• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this gift card thing.
Should I buy a discounted target card at raise today and then use that on Sunday at target?
Is raise the best site for discounts or is there others?

Or should I buy a target card online at target tonight with my red card for 5% off? And use that to purchase 10% gift cards at Target Sunday?

The Red Card never gives 5% off Target gift cards.

Raise and Cardpool have worked well for me in the past, but nothing in life is certain. Some people have had bad experiences with each, so be sure to read reviews of both to know the potential risks.

Well my plan was to open a DVA and pay my dues. I just read I can not do that. I Know I can only use two forms of payment to pay dues. Same for buying tickets. So I guess I could get a hundred target card and change it to a disney and then apply that towards one ticket x 2. And I guess I could get $100 card and put towards dues. I was kinda liking the idea of getting 10% off all dues with both D H and I getting $300. I googled to see it target has a $500 disney card they do not online.

Well my plan was to open a DVA and pay my dues. I just read I can not do that. I Know I can only use two forms of payment to pay dues. Same for buying tickets. So I guess I could get a hundred target card and change it to a disney and then apply that towards one ticket x 2. And I guess I could get $100 card and put towards dues. I was kinda liking the idea of getting 10% off all dues with both D H and I getting $300. I googled to see it target has a $500 disney card they do not online.
You can use the Disney gift card website and combine Disney gift cards. You can combine up to $1000 on a card and can store up to 5 cards with the website. Then you could use one to pay your dues depending how much your dues are.

I'm new to this gift card thing.
Should I buy a discounted target card at raise today and then use that on Sunday at target?
Is raise the best site for discounts or is there others?

Or should I buy a target card online at target tonight with my red card for 5% off? And use that to purchase 10% gift cards at Target Sunday?
I have been buying Disney cards with target gift cards to save the extra 5% off online for about 2 years. I haven't used raise myself so I can't answer that question. I am planning to buy $300 worth in Sunday and my daughter is too. Thst should take care of us for awhile. I already bought quite a few with the deal last week.

Question: I am a WDW vet but we are going to Disneyland in CA in a few months. I know this is probably a dumb question, but if I do the buy at Target, and then the combine-Disney-gift-cards-on-the-website thing, I CAN use that to purchase DisneyLAND tickets just like I would to purchase WDW tickets, right?

Question: I am a WDW vet but we are going to Disneyland in CA in a few months. I know this is probably a dumb question, but if I do the buy at Target, and then the combine-Disney-gift-cards-on-the-website thing, I CAN use that to purchase DisneyLAND tickets just like I would to purchase WDW tickets, right?
Yes.

Definitely! I have done it.

Can anyone tell me a definite yes or no as to whether target is considered a department store on discover cards 5% cash back bonus? I am getting conflicting reports. If it isn't I need to get my raise cards for this sunday!

Can anyone tell me a definite yes or no as to whether target is considered a department store on discover cards 5% cash back bonus? I am getting conflicting reports. If it isn't I need to get my raise cards for this sunday!
I don't know from experience, but the Discover page defines Department Stores as "Department stores are defined as retailers selling a wide variety of merchandise, with separate checkout counters in each department." By that definition, I wouldn't think Target qualifies ...

I don't know from experience, but the Discover page defines Department Stores as "Department stores are defined as retailers selling a wide variety of merchandise, with separate checkout counters in each department." By that definition, I wouldn't think Target qualifies ...

They do have a checkout in electronics and pharmacy, but something makes me doubt that counts. Why don't you call Discover and ask?

I've never done Raise purchases before. I read through about 30 pages of this thread, but still don't get all the details. Can someone with experience tell me if I'm understanding this correctly?
  1. If I purchase approx $540 in Target e-gift cards from Raise today, will I get them in time for Sunday's deal?
  2. Would that be approx the correct amount to buy if I am wanting to purchase $300 of Target cards in-store and another $300 of Target cards online using Sunday's deal?
  3. Then use those Target cards to buy Disney Cards (online if possible with my redcard as a default payment)?
  4. Then I can combine the Disney cards online, and use the combined Disney cards to buy Disneyland tickets either on the website or at the gate in California?
  5. Did I get that all correct? Or did I miss something?

And I guess I could get $100 card and put towards dues. I was kinda liking the idea of getting 10% off all dues with both D H and I getting $300.
You can use up to 4 disney gift cards for dues, or maybe it was 4 forms of payments so 3 gc and 1 cc. At the very least you can pay $3000 in dues with gift cards. Well worth it. I'm still going to try to pay with a DVA first, worked last year.

I've never done Raise purchases before. I read through about 30 pages of this thread, but still don't get all the details. Can someone with experience tell me if I'm understanding this correctly?
Those are the steps. I've never purchased a target gift card with a gift card in store. You may get a cashier that won't let you pay for it that way.

If you have a smart phone, you can get the raise app. It comes with a wallet and saves the gc you've purchased. I've used the mobile wallet at home depot with no issues. My plan is to use a different gc online than in store because once you use it online, it's tied to your online account. If they want to enforce the 1 per household rule, it wouldn't be too hard to track that gc was used to purchase another $300 in stores.

I don't think the Raise mobile app is going to work for Target in-store. I just checked the app and it says to use my Target GCs in the store I have to add them to my account, which I have already done. I already have enough GGs for an online purchase up to the limit. I'm trying to figure out how to use more from Raise to do one in store $300 purchase. But everything I think of leads me back to the app and I don't know how the limit is being tracked.

I don't think the Raise mobile app is going to work for Target in-store. I just checked the app and it says to use my Target GCs in the store I have to add them to my account, which I have already done. I already have enough GGs for an online purchase up to the limit. I'm trying to figure out how to use more from Raise to do one in store $300 purchase. But everything I think of leads me back to the app and I don't know how the limit is being tracked.
Can I just purchase 2 different Target e-gift cards from Raise and use one online, and a different one in-store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter