for me!

Edit - guessing your trying to split totals

Right, I was using smaller Target gift cards to buy one large Target one. I do this all the time and have never had one not arrive pretty quickly. So, I'm a little nervous about what happened to it!

Late last night I ordered two small ones, $15 and $10, to finish off what I needed after my Raise GCs. They came in about 30 mins each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter